Heineken cup draw

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Heineken cup draw

Post by trendylfj »

Not much joy for us next year - what a tier 4 - no easy games there. We are ranked in tier 3.

Tier 4 Bath, Challenge Cup winners, Cardiff Blues, and RC Toulon – as well as Ulster and Gloucester.

Tier 3 will include the two clubs ranked fourth which are not in Tier 2 as well as the three fifth-ranked clubs from each league – Leicester Tigers, Edinburgh Rugby and Toulouse.

Tier 2 will include the three third-ranked clubs from the leagues – Wasps, Glasgow Warriors and Racing 92 – as well as the second-ranked club which was not drawn into Tier 1 and the fourth-ranked club from the same league as the club which was not drawn into Tier 1.

Tier 1 will have two of the three second-ranked clubs – Exeter Chiefs, Scarlets and Montpellier – joining Heineken Champions Cup and PRO14 winners, Leinster, Premiership winners, Saracens, and TOP 14 winners, Castres
Hehehehehehehehe
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Heineken cup draw

Post by Rugbyflanker »

So if I'm reading this correctly,two tier 1 big guns will end up in the same group?
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

As long as we don't get Racing and Munster again, I'll be happy with whoever we get in our group!
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Rugbyflanker wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:29 pm So if I'm reading this correctly,two tier 1 big guns will end up in the same group?
Not quite. Tier 1 will consist of the 3 league winners and two of the three runners-up. The remaining runner-up will be in Tier 2 and end up in the same group as one of the Tier 1 teams.
biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by biffer »

Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

biffer wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:17 pm Full details here

https://d2cx26qpfwuhvu.cloudfront.net/e ... ained-.pdf
And a reasonable explanation here:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/spor ... en-1666327

although a clear (from alcohol etc) head is probably required to follow it in full.
jamie1880

Post by jamie1880 »

For those of you still struggling to understand the seeding, Wikipedia (surprisingly) seems to be the best out there for explaining it

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018–19 ... mpions_Cup
WirralExile
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by WirralExile »

So, having read all of the above and the Wikipedia link, I’m still a bit fuzzy. When does the actual draw take place? Is there any chance of us getting Ulster in our group? I always enjoy a trip to the Province.
Wirral Exile
Same birthplace as Oz, but not quite as lippy!
WirralExile
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by WirralExile »

I should have read the club website before posting - tomorrow’s the day of enlightenment!
Wirral Exile
Same birthplace as Oz, but not quite as lippy!
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

As these clubs are not far from my home, I'm hoping to be drawn with either Toulouse or Castres!
Semper in excretia
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Robespierre wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:11 am As these clubs are not far from my home, I'm hoping to be drawn with either Toulouse or Castres!
Can't get Toulouse as they are a tier 3 club just like Leicester but can get Castre as they are in tier 1. If we do is my bed booked????? hehehe
Hehehehehehehehe
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

trendylfj wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:47 am
Robespierre wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:11 am As these clubs are not far from my home, I'm hoping to be drawn with either Toulouse or Castres!
Can't get Toulouse as they are a tier 3 club just like Leicester but can get Castre as they are in tier 1. If we do is my bed booked????? hehehe
Yep, the tent's already there at the bottom of the garden, but you'll have to watch out for the wild boar that often pass in the night :smt003
Semper in excretia
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Robespierre wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:15 am
Yep, the tent's already there at the bottom of the garden, but you'll have to watch out for the wild boar that often pass in the night :smt003
Exactly what do they pass in the night? Wind?.... :smt002
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Cagey Tiger wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:33 am
Robespierre wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:15 am

Exactly what do they pass in the night? Wind?.... :smt002
Has been known, so best keep upwind of 'em!
Semper in excretia
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

All will be revealed at 3pm French time!!
Semper in excretia