Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JP14
Super User
Super User

Re: Dismissal of England coaches

Post by JP14 »

Chobbsy wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:46 am
Old Hob wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:47 pm Curious story in today's Times about two under-18 programme coaches who were at a formal RFU dinner and each was separately asked to step outside for a chat by Dean Ryan the RFU head of international player development. Each was then told that his services were no longer required and neither returned to the dinner. The Times says the pair have successfully run the programme for a decade.
RFU are to make 100 job cuts across the board, all RFU staff have been put at risk
Does Nigel Melville qualify for the cut? I think so for doing everything in his power to try and diminish and unprofessionalise the women’s game!
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Mallinder has taken the RFU pathway role that the two sacked coaches have vacated.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

sam16111986 wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:00 pm Mallinder has taken the RFU pathway role that the two sacked coaches have vacated.
http://www.englandrugby.com/news/jim-ma ... rthampton/
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Offside
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Offside »

It would appear that loyalty is a redundant concept at the RFU. Sometimes things do need a refresh but the information so far does suggest that the two encumbants were sacked to allow Jim to get the role as he was available and perceived to be better, rather than poor performance. Two for one suggests his salary will be higher too. I presume they will be paid off with money as well as platitudes. A very sad day for open governance.
chris111
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by chris111 »

Old Hob wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:53 pm
ellis9 wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:16 am As no information has been given, how do we know they haven't done something which is a sackable offence?
I thought this. And if I were given information that showed a certain kind of misconduct with young people I would sack people instantly wherever we were at that moment. However, there has been nothing to suggest that is the case. Furthermore, the RFU says it is considering their futures.
Really? Wouldn’t you start by suspending them, then instigate formal HR procedures to investigate the evidence and make a decision based on that? I’m not sure I’d want my boss to behave in the way you suggest...and I know I’d have my trade union’s support!