Well done Wayne Barnes and Sarries

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Smudge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Well done Wayne Barnes and Sarries

Post by Smudge »

It should be country before club but now there is far too much country.
As I said in my post, what other sports would allow their best players to be taken for 12 weeks out of the season?
And yes, I did object when we were supplying so many payers.
Maybe Cricket but that is very much to their detriment and something they want to undo.

If there was a balanced approach it could work but I don't want to see the SH teams here every year and neither am I worried about us playing Italy Argentina or Romania.
A life long Tiger
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Did anyone count the number of internationals in Sarries matchday 23? I made it 19.
As for Chiefs, they are NOT lily-white. Rowe is probably more scheming than most.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Jgriffin,PM me! 😉
chris111
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by chris111 »

Personally it’s very much club before country for me...I’ve never attended an international game in my life, and although I watch some of them on TV it’s generally more out of interest in how Tigers’ players are getting on, it would never replace being at Welford Road.

I may be in a minority - but would be curious as to how people here would respond to the following dilemma:

England win World Cup or Tigers win European Cup - you get to choose just one....? I think you can guess which I’d bite your hand off for!
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

chris111 wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 10:47 pm Personally it’s very much club before country for me...I’ve never attended an international game in my life, and although I watch some of them on TV it’s generally more out of interest in how Tigers’ players are getting on, it would never replace being at Welford Road.

I may be in a minority - but would be curious as to how people here would respond to the following dilemma:

England win World Cup or Tigers win European Cup - you get to choose just one....? I think you can guess which I’d bite your hand off for!
:smt023
A no brainer. Tigers every time for me. You express my sentiments perfectly in your post.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

Tigers first and always.
I'm not cynical just experienced
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

chris111 wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 10:47 pm Personally it’s very much club before country for me...I’ve never attended an international game in my life, and although I watch some of them on TV it’s generally more out of interest in how Tigers’ players are getting on, it would never replace being at Welford Road.

I'd choose the World Cup as it only comes around every 4 years. Tigers could then win the Champions Cup the following year. :smt023
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

That's your best post ever Ellis! 😉