Tiff Youngs Interview

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

sapajo
Super User
Super User

Tiff Youngs Interview

Post by sapajo »

A heartwarming and positive interview from a very inspirational and strong woman.

http://thebackstorypodcast.co.uk/index. ... :censored:-story/
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
JP14
Super User
Super User

Re: Tiff Youngs Interview

Post by JP14 »

Indeed, amen.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

Thankyou Sapajo for posting this very moving audio on the message board, yes it is 34 minutes long but it is an excellent interview full of heartwarming incidents and a true battle to survive and move forward.
It shows what strength & leadership Tom has to encourage all as well as continue playing.
Well done Tiff and Tom.
I really hope that Tigers arrange a bucket collection for the Bloodwise and Macmillan Charities.
I encourage you to listen to Tiff's journey. :smt038
WirralExile
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by WirralExile »

I listened to this last night, choking back tears on a number of occasions. This is an amazing story or courage, resilience and strength. We can look at our lives and get annoyed by the smallest things but Tiff's story is inspirational. And through it all Tom was right there - she never ate hospital food once, he cooked and brought it in from home! The guy is an example we should all look up to.
Wirral Exile
Same birthplace as Oz, but not quite as lippy!
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Frankly it made both of us feel like punching the people who harped on about OTY this season. Complete :censored: hero. :smt027
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

Having been in the position that Tom has been in I know how hard it is to be there for your wife and to carry on doing your job and it is essential that you carry on doing your job as life for both has to be as normal as possible in the circumstances. My wife had a seventeen year battle as the disease came and went, it started when our children were still at school and by the time she passed they had all four been through University and were settled in their careers, two were married and one planning her wedding. I have since had cancer myself and for me fighting the disease as the victim is a lot easier than being the carer particularly when there are children. The most important thing in either situation is the support of family and friends and we saw from Ben's action in withdrawing from the Lion's tour that Tom and Tif had that. I am so happy for them both at the news and wish them all the best for the future.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Fine sentiments JtG - there but for the grace of etc etc etc
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

strawclearer wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 12:21 pm Fine sentiments JtG - there but for the grace of etc etc etc
2 page spread in today's Mercury where Tiffany tells her story. Can't do link at the moment.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Hopefully a very happy ending! On my father's side we have lost his mother and three sisters to some form of this disease and myself/wife lost mother/mother in law and sister/sister in law,the latter who courageously battled to stay alive long enough to see us marry,she sadly passed a week later. Tom is definitely one of the good guys and I hope they live a very long,happy family life together!
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

voice of the crumbie wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 1:54 pm
strawclearer wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 12:21 pm Fine sentiments JtG - there but for the grace of etc etc etc
2 page spread in today's Mercury where Tiffany tells her story. Can't do link at the moment.
This?

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news ... om-1602955
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

WhitecapTiger wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 4:14 pm
voice of the crumbie wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 1:54 pm
This?

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news ... om-1602955
Yes, that's it. Thanks Whitecap.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!