Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

drc_007
Super User
Super User

Re: Eng vs Barbarians

Post by drc_007 »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 6:36 pm
Rugbyflanker wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 5:38 pm Slade is the new 36!
Pundits rave about Slade but I always think he’s never as great as they make out. He was quality leading up to the last World Cup but since his leg injury has never looked the same player.
Totally agree, some players never regain their form after a serious injury.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Nah he was good against the Falcons but not good today. Personally I think he’s a bit of flat-track bully, on the few chance he has had with England, the only he dominated in was against lowly positioned Uruguay.

I also think that Lozowski is a bit overrated too, but outside centre is his best position.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Stephen18
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Stephen18 »

Having watched today all it makes me hope is that Eddie comes to his senses and starts playing Daly at 13, he the best option we currently have at 13 and is wasted on the wing as I think he will be at fullback.
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Yes and Farrell proved beyond any doubt that's he's a better 10 than 12 and a far,far better 10 than GF. I would seriously think about Farrell,Loz,Daly in SA.
Stephen18
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Stephen18 »

Rugbyflanker wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 8:42 pm Yes and Farrell proved beyond any doubt that's he's a better 10 than 12 and a far,far better 10 than GF. I would seriously think about Farrell,Loz,Daly in SA.
Absolutely Farrell must surely be getting annoyed by being constantly played at 12 himself now having won 3 premiership title and 2 champion cups at 10, there’s not much more you can do to prove your the best in your position. Although I not massively impressed with Lozowski a good premiership player but certainly not big enough for a international centre. More me it has to be Teo at inside need a big ball carrier and showed on the lions tour he can play against the best.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Sorry, Rugbyflanker, I’m just not convinced that inside centre is Lozowski’s best position. Personally I hope that Trinder getting the promotion to the tour squad...

Farrell, Te’o, Trinder
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Trinder is very good but suffers from SamWarburtonitis.
Stephen18
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Stephen18 »

JP14 wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 8:58 pm Sorry, Rugbyflanker, I’m just not convinced that inside centre is Lozowski’s best position. Personally I hope that Trinder getting the promotion to the tour squad...

Farrell, Te’o, Trinder
I like Trinder and hope he plays well against the barbarians, it’s good to see someone selected on form, and know he covers wing, but personally I was hoping Woodward would make the squad and offer a proper alternative to Brown at 15.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Stephen18 wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 8:57 pm
Rugbyflanker wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 8:42 pm Yes and Farrell proved beyond any doubt that's he's a better 10 than 12 and a far,far better 10 than GF. I would seriously think about Farrell,Loz,Daly in SA.
Absolutely Farrell must surely be getting annoyed by being constantly played at 12 himself now having won 3 premiership title and 2 champion cups at 10, there’s not much more you can do to prove your the best in your position. Although I not massively impressed with Lozowski a good premiership player but certainly not big enough for a international centre. More me it has to be Teo at inside need a big ball carrier and showed on the lions tour he can play against the best.
He got moved to 12 in the Lions series as well. I just think that he lacks a little creativity at 10 once removed from the Sarries bubble. If it's not working for him at Sarries he can put boot to ball watch it come down with snow on it and have the wolf pack defence savage the catcher. He doesn't get away with that at international level and sometimes against the top club sides either.

That's why he got moved from 10 to 12 to accommodate Sexton for the Lions and remains at 12 beside Ford for England (as he did for the under 20s).

Also Te'o would have to be fit for more than five minutes at a time to be the solution in midfield. We might as well talk about relying on Manu.
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Isn't that exactly what Sexton does for Ireland and Leinster?! Dont blame the kicker,blame the kickchase! And Farrell is only at 12 for England because we don't have anymore,it's never in a million years because Ford's a better FH. England will not win a WC with F and F.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

They might with Cipriani and Farrell at 10 and 12.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I was really disappointed that Woodward didn’t make the cut for the game today, offers so much more than Brown. Eddie Jones doesn’t want to drop Brown or he’ll throw a hissy fit like when he wasn’t selected for the Lions!
Crumblies
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Crumblies »

Your opinion which you express adnausium in the forlorn hope it becomes accepted fact.

Fortunately opinions vary!
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Rugbyflanker wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 11:03 pm Isn't that exactly what Sexton does for Ireland and Leinster?! Dont blame the kicker,blame the kickchase! And Farrell is only at 12 for England because we don't have anymore,it's never in a million years because Ford's a better FH. England will not win a WC with F and F.
Sexton normally kicks to contest. Farrell kicks to force the opposition back three to run into a wall of black.

England won a grand slam and white washed Australia in Australia with Ford and Farrell. They can do that again if we improve our attacking game and start playing off 10. Same problems we've had at Tigers really running forwards off of 9 straight into the opposition forwards only work if your pack is obviously bigger and more powerful. Start playing off of 10 and stretching the defence, open up some space around the ruck for Youngs to exploit. Basically what we did against Sale but get the Vunipolas running off of Ford's shoulder.
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

JFL,Tipuric,Vito v Robshaw,Curry,Mercer? Ouch! 😉