Tigers in the U20 JRWC squads

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers in the U20 JRWC squads

Post by RagingBull »

Rugbyflanker wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 12:42 pm My point was more if he progresses through to full squad RB. Would he have to play in Wales then?
Gatlands off after RWC so who knows what will happen after he goes, Gatland laws seem to have enough exception rules that he picks who he wants anyway Owen Williams might have been in the squad still if it wasn't for the fact Gloucester never play him now.

Reffell still has another year at U20's so we have time on our side, but I believe he is EQP now so if he is good enough that might be enough pressure to make the welsh cap him regardless of club. (again IF he is good enough)
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Reffell was outstanding against Bath, shame his opportunities with Leicester have been when he has been with Wales U20s :smt012 I hope to see him start at 6 (7 if Evans hasn’t recovered) in preseason.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

That Leicester Faingaanuka is named as left winger for the All Blacks U20s team to play Japan in the World U20s

:smt027
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Like I said,Smith easily our best young FH!
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Lewis red!
chris111
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by chris111 »

Robespierre wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 9:02 am
JP14 wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 7:31 am We might see a lot more of the likes of Heyes and Hills now Betts, Mulipola, Rizzo, Baumann & Traynor have left, especially when Cole is away with England.
I've a feeling that Dan Cole could be available for Tigers for all of next season.
Highly unlikely. It might be that DC’s time as automatic starter for England will be coming to an end soon, but if fit there’s no way he won’t be in the match day squad at least through to RWC2019. Still #1 THP in the set piece, even if others offer more in open play.
FrontRowUnionMember
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by FrontRowUnionMember »

chris111 wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:46 pm
Robespierre wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 9:02 am
JP14 wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 7:31 am We might see a lot more of the likes of Heyes and Hills now Betts, Mulipola, Rizzo, Baumann & Traynor have left, especially when Cole is away with England.
I've a feeling that Dan Cole could be available for Tigers for all of next season.
Highly unlikely. It might be that DC’s time as automatic starter for England will be coming to an end soon, but if fit there’s no way he won’t be in the match day squad at least through to RWC2019. Still #1 THP in the set piece, even if others offer more in open play.
I think he'll be a starter for a little while yet, but once his days as automatic starter are behind him, I think he'll fall out the 23, as I'm not sure he has the same impact off the bench.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Sam Lewis was red carded in the victory over Italy yesterday and will probably receive a ban of some kind, if a replacement is needed I'd hope Cameron Jordan would be high on the list of candidates
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

I agree re the comments on Colely, he'll be kept on until the RWC and then very much be the cover option as younger players are brought into the 23 man squad. Williams starting and Sinckler for impact would be favourite.

The Sam Lewis red card was a mixture of stupidity and bad luck. It was a harsh red card because the player's head made contact with his elbow only because he slipped. It was stupid because there was absolutely no need to try and block the player running past him. I'd assume any ban would be a slap on the wrist 1 week unless he has previous.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

sam16111986 wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:56 pm I agree re the comments on Colely, he'll be kept on until the RWC and then very much be the cover option as younger players are brought into the 23 man squad. Williams starting and Sinckler for impact would be favourite.

The Sam Lewis red card was a mixture of stupidity and bad luck. It was a harsh red card because the player's head made contact with his elbow only because he slipped. It was stupid because there was absolutely no need to try and block the player running past him. I'd assume any ban would be a slap on the wrist 1 week unless he has previous.
I'd check your screen for cracks! :smt023
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Rugbyflanker wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:21 pm Lewis red!
Dumb act!!
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I know that people had not been keen on Kpoku pre-tournament, but I think he’s been fantastic thus far. A different breed of lock to the likes of Itoje and Isiekwe, which is probably going to be better for the youngster as he won’t be living under their shadows
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

JP14 wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:03 pm I know that people had not been keen on Kpoku pre-tournament, but I think he’s been fantastic thus far. A different breed of lock to the likes of Itoje and Isiekwe, which is probably going to be better for the youngster as he won’t be living under their shadows
If Itoje and Isiekwe continue to play like they did on Saturday they won't be casting any shadows.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

England through to the final after beating The Baby Boks 32 - 31

Nearly threw away a 19 point lead.
Thought all the Leicester boys put their hands up especially Hardwick who is developing into a quality 12.
Olowefea is ready to step up too
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Thought White had an excellent game: crisp pass, good kicking game, very vocal and good support lines along with a well taken try. Hopefully all 3 of these under 20s backs will be in the match day 23! Hardwick will be like Owen Williams; very good, physical player who can play fly half or centre.
If we don’t give them game time they’ll be off to another club.