Tigers in the U20 JRWC squads

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers in the U20 JRWC squads

Post by jgriffin »

BFG wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:05 pm French starting prop reminded me of farmer White.
England well beaten at the scrum.
I would've had Brand on much earlier to attack the fringes.
Ibitoye had a shocker.
Posted before that Ibitoye won't be even good AP, but Olowofela will likely have an England future
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

jgriffin wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:09 pm
BFG wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:05 pm French starting prop reminded me of farmer White.
Ibitoye had a shocker.
Posted before that Ibitoye won't be even good AP, but Olowofela will likely have an England future
The Ibitoye love-in from the media has been so annoying, Olowefela has played way better this tournament
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

kpj tiger wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:12 pm
Ibitoye had a shocker.
The Ibitoye love-in from the media has been so annoying, Olowefela has played way better this tournament
Mainly led by Monye though, who seems to love any player coming through the Quins academy.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

While Ibitoye had a poor game in terms of defence, wasting some excellent up-and-unders from Marcus Smith, he was still a viable and potent running threat. I believe he has a future, if Quins can actually develop all their players coming through the academy.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:17 pm
kpj tiger wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:12 pm
Mainly led by Monye though, who seems to love any player coming through the Quins academy.
Yes I thought he was found out against better prepared players today.
Perhaps a slightly easier group stage for England allowed for some glory hunting.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

JP14 wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:55 pm While Ibitoye had a poor game in terms of defence, wasting some excellent up-and-unders from Marcus Smith, he was still a viable and potent running threat.
So, you mean he's one dimensional? :smt003

To be fair, he looks a handful with the ball in hand but I saw no evidence as to why EJ should have had him anywhere near a senior squad. London-centric hype.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Ibitoye is usually s very good defender for a winger he just an off day yesterday.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

I still feel Marcus Smith is over rated and he is certainly not as good a goal kicker as Hardwick, kicks should be taken by the best kicker regardless of position. To be honest I thought the French played well, their forwards were better technically and we really needed to keep the game open with the ball in hand but over all a good tournament for our under 20's and the experience should benefit Tigers next season with Olowfela and Hardwick competing for a place in the Premiership squad.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

johnthegriff wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:03 pm I still feel Marcus Smith is over rated and he is certainly not as good a goal kicker as Hardwick, kicks should be taken by the best kicker regardless of position. To be honest I thought the French played well, their forwards were better technically and we really needed to keep the game open with the ball in hand but over all a good tournament for our under 20's and the experience should benefit Tigers next season with Olowfela and Hardwick competing for a place in the Premiership squad.
Agree 100% about Smith, and about goal kicking EXCEPT Hardwick had a banjo day in a previous match, Grayson found out, so that probably counted!
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Yes I think Smith is overrated, talented player but nowhere near as complete as the French 10 yesterday.
If Hardwick is on the park then he kicks the goals, anything else is just egotistical nonsense which is not uncommon these days is it!
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Marcus Smth just annoys me! I thought he had a very poor game, his little skip every time he gets ball is so predictable and his short passing is so easy to see coming. Overrated at the moment, maybe he will mature?
MikeR
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by MikeR »

Sorry , just don't get the hype about White . Decent pass but offers nothing in attack - Simmons by far the better prospect . Olofawela did well - if he learns to take the high ball and defend he may make our 1st Team squad this Season . Hardwick very good - should be our bench 10/12 . Not sure about Heyes yet - decent in loose but needs to lose a bit of fat and replace it with muscle .
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Spot on Mike re our SHs.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

MikeR wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:01 am Sorry , just don't get the hype about White . Decent pass but offers nothing in attack - Simmons by far the better prospect . Olofawela did well - if he learns to take the high ball and defend he may make our 1st Team squad this Season . Hardwick very good - should be our bench 10/12 . Not sure about Heyes yet - decent in loose but needs to lose a bit of fat and replace it with muscle .
When you get people saying Harrison is a better scrum half than Ben Youngs, it tells you all you need to know. Ben White looks a good prospect but he still has a lot more room for improvement. He has an excellent pass but he needs to work on his all round game before we start getting too excited. He is one for the future though.
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Who has ever said he's better than Ben? No one so stop making things up! Learn to read (stupid thumb thing)