BT Sport Dream

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Grimlish
Gold Member
Gold Member

BT Sport Dream

Post by Grimlish »

Announced last night, alongside Niki Goneva as Player of the Year and a certain former Mr Richards as Coach of the Year, was this "Dream Team" .

I make that 6 current or ex-Tigers and a 4,5,6 combo to boot. Mind you I wouldnt have Gibson near it....
JP14
Super User
Super User

Re: BT Sport Dream

Post by JP14 »

Few surprising calls there! This would be mine:

1 Bateman
2 Cooper
3 Cooper-Woolley
4 Green
5 Spencer
6 Willis
7 Polledri
8 Ackermann
9 de Klerk
10 Smith
11 May
12 Slade (yeah I know played outside but he can play inside)
13 Trinder
14 Adams
15 Woodward
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Super User
Super User

Post by 4071 »

Grimlish wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 12:05 pm Announced last night, alongside Niki Goneva as Player of the Year and a certain former Mr Richards as Coach of the Year, was this "Dream Team" .

I make that 6 current or ex-Tigers and a 4,5,6 combo to boot. Mind you I wouldnt have Gibson near it....
Gibson has been excellent in a monumentally poor team.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Gibson was one of our biggest losses of the Cockers era.
Like several others before him it seemed his face didn't fit so left with no option but to leave.
Not sure he's ever going to be a top international but he's a fine player at club level.

Can't forgive him for going to Stains though!

Deano has proven himself a coach. Like many before him started brightly just after stopping playing, struggled for a while but then went away and learned to coach succeeding at Quins and now at Newcastle.

Will the bloodgate scandal prevent him from ever becoming England coach?
Tiger_in_Birmingham
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tiger_in_Birmingham »

mol2 wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 10:10 am Gibson was one of our biggest losses of the Cockers era.
Like several others before him it seemed his face didn't fit so left with no option but to leave.
I'm not certain his face didn't fit seeing as he managed to get 40 Premiership games over 2 seasons with us.

13/14 - 17 starts + 2 from the bench (played 80 minutes in 13 of his 17 starts)
14/15 - 17 starts + 4 from the bench (played 80 minutes in 14 of this 17 starts, 79 minutes in 1, and 70 + 10 minute yellow in another)

So he started over 3/4 of the games whilst here and wasn't subbed off very often.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Bloodgate has nothing to do with it, he has ruled himself out “officially” of being a future England coach.
Grimlish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Grimlish »

And he would have done that if Bloodgate hadn’t happened?
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

JP14 wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 4:06 pm Bloodgate has nothing to do with it, he has ruled himself out “officially” of being a future England coach.
I think Bloodgate exposed a ruthless self-interest and dictatorial style, 'directing' people to cover up. This appalled me far more than the actual cheating; it did result in career damage far in excess of his. Not for England IMO
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
newport tiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by newport tiger »

Quite alarming to see both locks are former Tigers especially when it is one area where we are struggling at the moment. Hopefully the signing of Spencer will go some way towards addressing the problem.
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Considering we've had a dogdo season to have Genge and Toomua in the TOTS and I'd bet BoC,Kala and Veainu in the mix I'd say that's not too bad!
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Rugbyflanker wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 9:04 pm Considering we've had a dogdo season to have Genge and Toomua in the TOTS and I'd bet BoC,Kala and Veainu in the mix I'd say that's not too bad!
Surprised Kalamafoni wasn’t picked. Considering the stats he’s got for this season he deserved to be the 8. Same with Veainu, most defenders beaten whilst being injured for some of the season.

I guess BOC hasn’t played enough to really be considered. Although when fit is probably the best openside in the premiership.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Kalamafoni was never going to beat the likes of Simmonds and Ackermann unfortunately.