New Kit 2018-19

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JP14
Super User
Super User

New Kit 2018-19

Post by JP14 »

Still Kukri, a select group of senior forum members and fans have already chosen a design according to the Facebook Group. In my opinion, I would like to see two stars above the logo to represent the fact that we have won two Heineken Cups (although that might not reside well with Bakewell who wants to create a new culture) and also teams like Bath have international player’s jerseys have a flag on their jersey if they have been internationally capped; I’d like to see that with Tigers, don’t know how other people on here would feel about that though?
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Re: New Kit 2018-19

Post by Cagey Tiger »

IIRC we used to do that. And at one point we had 9 stars on the back for the number of league wins at that time. I quite liked that as well. Leinster had 3 stars on their jerseys yesterday. It would be easy to do as all the jerseys would be the same. The flags would need a bit more work as they would be specific to each player. Would the method they use to put the players name and number on work with a small flag?
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I'd love it if we had a special Champions Cup jersey again like the amazing Canterbury Black kit that we had.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

One thing I would like from the jerseys this year is that it would be great if the design went all the way round. That was the only quarrel I had with this year's kits.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

JP14 wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 8:01 am I'd love it if we had a special Champions Cup jersey again like the amazing Canterbury Black kit that we had.
I have one at home - alas it is Boris's actual match kit and at 3XL and covered in autographs, 4 sizes too big and too precious to Mrs G to wear. However it still looks BRILLIANT!
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Broad horizontal green red and white stripes with a white block for player number on the back.

Very light in colour so imagine change strip will be dark
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Mark62 wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 11:20 am Broad horizontal green red and white stripes with a white block for player number on the back.

Wait is that what you want it to be or what you know it to be?
chris111
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by chris111 »

JP14 wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 5:39 pm Still Kukri, a select group of senior forum members and fans have already chosen a design according to the Facebook Group. In my opinion, I would like to see two stars above the logo to represent the fact that we have won two Heineken Cups (although that might not reside well with Bakewell who wants to create a new culture) and also teams like Bath have international player’s jerseys have a flag on their jersey if they have been internationally capped; I’d like to see that with Tigers, don’t know how other people on here would feel about that though?
Personally I think this would be a terrible idea that reinforces the well-worn narrative that Tigers (and their fans) are arrogant.

I’d say this even if the triumphs acknowledged were in the recent past, but that fact that it’s approaching two decades since we won in Europe means it would be frankly cringeworthy. Just imagine turning up at Sarries with a couple of gold stars on the shirt and facing the inevitable (and justifiable) reposte about not needing a reminder of victories whilst you’re still winning in the present!

I’m maybe less bothered about the international caps thing - but even so would prefer that the Tigers shirt is prestigious enough by itself.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Mark62 wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 11:20 am Broad horizontal green red and white stripes with a white block for player number on the back.

Photo via a friend of a friend of a friend
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Can we not say stuff it & put letters on the back not numbers, still not sure why we were forced to get rid.
Can we not do what Celtic did for many years & just pay the fine over the kit?
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 5:17 pm Can we not say stuff it & put letters on the back not numbers, still not sure why we were forced to get rid.
Can we not do what Celtic did for many years & just pay the fine over the kit?
Letters replaced by numbers at the behest of tv companies to make it easier for viewers to follow.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

I'm sure it would be simple to issue a "A = 1..." chart for the dimmer viewer.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Old Hob wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 5:53 pm I'm sure it would be simple to issue a "A = 1..." chart for the dimmer viewer.
Just saying what I was told also remember that Bristol went the opposite way to Tigers, for example full back for Tigers was O, for Bristol it was A.

Also our number 8 wore G and openside wore H
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

It is just one of those things that eat away at the game, bit like squad numbers in football & cricket.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
jamiewilkinson

Post by jamiewilkinson »

I just want a traditional broad hooped shirt that in cooperates all the badges, logos and sponsors within the shirt design.
Do away with the horrendous transfers that struggle to last the season.