Danny Cipriani

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

newport tiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Danny Cipriani

Post by newport tiger »

Great to see Danny back in the England squad, he's been by far the best fly half for a few years now. He is capable of playing as an out 10 or with a 2nd receiver, he is far more consistent than "our George" and far more exciting than Faz throw in the fact that he can play fullback if required and you have the complete package. So why is it every time you read anything about him in the media it always refers to his discipline/misdemeanours? he has this really bad boy image without actually earning it. He once came out of a nightclub when he should have been in bed and its been well documented that he was only delivering tickets. I can't think of any other major issues unless dating a famous glamour model is a crime.

There are rumours that he may be playing his rugby in England next year and i for one would love to see him in a tigers shirt.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Re: Danny Cipriani

Post by ellis9 »

He won't be coming to Tigers. Gloucester is the club he is rumoured to be joining.
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Don't get too excited,I'll expect he plays more minutes at 15 than 10 in SA.
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

ellis9 wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 10:59 am He won't be coming to Tigers. Gloucester is the club he is rumoured to be joining.
Never say never.

Need another option at 10, and another option at 15.

2 birds, 1 stone, much stronger squad.
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Why would he leave Wasps for Gloucester?!
Soggypitch
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Soggypitch wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 11:58 am Why would he leave Wasps for Gloucester?!
Apparently, he had planned to head for pastures new across the Channel, but when Eddie came calling he was obliged to find another English club to continue to be eligible to play for England.
Semper in excretia
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

I can only see him signing a 1 year contract really, play in the RWC potentially then go to france for a massive 3 year pay day then maybe Japan for the veterans pay day.

Either way whilst currently playing better than ford, Ford long term makes more sense IMO.
Coops
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Coops »

Robespierre wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 12:20 pm
Soggypitch wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 11:58 am Why would he leave Wasps for Gloucester?!
Apparently, he had planned to head for pastures new across the Channel, but when Eddie came calling he was obliged to find another English club to continue to be eligible to play for England.

Also, I don't think it's a case of "why would be leave Wasps", more of that he wasn't wanted. They have signed AB FH Lima Sopoaga so were looking to change things up and perhaps cut some costs aswell.

He announced in February his intention to leave and as said above was probably looking to go abroad for a fat cheque until EJ came knocking. If EJ is serious about him playing for England post SA tour, then he either needs to have an agreement with EJ to go overseas (not likely to happen) or remain in the UK.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Coops wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 12:47 pm
Robespierre wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 12:20 pm

Also, I don't think it's a case of "why would be leave Wasps", more of that he wasn't wanted. They have signed AB FH Lima Sopoaga so were looking to change things up and perhaps cut some costs aswell.

He announced in February his intention to leave and as said above was probably looking to go abroad for a fat cheque until EJ came knocking. If EJ is serious about him playing for England post SA tour, then he either needs to have an agreement with EJ to go overseas (not likely to happen) or remain in the UK.
Don't think they're cutting costs rumours of a massive £500k a year deal.

https://www.odt.co.nz/sport/rugby/all-b ... wasps-deal

Cipriani and Eastmond heading out and being replaced by Sopoaga and Bedford's inside centre.

Cipriani rejected us previously because we wanted him to play 10 and 15, Glaws will hand him the 10 shirt if they can offload Owen Williams back to Wales. Glaws will have more cap to throw at him as well. No brainer for Cipriani.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Not sure where Williams would go unless Ospreys haven’t replaced Biggar.

Maybe a season back with Sale is possible after their attempt to sign Jackson was scuppered.

I know others have mentioned him playing 15 but has neither the pace over a long distance or is he defensively good enough.
I think Jones will have had to guarantee him at least one start at 10 in the summer for him to consider staying in England for a further year, the French will be throwing a lot of money at him .
Tiger93

Post by Tiger93 »

Would be shame for Cips to sign for a non-Champions Cup club.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Mark62 wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 1:14 pm Not sure where Williams would go unless Ospreys haven’t replaced Biggar.

Maybe a season back with Sale is possible after their attempt to sign Jackson was scuppered.

I know others have mentioned him playing 15 but has neither the pace over a long distance or is he defensively good enough.
I think Jones will have had to guarantee him at least one start at 10 in the summer for him to consider staying in England for a further year, the French will be throwing a lot of money at him .
Rumours are that the WRU would look to loan for next season through the Dragons (WRU part controlled and backed) and then sign him to a dual contract post RWC.

He's not getting much game time at Glaws so he'd be keen.
Tiger93 wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 1:33 pm Would be shame for Cips to sign for a non-Champions Cup club.
Don't Glaws qualify by virtue of their Amlin Cup Final Place (or whatever it's called now), don't ask me how they do but I thought they did.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Glaws are definitely in the champions cup next season
TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TomWeston »

Mark62 wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 1:14 pm Not sure where Williams would go unless Ospreys haven’t replaced Biggar.
I for one would have OW back at WR in a shot!
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Yes me too!