Danny Cipriani

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Re: Danny Cipriani

Post by jgriffin »

As a short-term signing it would make massive sense - we could offer a deal as he may well prefer to play in England for another year, or indeed get some actual rugby played, as opposed to festering at Rodney Parade or twiddling his thumbs on a central contract. I'd prefer to see him back long term as a 10/12, rotating with Toomua .
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Not just the nightclub... had a strop with Mike Catt because he didn’t make the final RWC cup squad, had a fight, fined by Melbourne Rebels for another nightclub incident, hit by a bus on a night out whilst at Sale in 2013 and was found guilty of drink-driving after crashing his car in 2016.

In my opinion, he cares more about his looks and having a good time than what club he plays for as long as they pay him handsomely. Not a good player to have around our squad
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Post by POSTIGER »

Would love to see him at WR. Brilliant player in my mind and I always think it's the maverick players who make the game worth watching.

Can't see it happening though. We couldn't have both Cips and Ford on big contracts in the same position.
I saw Marika Vunibaka play
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

POSTIGER wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 6:19 pm Would love to see him at WR. Brilliant player in my mind and I always think it's the maverick players who make the game worth watching.
...and, more than ever in the professional era, this is an entertainment business.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Post by POSTIGER »

strawclearer wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 6:26 pm
POSTIGER wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 6:19 pm Would love to see him at WR. Brilliant player in my mind and I always think it's the maverick players who make the game worth watching.
...and, more than ever in the professional era, this is an entertainment business.
Absolutely. He's a 'gets-bums-on-seats' kind of player and it's always good to have another one of those.
I saw Marika Vunibaka play
TigerS2
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerS2 »

Whoever signs Cipriani are very welcome to him. I hope it isn't us.
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

I'd take Cips over ford,Wasps backline is to be purred over at times,imo Europe's best team off first phase ball (queue entertaining rugby never wins comps blah blah blah) simple fact is Wasps backs with Chiefs pack imo is easily Europe's best team. Although Leinster would have something to say about that!
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

So playing devils advocate, as it's an entertainment business and it's all about what happens on the pitch, you'd be ok with Tigers signing Paddy Jackson?
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Rugbyflanker wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 7:23 pm I'd take Cips over ford,Wasps backline is to be purred over at times,imo Europe's best team off first phase ball (queue entertaining rugby never wins comps blah blah blah) simple fact is Wasps backs with Chiefs pack imo is easily Europe's best team. Although Leinster would have something to say about that!
Wasps have purred because their attacking patterns suit the players they have. We've played the same turgid :censored: game plan for most of the season playing off 9 and one out carries. We changed it against Sale and started playing off of 10 instead off of 9 suddenly Ford is putting runners through holes and the opposition defence is trying to get away from the breakdown quicker to support the midfield and Youngs is making breaks. It's just worrying that it took MOC most of the season to realise that's the best way to play with out halfbacks. I really hope we play like that next season.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

ellis9 wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 8:22 pm
So playing devils advocate, as it's an entertainment business and it's all about what happens on the pitch, you'd be ok with Tigers signing Paddy Jackson?
Bit of a non sequitur there, Ellis so, as I like to stay 'on topic', I'll refer you to my comments some time ago on another thread regarding Jackson. I was simply agreeing with Postiger that Cipriani could reasonably be described as 'box office'.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

strawclearer wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 8:33 pm
Bit of a non sequitur there, Ellis so, as I like to stay 'on topic', I'll refer you to my comments some time ago on another thread regarding Jackson. I was simply agreeing with Postiger that Cipriani could reasonably be described as 'box office'.
So is that a yes or no? :smt001
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

ellis9 wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 8:45 pm

:smt015
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

strawclearer wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 8:53 pm
ellis9 wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 8:45 pm
:smt015
????
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Rugbyflanker wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 7:23 pm I'd take Cips over ford,Wasps backline is to be purred over at times,imo Europe's best team off first phase ball (queue entertaining rugby never wins comps blah blah blah) simple fact is Wasps backs with Chiefs pack imo is easily Europe's best team. Although Leinster would have something to say about that!
I agree with you.
Cipriani fixes the line like very few, Toomua was doing it at 10 for Leicester.
Sexton does it for Leinster, wasn't MOC denied his talents whilst Sexton was away playing in France for Racing!
I'm not sure if England are good enough in midfield to get the most out of Cipriani!
Lozowski and Daly might have the potential to be over time but let's be honest, a 10/12/13 of Cipriani, Lozowski and Daly just isn't going to get that sort of opportunity!