Tour to SA

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Re: Tour to SA

Post by Tiglon »

Trinder definitely deserves a chance this summer if he stays fit, ridiculously talented player.
POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Post by POSTIGER »

Rykard wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 1:01 pm Think he should take saxons only and give the 1st string a rest, he needx yo see some other combinations

Totally agree. Those guys need a rest. Select a shadow squad and see what they can do. Pick as few of the 6Ns players as poss and give them a summer to refresh bodies and minds.
I saw Marika Vunibaka play
baz1664
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by baz1664 »

Surely BOC has to be in contention, England are crying out for a powerful 7 who can actually snipe turnovers.
Tiger93

Post by Tiger93 »

I would be shocked if O'Connor doesn't go. Genge will be leading loosehead. Id be appalled if Jones even thought about taking Cole, guy needs a rest. Spencer is in with a massive shout and probably should go on the basis that Lawes, Itoje and Kruis all shouldn't. If O'Connor doesn't then Evans should be mentioned. If Eddie is looking at Rhodes and Ross then Mike Williams jumps into the equation. Youngs and Ford should both go with Tuilagi (think hes ruled himself out though) and Jonny May.
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

BoC is the best EQ 7 there is but Eddie likes his 6.5,dont be surprised if our starting BR in SA is Shields,Robshaw,Vunipola. I also think he's nailed his colours to Underhills mast too once he's fit,me I'd be looking to convert Simmonds into an openside.
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

It's been announced we are bringing in an attack coach for SA,hooray! Ella? Vesty? A N Other?
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 12:10 pm Now the season is over and just the play offs to go, wonder what squad people think Jones should pick for the tour to SA.

Injuries permitting, hopefully he will pick some form players for once and rest some of the Lions from last year. For a 35-man squad I’d go with:

1. Genge, Marler, Hepburn
2. George, Cowan-Dickie, Taylor
3. Williams, Sinckler, Schonert
4. Launchbury, Isiekwe
5. Itoje, Spencer
6. Robshaw, Shields
7. Willis, O’Connor, Graham
8. Vunipola, Simmonds
9. Youngs, Robson
10. Ford, Cipriani
11. May, Woodburn
12. Farrell, Te’o
13. Daly, Trinder, Slade
14. Nowell, Wade
15. Brown, Woodward
you don't think Manu will be in there?
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Manu has ruled himself out
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

Rugbyflanker wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 12:18 pm Manu has ruled himself out
that will be a no then :)
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

I'm glad Manu won't be going. If I were England coach I wouldn't pick him anyway - he needs to prove he can stay fit before he's worth investing time in at international level.

BOC really does deserve an opportunity. It's not only his ability at the breakdown, he does well with ball in hand, good support lines and great hands too.

Mike Williams should be nowhere near the England squad. Although he put in a good shift against Sale, for me he was one of our worst performers during the losing run mid season.

Genge will surely get a big opportunity to stake his place as a regular in the England first XV.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Rugbyflanker wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 12:18 pm Manu has ruled himself out
Dont believe that he has ruled himself out....he doubts if he will get a call. If he were to get the call I am sure that he would take the opportunity.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I'm sure Manu would go to South Africa if called, he just doesn't expect to be called
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

JP14 wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 4:06 pm I'm sure Manu would go to South Africa if called, he just doesn't expect to be called
Rugbyflanker is correct. Manu has ruled himself out and advised Jones not to consider him for the tour.
This is good for Tigers as we do not want him injured by England, :smt023
Even Tigerbeat might like the DM article = http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyu ... -tour.html
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Eddie Jones says he’s monitoring Cipriani closely and says he’s in contention. I think that’s just to please Wasps fans, he said something similar last year but didn’t name Cipriani and Dai Young went on a strop. If he’s going to France, don’t even bother. And why can’t anyone get the fact that Wade and Cipriani are total d***heads and not everyone’s cup of tea?
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Marx ruled out of the series. Shame,superb player and for me worlds second best hooker behind an on form Dane Coles. Comebacks for BDP or Strauss?