Tour to SA

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ellis9
Super User
Super User

Re: Tour to SA

Post by ellis9 »

BigDan50 wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:43 am And your the font of all rugby knowledge Ellis
*You're

Yes am I am very knowledgable :smt023
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Rugbyflanker wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:10 am Daily Telegraph Rugby Refugees. It's a breakaway forum from when the Telegraph temporary suspended commenting. Very Chiefs centric, completely anti Tigers with a mix of posters from the AP,PRO whatever it is and a few Kiwis.
That's obviously why you like it then if it's anti Tigers. :smt023
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

BFG wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:57 am
ellis9 wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:29 am
BFG wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:38 am The comments on other sites are pretty laughable as hardly anyone has covered themselves in glory.
Youngs and Ford haven't played well in my opinion but what folk are failing to realise on both sides is that forward dominance is near impossible at international level as it's the very peak of human physical strength.
Something else is needed that has been lacking, a rugby brain, but unfortunately years of academy development has developed too many meat headed penalty machines!
England really need to get the ball off the park as much as possible to stand any chance, coached drills are England's best opportunity, if they try and play too much rugby they will lose again and given that Farrell seems to be a favourite then he probably fits the bill to start at 10.
England need some vision on the park though and Cipriani at 15 might be worth a decent run and they need some punch and pace in midfield from Lozowski.
Lack of a rugby brain? There's many people on here who have that issue!
I disagree as it's a very knowledgable place to learn about rugby if you are willing to consider others opinions.
I always consider opinions, even yours!
I wish England were still more a representative side, players like one of your favourites in Ford are very talented attacking players and that is what I want to see, but unfortunately the physical battle that is the Premiership has created a quite sterile England squad through the academies.
They have dug a hole and are struggling to find a way out, they won't play their way out as they aren't good enough and the less rugby they play the more chance they'll have of winning, very sad!
I didn't say it wasn't. I just said that there's many on here who don't have a rugby brain. They are the ones that need to learn from the knowledgeable ones.
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

I'm not anti Tigers,just don't wear the green,red and white tinted glasses all the time (stupid thumb thing) 😉
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

And theres a big difference between not having a rugby brain and disagreeing with the all mighty Ellis 😉
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Rugbyflanker wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:06 am And theres a big difference between not having a rugby brain and disagreeing with the all mighty Ellis 😉
Anyone can disagree with me. Everyone has their own opinions but I will stand up for mine and argue the case just as others can on here.
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

See the place is alright until you start posting again,funny that 😉
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Rugbyflanker wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:05 am I'm not anti Tigers,just don't wear the green,red and white tinted glasses all the time (stupid thumb thing) 😉
Oh and I use the stupid thumb thing as a moderator told me to use them. I think it softens the blow for those easily offended people. :smt023
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Rugbyflanker wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:13 am See the place is alright until you start posting again,funny that 😉
Why?
biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by biffer »

ellis9 wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:29 am
BFG wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:38 am The comments on other sites are pretty laughable as hardly anyone has covered themselves in glory.
Youngs and Ford haven't played well in my opinion but what folk are failing to realise on both sides is that forward dominance is near impossible at international level as it's the very peak of human physical strength.
Something else is needed that has been lacking, a rugby brain, but unfortunately years of academy development has developed too many meat headed penalty machines!
England really need to get the ball off the park as much as possible to stand any chance, coached drills are England's best opportunity, if they try and play too much rugby they will lose again and given that Farrell seems to be a favourite then he probably fits the bill to start at 10.
England need some vision on the park though and Cipriani at 15 might be worth a decent run and they need some punch and pace in midfield from Lozowski.
Lack of a rugby brain? There's many people on here who have that issue!
but none of them are getting paid to play rugby. Your comment has no relevance.
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Also think Jones made a massive error in axing Burrell from the squad in favour of Te’o. Whilst he’s not the best player, he’s got international experience and offers something different to the backs we have. A lump who can crash the ball off the 12 channel.
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Burrell? Not for me,did have a very good 6N once with 36 next to him but found out badly after that
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:07 pm Also think Jones made a massive error in axing Burrell from the squad in favour of Te’o. Whilst he’s not the best player, he’s got international experience and offers something different to the backs we have. A lump who can crash the ball off the 12 channel.
He did try Burrell to be fair, he just saw enough after 20 minutes against Australia
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

kpj tiger wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:28 pm
Leicestertinytiger wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:07 pm Also think Jones made a massive error in axing Burrell from the squad in favour of Te’o. Whilst he’s not the best player, he’s got international experience and offers something different to the backs we have. A lump who can crash the ball off the 12 channel.
He did try Burrell to be fair, he just saw enough after 20 minutes against Australia
Yeah but without someone like that we’re so limited with the backs. Granted Tuilagi would be the ideal crash ball merchant, but will we ever see him in an England shirt again?
teds
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by teds »

Slot, Barnes and Jones in the Times today present their squads for the final test.

Slot:
Marler, LCD, Williams
Launchbury, Itoje
(6) Shields, Hughes, Simmonds
Robson Cips
Farrell, Slade
Brown (11), Daly, May

Barnes:
Marler, LCD, Williams
Hill, Itoje
(6) Shields, Hughes, Curry
Robson, Cips