Tour to SA

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Coops
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Tour to SA

Post by Coops »

Think that's Dylan's days as both an England Captain and Player over.
WildGoose
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by WildGoose »

Got to be honest here, I'm really not sold on Te'o at all. By all accounts he was a world beater in Ireland, I really don't think that's been seen in a Wuss or England shirt. Maybe for a bit on the Lions tour, but even then, he never excelled in the Tests ...
JP14 wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 7:32 am Austin Healey is pretty confident this is going to be the starting backline for the 1st test
9 Youngs
10 Farrell
11 Daly
12 Te'o
13 Slade
14 May
15 Brown

Apart from Brown, no queries from that selection.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

WildGoose wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 11:47 am Got to be honest here, I'm really not sold on Te'o at all. By all accounts he was a world beater in Ireland, I really don't think that's been seen in a Wuss or England shirt. Maybe for a bit on the Lions tour, but even then, he never excelled in the Tests ...
JP14 wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 7:32 am Austin Healey is pretty confident this is going to be the starting backline for the 1st test
9 Youngs
10 Farrell
11 Daly
12 Te'o
13 Slade
14 May
15 Brown

Apart from Brown, no queries from that selection.
The biggest issue around Teo for me is that he is used wrong by England, they use him as a stand in for Manu and he can't match his power. The other issue is that he seems pretty lazy at times for England, I think this is caused by the fact he is pretty much guaranteed selection in the squad because the only eligible players that fit that power centre style at top level at all are him and Manu
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Beno Obano has suspected ligament damage in his knee and will return to his club for an assessment. Real shame, quality prop that his deserving of international recognition, even if it was only unofficial.

https://twitter.com/englandrugby/status ... 53152?s=21
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Both Vunipola brothers and Itoje absolutely smashing it for Saracens at the moment, whilst Hughes looks shattered and needs taking off only after 27 minutes!
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I have mentioned that Adriaan Strauss should get the call up, but I never realised that he’s actually retired from international rugby. But will he come out of retirement?
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Jack Willis looks to have suffered a nasty knee injury, could be out of the tour now, such a shame but....

Is this the chance for Ben Morgan to get the recall?

Edit: Or Armand? God forgot about him! 😂😂
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

JP14 wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 1:27 pm Jack Willis looks to have suffered a nasty knee injury, could be out of the tour now, such a shame but....

Ben Morgan???? Do you watch much rugby JP :smt003

He hasn't had any form for a good few years now doubt we will ever see him in the White of England again
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

JackFlashJonny wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 10:57 am
JP14 wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 1:27 pm Jack Willis looks to have suffered a nasty knee injury, could be out of the tour now, such a shame but....

He hasn't had any form for a good few years now doubt we will ever see him in the White of England again
I don't rate Morgan!
Number 8 will be Billy V or Nathan Hughes so it makes sense to sort the rest of the back row in my opinion.
My preferences for inclusion would be Guy Thompson and Dave Ewers.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

JackFlashJonny wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 10:57 am

Yes I do watch rugby and in my opinion Ben Morgan has improved considerably this season. I rate him very much, bigger than Simmonds and better in the tight as well, and currently is fitter than Hughes.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Anyone who can capitalise on Ewers' work (as did the over-rated TTTE) should be in the mix - whether BillyV or Simmonds.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Morgan is a very good player,a test match animal if you will, regardless of what his club form was at the time he grew into a giant when in the red rose, wouldn't let us down at all!
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Rugbyflanker wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 4:07 pm Morgan is a very good player,a test match animal if you will, regardless of what his club form was at the time he grew into a giant when in the red rose, wouldn't let us down at all!
:smt005
He is amongst the great puddings like Brookes and spotted dick!
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

You've obviously never watched him in an England shirt,hes hit some form too. I'd take him over Armand and Simmonds at 8 everyday and twice on a Sunday.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

BFG wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 4:21 pm
Rugbyflanker wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 4:07 pm Morgan is a very good player,a test match animal if you will, regardless of what his club form was at the time he grew into a giant when in the red rose, wouldn't let us down at all!
:smt005
He is amongst the great puddings like Brookes and spotted dick!
That could be perceived as a quite rude joke considering his weight, plus he's nothing like Brookes, Morgan is actually a decent bloke off the pitch and is loved by the shed.