Will Greenwood confirms my opinion of him

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

parkerd1968
Tiger Cub

Will Greenwood confirms my opinion of him

Post by parkerd1968 »

His team of the season doesn't include a single tTigers player. Now, I get that we've been pants for a lot of the season but I believe that a couple stood a chance - namely Genge and Veianu, who do get mentions - and I'm surprised neither got in. He picked Sales's 1 which surprised me, bearing in mind how ineffective he was yesterday (IMO).

I've thought for a while now that Greenwood has some kind of bitterness towards Leicester, going beyond honest criticism (of which we've had plenty!), and I realise team of the season is a subject open to a lot of discussion, but this time he's kicked my kennel!

:rolleyes:
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Re: Will Greenwood confirms my opinion of him

Post by TigerCam »

Only one person's entitled view that has the advantage of going to print. I don't know how many games he actually watches each season but as an international professional player, albeit retired, I bow to his knowledge. I do often wonder if these XVs put together are just a 'white-space' filler for the papaer?

Genge has been consistently good, even when coming back from injury it seemed he had played week in week out. I just love the way he uses facial expressions against his opponents, prime example was Aulika in yesterday's game. As long as he keeps his cool and his fists unclenched in adversity he will IMO inherit a 'Julian White' status in the game.
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

The lack of Trinder, Woodward & Polledri as well as the selection of Ross Harrison just completely undermines his selection
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TomWeston »

TigerCam wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 1:39 pm...

Genge has been consistently good, even when coming back from injury it seemed he had played week in week out. I just love the way he uses facial expressions against his opponents, prime example was Aulika in yesterday's game. As long as he keeps his cool and his fists unclenched in adversity he will IMO inherit a 'Julian White' status in the game.
Gengey's best look is that stone-faced contemptuous one. I've only looked at the recorded game once but it seemed to me that having seen what Ellis did to his teammates prior to his coming on, Aulika wouldn't even look Ellis directly in the face.

To me his biggest fault is that he is so competitive he gets suckered because he hasn't yet learned that with his clear strength he doesn't always need to win the hit he can often still generate forward momentum from a standing start.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Whoever he picks in his team, someone is going to tell him he's completely wrong. It's all a matter of opinion.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

This is my Team of the season:

1 Greg Bateman
2 Kyle Cooper
3 Jake Cooper-Woolley
4 Calum Green
5 Will Spencer
6 Jack Willis