Anglo no more Welsh Cup

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

BengalTiger

Re: Anglo no more Welsh Cup

Post by BengalTiger »

Tigerbeat wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 4:03 pm
BengalTiger wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 2:21 pm Yet more disincentive to sign English qualified players!

They should have made it a true development comp, limit players from the regular first team to those returning from injury, i.e those who have not played for 6 weeks, make it a minimum of 80%+ English qualified players and 60% academy players who have been with the club for over 12 months, teams that cannot fulfill these criteria lose point on a sliding scale, now that would show which teams are developing English talent and those that are shirking and just buying first team success without investing in the future.

Make participation compulsory for entry to the Premiership.

I should stop hoping for sense and foresight, we are talking about rugby administrators after all!
If you want to watch the development sides next year, there will be plenty opportunity. A 22 match league is introduced for A Teams next year.
I would like a comp that encourages / develops, English qualified players, not 2nd rate foreign bed blockers that populate many teams, Tigers included!