LEICESTER TIGERS 2018/19 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 1

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2018/19 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD PART 1

Post by kpj tiger »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:30 pm Looks like from LTTV some of the boys are back today for pre-season. Hopefully it won’t be long now until some new signings are anounced or are spotted in training. I imagine if Macken has signed he’ll be there for the start.
I think they were back on Monday, Tigers social media just hasn't made a song and dance of it like other clubs.

That said it is frustrating that we are expecting to have to use photo's of pre-season training to work out who's joining and who's left, what ever happened to Tigers publishing a list of leavers at the very least? :smt017
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

kpj tiger wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:23 pm
Leicestertinytiger wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:30 pm Looks like from LTTV some of the boys are back today for pre-season. Hopefully it won’t be long now until some new signings are anounced or are spotted in training. I imagine if Macken has signed he’ll be there for the start.
I think they were back on Monday, Tigers social media just hasn't made a song and dance of it like other clubs.

That said it is frustrating that we are expecting to have to use photo's of pre-season training to work out who's joining and who's left, what ever happened to Tigers publishing a list of leavers at the very least? :smt017
Perhaps the incomings and outcomings aren't finalised yet.

I imagine the first couple of days of pre season these days are very different to those of ten or so years ago. Instead of the mass fitness sessions it's probably a successive of meetings for each player so various physios, nutritionists, fitness coaches etc can perform various tests and compile individual diets and regimes to get that player ready for the start of the season. those that have looked after themselves probably get an easier ride for the first couple of weeks than those that have enjoyed the themselves (aka the fat squad)
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

I can only hope for one of those 'Blimey' moments as the returning players are seen and there's a big and welcome surprise
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

I think we already knew this about Michele Rizzo, but here's a link...

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/spor ... zo-1724624
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Looking at the pre-season picks.
Owen is fit (Great news)
Mike Williams is still with us (Great news)
Jonah Holmes is still with us (Great news, but pretty sure that rumour was always :censored:)
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Owen is the key for us this season I feel,very good player who can play 10,12,13. Ads great balance to our MF, please stay fit!
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Rugbyflanker wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:41 pm Owen is the key for us this season I feel,very good player who can play 10,12,13. Ads great balance to our MF, please stay fit!
I wouldn’t call a player who isn’t in our fully fit starting XV as being key for the season. He has a lot to prove fitness wise, given that whenever he started to get going last season he got injured.

However, looks good at both inside and outside centre. If the rumours are true, him and Macken make a decent second pairing. Whereas in previous seasons our centre cover after first choice was poor.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Need someone to apply pressure on the first team options and we need to learn to rotate the side more to keep everyone fresh. If he stays fit Owen can help with that.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

RagingBull wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:37 pm Looking at the pre-season picks.
Owen is fit (Great news)
Mike Williams is still with us (Great news)
Jonah Holmes is still with us (Great news, but pretty sure that rumour was always :censored:)
I hope Owen is fully fit? Really missed him last season going at full tilt.
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I glimpsed James Voss in the preseason training video released today on LTTV, so perhaps they aren’t sending him on out on loan?

In terms of the video, that Apsland-Robinson looks quick with some dancing feet, they were putting Dan Cole through his paces and I spotted F Tuilagi, C Thacker, Mahoney training with the senior squad however that might be just to fill the numbers (the U20s won’t come back till the England seniors return either).
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Spencer and Thompson were there too but no clips of them training just saw them in the wider shot. MOC no where to be seen, I didn’t recognise the guy talking to the players at the end? Is it Alex Martin the Ftiness and Conditioning Guy?

Also bad news people, Joe Ford is still here :smt022
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

JP14 wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:35 pm Spencer and Thompson were there too but no clips of them training just saw them in the wider shot. MOC no where to be seen, I didn’t recognise the guy talking to the players at the end? Is it Alex Martin the Ftiness and Conditioning Guy?

Think it's Alex Martin, him and Matt Parr (Former Prop) who are the main fitness guys.

Wish Tigers would invest in a HD camera.
JP14 wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:30 pm I spotted F Tuilagi, C Thacker, Mahoney training with the senior squad however that might be just to fill the numbers (the U20s won’t come back till the England seniors return either).
Development Squad players usually train with the senior all the time pretty much.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

RagingBull wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:03 pm
JP14 wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:35 pm Spencer and Thompson were there too but no clips of them training just saw them in the wider shot. MOC no where to be seen, I didn’t recognise the guy talking to the players at the end? Is it Alex Martin the Ftiness and Conditioning Guy?

Think it's Alex Martin, him and Matt Parr (Former Prop) who are the main fitness guys.

Wish Tigers would invest in a HD camera.
JP14 wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:30 pm I spotted F Tuilagi, C Thacker, Mahoney training with the senior squad however that might be just to fill the numbers (the U20s won’t come back till the England seniors return either).
Development Squad players usually train with the senior all the time pretty much.
"Usually all the time pretty much"

Well which one is it?! :smt017 :smt023
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Baumann has confirmed that he is leaving on Instagram, hurrah 😁😂!!
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

JP14 wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:25 am Baumann has confirmed that he is leaving on Instagram, hurrah 😁😂!!
Please can he take Traynor with him.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!