Next Season!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: Next Season!

Post by RagingBull »

Ian Cant wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:44 pm As for Mafi: I am pleased he isn’t coming as he didn’t do a lot in France last season and Williams is, in my opinion, a much better prospect and Hamilton a very good squad player.
Hamilton is going.
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

JP14 wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:20 pm Mafi isn’t coming now Leicestertinytiger :smt012!
Eurrghhh not the end of the world. But we could really do with another lock coming in who is class and can lift this pack. All the other places in the forwards have good players in them.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:13 pm
JP14 wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:20 pm Mafi isn’t coming now Leicestertinytiger :smt012!
Eurrghhh not the end of the world. But we could really do with another lock coming in who is class and can lift this pack. All the other places in the forwards have good players in them.
I'd like to see Mike Williams in the 2nd row, a back 5 of 4. Williams 5. Spencer 6. Kalamafoni 7. BOC 8. Denton would be pretty tasty, that said I could see them going with Kitch and Spencer with Williams on the bench covering 4/5/6
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Id always have Kitchener. Stick a lump next to him and let him concentrate on what he's good at. Thompson at 8 for me,Denton and Williams/Spence on bench.
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

Opinion will change when we are tearing up the opposition next year
I'm not cynical just experienced
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

I have always though that the first preseason match is a weird indicator of what is to come. Our first relatively poor season 2014-15 saw us at Trent Bridge playing pants with our seconds on display and the international injured wandering about. You could see the lack of coordination and motivation on display, which was a shock decline.I remember going to Melrose and wondering what was up with the team. This has been repeated over and over, regardless of coach. I have to ask will it be the same next season - I guess a visit to Cardiff might be an indicator.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Spencer was always lauded as a good lineout jumper and caller at Worcester. With him and Kitchener both playing in the pack, the line out should run smoothly next season.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

jgriffin wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:21 pm I have always though that the first preseason match is a weird indicator of what is to come. Our first relatively poor season 2014-15 saw us at Trent Bridge playing pants with our seconds on display and the international injured wandering about. You could see the lack of coordination and motivation on display, which was a shock decline.I remember going to Melrose and wondering what was up with the team. This has been repeated over and over, regardless of coach. I have to ask will it be the same next season - I guess a visit to Cardiff might be an indicator.
Yet our 1st preseason fixture last year vs Ospreys, our 2nd string side played really well vs their 2nd string side.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

JP14 wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:34 am
jgriffin wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:21 pm I have always though that the first preseason match is a weird indicator of what is to come. Our first relatively poor season 2014-15 saw us at Trent Bridge playing pants with our seconds on display and the international injured wandering about. You could see the lack of coordination and motivation on display, which was a shock decline.I remember going to Melrose and wondering what was up with the team. This has been repeated over and over, regardless of coach. I have to ask will it be the same next season - I guess a visit to Cardiff might be an indicator.
Yet our 1st preseason fixture last year vs Ospreys, our 2nd string side played really well vs their 2nd string side.
Yep, it has just seemed a striking feature in general, although I haven't been to all of them.....in 2010-12 the ones I watched were more intense and focused, which is the one strand of hope I hung on to with MOC being back. I'll probably go to Cardiff, as am away supping beer in the Station Hotel Whitby when we play Irish.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Trent Bridge? Did we play at the cricket ground?
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Here’s the interesting question for next season, say if we are playing the bottom-placed team (my bets on Worcester) and we select Toomua and Hardwick, who plays flyhalf and who plays 12? In my opinion, Toomua would play at 10 and Hardwick at 12. But what are other people’s thoughts on this?
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

JP14 wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:14 pm Here’s the interesting question for next season, say if we are playing the bottom-placed team (my bets on Worcester) and we select Toomua and Hardwick, who plays flyhalf and who plays 12? In my opinion, Toomua would play at 10 and Hardwick at 12. But what are other people’s thoughts on this?
To'omua at 10 deffo. So much time created, the mark of the great players.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Toomua at 10,he would be my full-time FH but let's not go there ay 😉
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Rugbyflanker wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:45 pm Toomua at 10,he would be my full-time FH but let's not go there ay 😉
You bringing it onto yourself there, if MOC goes on form (very big if) then Toomua might start 1st game of the season at flyhalf (depends on the fitness of Owen I suppose)
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Not a chance MoC goes on form,if Ford's fit regardless of how he's playing he will start.