Wasps win...We must win v Sale (or must we?)

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Wasps win...We must win v Sale (or must we?)

Post by markharbtiger »

Hoping for a Saints win today to help us, but they didn’t... :smt010
So, fighting for our place at Euro top table.
Really hoping Saracens don’t rest players next week (as they are likely to do) and lose to Glaws...if they do, and Sale win with a bonus point we’re seventh :smt009. Simply put, got to win against Sale...
Last edited by markharbtiger on Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Wasps win...We must win v Sale

Post by Rugbyflanker »

No we don't,we only need an LBP and that's if Sale even get get a TBP. A 5-1 or 4-0 loss and they can only finish level on points and we qualify through more wins. Surely even MOC cant screw this up!
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

Rugbyflanker wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:18 pm No we don't,we only need an LBP. Even if Sale get a TBP they can only finish level on points and we qualify through more wins. Surely even MOC cant screw this up!
I realise that...but frankly my nerves can’t stand a game which comes down to a TBP or LBP (or not)...far better to go for the win! :smt001
(And I am not answering your final question)
Last edited by markharbtiger on Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Nor mine! It's a dangerous game to play too,permutations must be forgot and we have to go for the win. Then once the season ends the coaching staff need to be looked at with only Stanko and Bakewell who should be safe!
Bristol Tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Bristol Tiger »

Rugbyflanker wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:24 pm Nor mine! It's a dangerous game to play too,permutations must be forgot and we have to go for the win. Then once the season ends the coaching staff need to be looked at with only Stanko and Bakewell who should be safe!
:smt023 totally agree (on all points)
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

Yes, I think that was what I was trying to say!
Though perversely tbh a finish in 7th place might just be the wake-up call that is needed...
Last edited by markharbtiger on Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rdracup
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by rdracup »

Also Glaws have 2 routes to Champions cup, and away win at Sarries or beating Cardiff the following week.

They will rest players for the Sarries game and go for broke in Bilbao.

That said Sarries a cemented into 2nd so they could rest some too. At least it is in our own hands... so that is good,. surely we can trust MOC’s management and that Tigers team character and resilience that has been in so much evidence in the last 2 games.... or maybe not.
Incidentally if Glaws win challenge cup and qualify in via the league it will be Cardiff as losing finalists who take the 20th place in the Champions Cup (I think). 7th won’t be enough.
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Yes Gloc are already qualified whatever happens so will target the final.
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

rdracup wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:33 pm Also Glaws have 2 routes to Champions cup, and away win at Sarries or beating Cardiff the following week.

They will rest players for the Sarries game and go for broke in Bilbao.

That said Sarries a cemented into 2nd so they could rest some too. At least it is in our own hands... so that is good,. surely we can trust MOC’s management and that Tigers team character and resilience that has been in so much evidence in the last 2 games.... or maybe not.
Incidentally if Glaws win challenge cup and qualify in via the league it will be Cardiff as losing finalists who take the 20th place in the Champions Cup (I think). 7th won’t be enough.
Gosh. Really? I don’t want to think about that (yet). Here’s hoping there is a bit of a team selection change for Sale, but I somehow doubt it. Not sure where we are with those who seemed to go off for injuries in the last game. Toomua is the most worrisome...
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Here's a teaser. Would folk take a year in the CC if it was guaranteed MOC would be binned? I know I would!
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Rugbyflanker wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:42 pm Here's a teaser. Would folk take a year in the CC if it was guaranteed MOC would be binned? I know I would!
Yes, only if a suitable replacement who has no previous Tigers experience will do though. Look what happened to Quins with their home-grown coaches (except Graham obviously)...
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
rdracup
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by rdracup »

Actually I think Cardiff are already qualified and as noted Glaws are qualified as well since losing finalist if not already qualified takes 20th place. And so it maybe Pau who go through as losing semi finalist not already qualified, but they could qualify via T14 6th place finish (7th at the moment with 1 to play), so then 7th place maybe enough, if Glaws get into 6th place and win Challenge cup. Byzantine rules I think and I am not sure I have it right now
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Yes,the Tigers way is killing us. I foresaw what would happen this season and tbh it wasn't hard. I said the inbreeding would eventually catch up with us and boy hasn't it?!
markharbtiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by markharbtiger »

Don’t know about MOC. I don’t want rugby starting to resemble the round ball game with turfing out managers every 5 mins. But I do agree we need to look for candidates who aren’t home grown, though the record of such folk at Tigers hasn’t been good, has it?
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Rugbyflanker wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:48 pm Yes,the Tigers way is killing us. I foresaw what would happen this season and tbh it wasn't hard. I said the inbreeding would eventually catch up with us and boy hasn't it?!
Huh? We have tried to play a different style and that has been our downfall. It's the Tigers way which we need back!