Attitude next season!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Attitude next season!

Post by Ian Cant »

Being a Leicester lad, having supported Tigers for 50 years, I want all our teams to play. The last two games have hurt and I have had to remind myself of the good wins away I have seen. What is a real issue is that apart from the Academy side( well done lads) Tigers seem to have accepted it is ok to lose. I became worried about Saints after seeing how they embarrassed our second team. For some reason Tigers have used some students to make up the team: why? Players like Cilliers, Wells and others need game time. We all remember Pat Howard insisting he need two teams available, playing with pride, passion and skill to compete and he nearly got us the treble! Though the game has moved on, Pat’s ethos, like Deano, Wellsy ( listen to Tom Youngs’ post match interview) was to get every member believing to even to lose the toss was awful!
If we need a model to follow away from Rugby then look at what Rob Paternostro has done with riders: every team, including the women’s has been set up to win trophies. The trophies on display the other night was brilliant. Listening to all the different coaches was truly inspiring: all on the same song sheet.
Hopefully straight after the Sale game, the BOD, coaches, players, office staff etc have a collective meeting and put a strategy in place for the next season and beyond. It needs to be honest and no one buying into, goes. Those old enough to remember when we had Deano, The Press had a great photo of the whole club, cleaners, kit person, shop staff, players,etc all together. I will just about keep the faith and travel to Sale to do all I can, cheer( and yes, moan if we don’t improve our basic skills).
Time to move on!
JP14
Super User
Super User

Re: Attitude next season!

Post by JP14 »

shhhhh, don't complain about the Loughborough deal; that's my way into the Tigers in a few years time! :smt030 :smt023
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Re: Attitude next season!

Post by sapajo »

Tigers have become to comfortable losing and an indicator of that fact is our pathetic 2 defeats to Saints this season. Once a team loses that overwhelming burning hunger to win at all costs as has been evident over recent seasons, its going to take a gargantuan shift in attitude for Tigers to ever get to a premiership final again. I do not know of anyone currently employed at the club that has the necessary gravitas and leadership skills to bring about this quantum leap. :smt010
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity