Tigers v Newcastle Falcons

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Tigers v Newcastle Falcons

Post by Rugbyflanker »

I'll be tee carrier,id get it on quick enough ;)
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Good point. I hope everyone is totally focussed for this, including us fans.Not getting the tee on quickly with the clock running down summed up the afternoon v Saints: total complacency. Deano will have his whole squad and coaches pumped up for this. They may play a similar game to Saints but hopefully O’Connor will play and make Toomua captain and give him licence to run the game according to what’s happening in front of the team. It is our home form that has really hurt us this season!
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

I'm looking (again!) for a massive game from Ford. I wat to see him run the show Friday night,i wanna see what all the fuss is about. Time for him to step up!
Tomvarndell
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Tomvarndell »

George Ford's running game or lack of it as been a real diassapointment to me this season. I remember when we first lost him to Bath I'd loved his ability to make breaks and play what he saw. He'd not been at Bath long and scored a magic try from about 40yards and I thought how much we'd miss that type of play from our own 10. I can't believe he still doesn't possess this in his game but I'd so like to see it. I had him down as a 5 or 6 tries a season fly half if playing for a decent team. Well I was wrong for this season.
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

He's scored 1 try in the whole of his Tigers career,incredibly poor for an international FH!
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Dan Cole has scored more than that :smt017 😂
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

I don't want to sound like a one man crusade,my posts are always about the player never the man,but he's just an incredibly overrated player. I hear arguments against all the time but never actually why he isn't! If someone actually breaks it down why he isn't I will go and sit in the corner gladly
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Maybe another former Tiger, Toby Flood, could be in the Newcastle squad? It was a pity that he went to Toulouse where he never played regularly due mainly, I believe, to the narrow vision of backs coach Jean-Baptiste Elissalde, who was eventually sacked. I’d like to be there on Friday evening but will be watching the match on t’internet.
Last edited by Robespierre on Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Semper in excretia
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Robespierre wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:30 pm Maybe another former Tiger, Toby Flood, could be in the Newcastle squad? It was a pity that he went to Toulouse where he never played regularly due mainly, I believe, to the narrow vision of Jean-Baptiste Elissalde, who was eventually sacked. I’d like to be there on Friday evening but will be watching the match on t’internet.
Had a wrist brace on at Gloucester last week so unsure of his fitness
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Rugbyflanker wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:53 pm I'm looking (again!) for a massive game from Ford. I wat to see him run the show Friday night,i wanna see what all the fuss is about. Time for him to step up!
Time for everybody to step up after last weeks performance. It is after all, a team game. :smt023 :smt001
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

I'm beginning to get rather fed up (putting it politely) with the digs at George Ford and his "shortcomings".
Defences in the Premiership are becoming tighter and tighter to break down and no one player is going to be able to find the key to get past them. Tigers have had a mixed season and have shown signs of improvement of late, but still lack consistency and some so called supporters must recognise this and be patient.
Let's not be surprised if Tigers don't make the top 4 and be pleased if they qualify for top flight European rugby next season.
Semper in excretia
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Robespierre wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:03 pm I'm beginning to get rather fed up (putting it politely) with the digs at George Ford and his "shortcomings".
Defences in the Premiership are becoming tighter and tighter to break down and no one player is going to be able to find the key to get past them. Tigers have had a mixed season and have shown signs of improvement of late, but still lack consistency and some so called supporters must recognise this and be patient.
Let's not be surprised if Tigers don't make the top 4 and be pleased if they qualify for top flight European rugby next season.
I like what you've said apart from the last paragraph. :smt003 I won't be pleased if we finish 5th or below. The fact that we are good enough to finish in the top 4 and it's pretty much in our own hands, unless Gloucester get 10 points from their last two matches, I'd be disappointed to not be in the play offs after 22 games. :smt023
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Mark62 wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:36 pm
Robespierre wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:30 pm Maybe another former Tiger, Toby Flood, could be in the Newcastle squad? It was a pity that he went to Toulouse where he never played regularly due mainly, I believe, to the narrow vision of Jean-Baptiste Elissalde, who was eventually sacked. I’d like to be there on Friday evening but will be watching the match on t’internet.
Had a wrist brace on at Gloucester last week so unsure of his fitness
Toby said that he would not be available until the play offs or European final.....so will not be playing tomorrow. Broken hand was the problem.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

I'm getting fed up of the poor performances of a so called international player!
Edit: ok poor is a tad strong,mixed at best but certainly not dominant,bossing games or consistent!
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Rugbyflanker wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:39 pm I'm getting fed up of the poor performances of a so called international player!
Edit: ok poor is a tad strong,mixed at best but certainly not dominant,bossing games or consistent!
I agree he hasn't been at his best but he is still a better player than Burns. :smt023