Tigers v Newcastle Falcons

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Mo Leicester

Re: Tigers v Newcastle Falcons

Post by Mo Leicester »

When is the last time we put out a team that we could say “that’s our best team” with no injuries to first choice players?

No excuses now!!
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Mo Leicester wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:51 am When is the last time we put out a team that we could say “that’s our best team” with no injuries to first choice players?

No excuses now!!
Doesn't bear thinking about does it. So let's not.
:smt040 :smt032 :smt030
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

Its been said--- Knock out rugby......
Its been said----Best team on paper....
Its been said----players returning from injury....
Its been said----we need to be at our very best.....
Its been said ---we've put in a good deal in training for this game....
Its been said----we need to play to our potential.....

Please just win it and every game left of this season.I have my seat booked and will be watching through splayed fingers.
Unlike previous seasons I believe we could beat any team away from home--- if we make 4rth...
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Agree with some that BOC is one of our most important players. Whenever he plays, we play better as a team and that is no coincidence. In my mind the best openside in the premiership, no doubt.

Sadly he has always been slightly injury prone. If he was a bit more durable I’d have him as captain.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:09 am Agree with some that BOC is one of our most important players. Whenever he plays, we play better as a team and that is no coincidence. In my mind the best openside in the premiership, no doubt.

Sadly he has always been slightly injury prone. If he was a bit more durable I’d have him as captain.
I look at BO'C and Will Evans in much the same way as I saw Castro and Cole or Marcos and Genge. I think we have the best 7 in the Premiership - and the guy who will take over that mantle. Keeping both is always the tricky part.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

strawclearer wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:13 am
Leicestertinytiger wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:09 am Agree with some that BOC is one of our most important players. Whenever he plays, we play better as a team and that is no coincidence. In my mind the best openside in the premiership, no doubt.

I look at BO'C and Will Evans in much the same way as I saw Castro and Cole or Marcos and Genge. I think we have the best 7 in the Premiership - and the guy who will take over that mantle. Keeping both is always the tricky part.
The way BOC destroyed Sarries at the breakdown was brilliant 11 turnovers I believe? Just need a repeat performance against the Falcons especially against Gray who is a handful.
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Wondering what effect the weather will have on the game tonight and whether it benefits either team?
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Poor weather definitely suits is imo,id take us in an arm wrestle every day
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

ourla wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:52 am Wondering what effect the weather will have on the game tonight and whether it benefits either team?
It needs the Tiger's back 5 to up the anti to make the metres and make them tell. Carry, contain, carry :smt027 :smt027. Both 10s' will be targeted. Hodgson's 'get-out-of-jail' card, last game was really good kicking 'out-of-hand' other than that he had gone walkabout due to the pressure.
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

I think the fact that we will absolutely have to win will help us too,Newcastle know that fourth is still on even with a loss and that might be in the back of the players minds.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

If I remember correctly, Newcastle have a big heavy pack, can ours match them and win enough set piece ball?
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Doubt BOC got 11 turnovers,Sarries more than likely turned the ball over 11 times. Still doesn't take away from him being the AP best 7 though. As regards to Newcastle's pack,i don't recall them having a dominant set piece,they use theres as Wasps do afaicr. Great back row though!
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

In the scrum I would expect Tigers to be comfortably on top. In the lineout... who knows, but it could be the opposite.

A bit of rain and lots of handling errors should play in our favour.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I’m sorry to be gloomy but I’ve got a worrying suspicion that Calum Green will absolutely destroy us in the lineout. :smt012 So, let’s hope we take the 3 at every opportunity
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

JP14 wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:35 pm I’m sorry to be gloomy but I’ve got a worrying suspicion that Calum Green will absolutely destroy us in the lineout. :smt012 So, let’s hope we take the 3 at every opportunity
I would be worried if we haven’t been practicing keeping the ball away from Green in the lineout, we have plenty of options.