Tigers v Newcastle Falcons

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

LE18
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Newcastle Falcons

Post by LE18 »

DeadlyDunc wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:44 pm Toomua goes off and defensively we go to pot. Not entirely sure it was the best decision to change the props either.

Easy to criticise after the event of course and the ref was “interesting” in his interpretation of various laws throughout the game.
I dont think he reffed the scrum correctly, their tight head was always stepping back, Genge over reacted each time so got on refs back!
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Gopperth called it right, we stopped playing when 10 points up. No idea why. Falcons got away with murder at the breakdown, getting in the way, holding on just enough to slow the ball down etc. That said, we didn’t deserve Top 4 over the whole season. Newcastle could win the whole thing I reckon.
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Congrats Newcastle,good luck!! MOC out,ive got to support Chiefs tomorrow,ive got the bleach and wire brush ready for after.
DeadlyDunc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DeadlyDunc »

Did anyone hear on BT what Deano said they’d worked on targeting as our defensive weakness?

Before everyone says “everything” he mentioned something specific but I missed it
Smudge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Smudge »

The ref clearly blew his whistle before the second attempt at a try so for me, it wasn't a try..
The sharp eyed blokes in the truck disallowed our breakaway try and were then useless at the end.
They did ask Pearce if he blew and he said he didn't remember if he had or hadn't so gave the try.
So why didn't they run the tape again with the sound up?
A draw would have been a fair result.
I have to say I was a bit annoyed at the attitude of some players at the end who were having a laugh.
I don't believe loosing at home in a vital game is a cause for levity. The shirt should mean more than that.

Niki was brilliant tonight but then he always was for us. If RC can be blamed for any one thing (and for me there were many) it
is letting this jewel leave the club. Sometimes they come back to bite you and he certainly did.
A life long Tiger
Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Spicer »

We threw it away. Bottled it.

Why does MOC insist on bringing Wells on with 2 minutes left every :censored: match? What is the point, do it earlier.
ancientmariner

Post by ancientmariner »

Fortress Welford Road ?? More like a millstone.
Ancient Mariner
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Pearce asks "Try - yes or no" and then awards it by saying ""I can't see any reason not to award the try". What??? He should be censured for that performance - not least because it gives the Tigers BoD an excuse not to sack O'Connor.

That was our best XV at home with the opposition losing their 3 and 10 and with everything to play for.

O'Connor should bust a gut to get us Top 6 with a win at Sale - then he should be sacked.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Post by POSTIGER »

:smt013
strawclearer wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:32 pm Pearce asks "Try - yes or no" and then awards it by saying ""I can't see any reason not to award the try". What??? He should be censured for that performance.
100% agree. That's what infuriated me too. He said he blew the whistle simultaneously too which he didn't, it was a second before.

That said Newcastle deserved it IMHO
I saw Marika Vunibaka play
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Home now and still in shock. I will not blame the ref. We stopped playing when we went 10 points up, just didn't look after the ball.

That said it was a great game (for Newcastle fans and neutrals!!), we have to win next week to get in top 6.

If we don't MOC should do the honourable thing, if he won't he should be unceremoniously sacked.

We just lost two crucial games at home!!! Fortress Welford Rd, err that phrase has become a joke. The incredibly loyal fans deserve better.
Soggypitch
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

MIC will be here for the duration of his contract the board have hung themselves on him and will not sack him whatever the results. Their incompetent pride remains the block to our return to the to full health and it's a slow painful death for the club and us supporters .
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Don't think sacking MOC will solve anything, Recruitment has been a major issue and he isn't in charge of that.
It's the top of the tree that needs looking at.
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

RagingBull wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:02 pm Don't think sacking MOC will solve anything, Recruitment has been a major issue and he isn't in charge of that.
It's the top of the tree that needs looking at.
Tonight's defeat was down to a reffing/ TMO decision I am afraid only 2 words spring to mind incompetence or corrupt.........the whistle had clearly gone before the dive that the TMO had said was offside

What I would like to know is the sanction that will be handed out to the officials? They have cost us a semi-final, revenue and most unlikely a title.

I really do sympathise with a ref and if he was on his own I would accept it, but surely the TMO only had to replay it with sound?
Rant over :smt012
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

Not seen TMO yet so can’t comment.

What really pleased me tonight was the way Tigers managed Goneva. From the very start we really kept him out of the game. Of course one would have expected no less given we had years of inside knowledge of his game due to the time he spent at our club.

And to think 3 years ago we released him to sign the mercurial JPP Peterson. You’ve got to totally applaud all who made that happen.
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

Not seen TMO yet so can’t comment.

What really pleased me tonight was the way Tigers managed Goneva. From the very start we really kept him out of the game. Of course one would have expected no less given we had years of inside knowledge of his game due to the time he spent at our club.

And to think 3 years ago we released him to sign the mercurial JPP Peterson. You’ve got to totally applaud all who made that happen.