Rob Horne forced to retire

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Re: Rob Horne forced to retire

Post by trendylfj »

Absolutely terrible news - I echo everything said previously and hope that we do something as a group of fans next Friday,
Hehehehehehehehe
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

You have also got to feel for Sione Kalamafoni, he must feel heartbroken right now. I hope someone has gone to him as well too. 👍😢
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

trendylfj wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:35 pm Absolutely terrible news - I echo everything said previously and hope that we do something as a group of fans next Friday,
Why should we do something?? Yes it’s tragic and th injury occurred against Tigers, but there are an increasing number of players that are having their careers cut short by injury.
Isn’t that what insurance policies and the RPA are for ??
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Rob Horne has no feeling in his right arm and that is a life changing impact on what he can do in the future. This is slightly different to a player being forced to retire due to injury and maintain a regular lifestyle .
He will need some support and some modifications to help him try to get as normal as life as possible.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Tigerbeat wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:43 pm Rob Horne has no feeling in his right arm and that is a life changing impact on what he can do in the future. This is slightly different to a player being forced to retire due to injury and maintain a regular lifestyle .
He will need some support and some modifications to help him try to get as normal as life as possible.
I don’t doubt that and I see Hambo has already tweeted his offer of help.

I repeat again surely that is what the RPA and insurance is for.
I’m sorry if this sound callous, I have every sympathy for the situation but don’t see the need for Tigers supporters to do something
TigerAwood

Post by TigerAwood »

Slightly different I know but "The Rugby Family." Helped and continue to help Matt in his hour of need. Let's hope that all Premier Clubs can assist in however a small way to the unfortunate player
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

One seemly innocuous mistimed tackle and his career is over and life changed forever.

It is a fine line players tread be they professionals or amateur. Sometimes I think I was lucky to recognise I was too small to continue playing prop and other sports that I was better at took over.