Logo

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerAwood

Re: Logo

Post by TigerAwood »

Does anyone actually know how much was offered by Tigers? Bearing in mind the injuries etc Suppose the max offered was £100k then the extra £50k is well worth taking. Everyone assumes that he was already on £400k and new contract would be at the same rate. Some may not be aware that Businesses don't work like that. Do we all assume when Manu''s contract is up for renewal it will be on the same basis. Value for money Me thinks
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Logo

Post by wormus »

I would like to thank Mulipola for his service to Tigers, I remember him when he first came playing in the A league on cold Monday nights and thinking as he charged through the opposition - there is a name for the future! So we have had the best years out of him at 31 and a bench player probably unable to last the full 80 minutes and more yardage of bandages each year.
So he is off to the Tigers Seconds @ Newcastle and I do wish him well. However thinking of all the past Tigers players who have decided that the grass /or plastic on the other side is better only to succumb to career ending decisions with teams that do not appear to have the patience and after injury care that Tigers have proven.
I hope I'am wrong with Logo's knees but many ex Tigers retired soon after departure-
Dan Hipkiss >Bath retired May 2013, Lewis Moody > Bath retired March 2012, Scott Bemand >Bath retired 2010, Ben Herring retired Jan 2009, Craig Newby retired 2012, Niall Morris >Leinster retired 2016, etc.
Yes the playing career can be short as our Anthony Allen & Richard Blaze know but keeping within the salary cap is a skill of bringing in the young players, filling gaps with proven players and team retention so although i will miss Logo on the field but his steam rollering days are behind him. So enjoy. :smt038