Logo

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Logo

Post by Rugbyflanker »

So he completely changes the game where the gulf in class was shown?? Should he really be praised for that then? ;)
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Rugbyflanker wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:57 am So he completely changes the game where the gulf in class was shown?? Should he really be praised for that then? ;)
Seeing is believing, in about ten minutes he changed a loss into a win, just with a bit of scrummaging.
Take my word for it or don't, it really doesn't matter to me, but IMO fit and playing this guy is one of a few select props in world rugby.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

At least there will be a different winner in the early morning boxing matches. He will be missed.
Hehehehehehehehe
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

You misunderstood me BFG,if it's such a gulf in class why the praise?!

Edit: one of a select world class prop?? No,just no. Not now anyway
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Rugbyflanker wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:09 am You misunderstood me BFG,if it's such a gulf in class why the praise?!

Edit: one of a select world class prop?? No,just no. Not now anyway
Have another read, I didn't give praise for it but simply said that he highlighted the massive gulf.
It's all about opinions, world class or not Falcons front row just got stronger.
We shall see soon enough.
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

I hope he proves me wrong,he was a superb player. I just think the injuries have done for him.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Rugbyflanker wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:22 am I hope he proves me wrong,he was a superb player. I just think the injuries have done for him.
I understand that view and that's fair enough.
The same could and has been said of many a player that has suffered with injury.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

strawclearer wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:35 am Wish him good fortune, of course, but if the news was reversed and we were signing this 31 year old prop who plays both sides of the scrum - I'd be quite excited!

Given that this is announced today, it suggests that the deal would have been signed off a while ago. Perhaps some of the recent "we're doing all we can to keep him" statements were a little disingenuous?

*Update*

It would seem Fissler shares my concern...

"It’s a shame that local media in particular who lap up the lies don’t do more to challenge them. Two days ago this was denied by Matt O'Connor yet he knew it was done two weeks ago when I did!"
Fssler is talking out of his :censored: he linked Logo to a French team two weeks ago.
Big difference between Talking with and done.
Flash

Post by Flash »

His replacement has big flip flops to fill!
iceman_19
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by iceman_19 »

The key question is will he be moving up north with the family?

I'd have hoped that we'd have signed up those twin boys he had with Castro's sister on contracts already but otherwise it would be good to keep them on the Academy radar for 13 years time or so!

I seem to recall that Cockers was actually in the delivery room with a pen and paper.
Tigers till I die

www.ruckedover.blogspot.com
Flash

Post by Flash »

strawclearer wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:35 am Wish him good fortune, of course, but if the news was reversed and we were signing this 31 year old prop who plays both sides of the scrum - I'd be quite excited!

Given that this is announced today, it suggests that the deal would have been signed off a while ago. Perhaps some of the recent "we're doing all we can to keep him" statements were a little disingenuous?

*Update*

It would seem Fissler shares my concern...

"It’s a shame that local media in particular who lap up the lies don’t do more to challenge them. Two days ago this was denied by Matt O'Connor yet he knew it was done two weeks ago when I did!"
I'd hazard a guess that it's down to MOC's media ability, he was asked a question and was probably limited about what he could or could not say bit had to give an answer.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

It's always said to see a player who has been played well for us for a period of time leave the club, especially nice guys who have a good rapport with the club. But these relationships, journeys, call it what you will, all have a certain lifespan. Too much squad churn is not good, as is too little. I am sure it will give Logo a new lease of life in the twilight of his career. And hopefully we've got a plan for replacing him.
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

I believe negotiations were still going on as recently as last weekend. I hear that logo is getting 50k more from Falcons than Tigers were prepared to offer. It could be that Tigers felt that about a quarter of a million quid was too high a percentage of the salary cap for a 31 year old second choice prop with dodgy knees. I really rate Logo but he cannot do eighty minutes and the bench player has to take over and play all the remaining match even if starting guy is injured in the first couple of minutes. I am sorry he has gone but everyone has his price, as said on many threads we will judge the management team on their use of the cap and results next season. I expect to hear of more outgoing and incoming, next years earl results will be interesting!
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Phil Sandford on Twitter saying it wasn’t signed ‘til this week and Tigers WERE trying to keep him.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

johnthegriff wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:13 pm I hear that logo is getting 50k more from Falcons than Tigers were prepared to offer.
It's nearly £400 per week after tax - one can understand the attraction!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives