Sack Mark Bakewell

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

dunc
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Sack Mark Bakewell

Post by dunc »

Forwards were a shambles today. Bakewell has to go.
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Sack Mark Bakewell

Post by Rugbyflanker »

A big MOC fan?
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

More like we need to sack dead wood instead of breeding it.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

this is a joke right? If it isn’t, the fans on here need to go back to football
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

I'm pretty sure this was tongue in cheek TBF.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

I guess there will be a lot of red on the performance sheets come Monday?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

TigerCam wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:04 pm I guess there will be a lot of red on the performance sheets come Monday?
You bet I want the coaches to absolutely rip into the players on Monday
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

JP14 wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:04 pm
TigerCam wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:04 pm I guess there will be a lot of red on the performance sheets come Monday?
You bet I want the coaches to absolutely rip into the players on Monday
They should have done that at half time (and the mirror).
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

Players at fault - however coaches should have seen the signs and acted earlier. At the start of the season you could get away with allowing players time to bed into a game and play themselves into form. At this critical time of the season changes need to be made sooner. - Coaches therefore are to blame for allowing the fiasco to continue.

When No.10 fails -who have we got in reserve to impact???? therfore the fiasco continues....
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

The rich vein of form Shazam had was nullified by the tactics (the MOC of old, I'm afraid), which weren't changed despite failure. Refusal to play Hamilton at 6 and Evans (or BOC if fit) at 7 let Gibson have free rein all game (assisted by a supine ref IMO). How many turnovers? And the lineout failure was appalling and seals TPN as #1 call as OTY had a shocker all round, as IMO did Ford.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

jgriffin wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:52 am The rich vein of form Shazam had was nullified by the tactics (the MOC of old, I'm afraid), which weren't changed despite failure. Refusal to play Hamilton at 6 and Evans (or BOC if fit) at 7 let Gibson have free rein all game (assisted by a supine ref IMO). How many turnovers? And the lineout failure was appalling and seals TPN as #1 call as OTY had a shocker all round, as IMO did Ford.
As always, people blame the hooker when the lineout goes wrong. For some reason I watched some of the game back when I got home and Ben Kay explained really well why the lineout didn't function. It was the whole line out that went wrong, not just Youngs throwing. He said that if a lifter moves slightly too early, the other people in the lineout all move too early so that's what messes it up, not the throw.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

RagingBull wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:04 pm I'm pretty sure this was tongue in cheek TBF.
Me too. As soon as I saw the title of the thread, I burst out laughing. I suspect a dig in the ribs to those who, in the past, have called for a coach to be sacked after one bad game or a player to be got rid of after a poor game. After multiple games is fair enough, but one...
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Players were at fault yesterday they were given the tools by the coaches and a lack of accuracy cost at least 4 try’s.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Mark62 wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:43 pm Players were at fault yesterday they were given the tools by the coaches and a lack of accuracy cost at least 4 try’s.
i
It was sad to note that one of our 10s who could change a game using heads-up thinking was in the commentary team - Flood. I have never seen Ford do this. It was needed yesterday, as was a tough captain who would say 'this isn't working, we'll do this, want A off and B on."
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

George Chuter said the same as Ben Kay a couple of months back . The problem yesterday was that Logo and Bateman are and have been better lifters. Matt O’ Connor could and should have stuck to the formula that has been so successful away from home in the last 3 away games. He should also look at which backs run sensible yet threatening running lines. Without Owen, Manu and Tait it was an area Tigers would always struggle in.
Now, personally, I don’t want to hear in the press etc what our reaction will be. Just look at how Worcester beat The Falcons and go back to forwards working together in a patient way. Oh yes, and take the 3 points when offered. Yesterday our refusal to build a score to get back into the game was mindless.