Sack Mark Bakewell

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Re: Sack Mark Bakewell

Post by Chobbsy »

JP14 wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:01 pm this is a joke right? If it isn’t, the fans on here need to go back to football
Like you say. it has to be a joke?
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
Baz

Post by Baz »

Some was watching a different game to me; the scrum was the only bit that worked!
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

JP14 wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:56 pm
Mark62 wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:30 pm Absolutely correct Waller was 45 degrees to the touch line for that particular scrum.. Sam Harrison didn’t want to put the ball in but Carley insisted.
I wondered why Harrison was reluctant to feed the ball in. Sighhhhhh, :censored Carley why couldn’t Premiership Rugby be bothered to send a decent referee for high-profile game?
The ref didn't run around the paddock making ball handling errors and missing tackles gifting the game to saints
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

The fact that we lost the game doesn't nullify criticism of what was a poor performance by the TJs in particular. Offside was a joke, and because we weren't competing at the breakdown, Carley didn't even bother with Gibson's magnificently NZ style performance.
BUT it wasn't the poor handling nor the comedy reffing but awful lineouts and bad tactics that lost it IMO, jointly players AND coaching to blame.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
norfolkexpat
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by norfolkexpat »

Back in April. Now December. Nothing has changed.
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

norfolkexpat wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:22 pm Back in April. Now December. Nothing has changed.
And there was me thinking that as Bakewell came from Bristol he may train Tigers squad to a win!
Furthermore he is not an Ex-Tiger so should by all accounts be above the rest.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

wormus wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:12 pm
norfolkexpat wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:22 pm Back in April. Now December. Nothing has changed.
And there was me thinking that as Bakewell came from Bristol he may train Tigers squad to a win!
Furthermore he is not an Ex-Tiger so should by all accounts be above the rest.
Was that why Briz got relegated? Now they are on the rise and he is taking us down?
DingDong
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by DingDong »

How can anyone blame the players when they are coached with such poor structure and game plan? They are flawed before they even step foot onto the pitch, the lack of confidence proves that, this is a hugely talented squad who are simply not gelling and that is down to the coaches. An example of the clear void at the moment was post match:
Geordan Murphy - “the red card killed the game, we should’ve walked off then”.
George Ford - “these things happen, you just have to be good enough to get over that”.
When supporters bemoan the lack of Tigers spirit, those two quotes tell you where the issue is!
Ashurstwoodtiger

Post by Ashurstwoodtiger »

Agree with George Ford's comment these things do happen BUT NOT EVERY WEEK
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

George Ford talks a good game, unfortunately he rarely delivers on those words, along with several others.
What's more is some are a part of the leadership group, do as I say and not as I do!
When it comes to grinding one out some are below Championship standard.
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

If you look at the recent Genge interview on LTTV he mentions how GM jokes around (my words) with the players. He does correct himself but it did make me wonder whether GM has really managed to step out of the player environment and create the clear blue water that is needed between a head coach (the boss) and his/her players. There is a saying that familiarity breeds contempt.
As Good As It Gets
jaguar
Tiger Cub

Post by jaguar »

Baz wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:14 am Some was watching a different game to me; the scrum was the only bit that worked!Well said Spencer was relentless
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

To suggest that Bakewell should be sacked is ridiculous and if you believe that then the football club is only around the corner, :smt006.

Truth to be told our forward pack was an absolute mess before he came in and his arrival sparked a desire from the forwards to play for him, these things take time and I can see improvements in the lineout and the maul, attack in open play is not really under Bakewell’s jurisdiction that’s more to do with whoever is presiding over attack, Allen or Murphy. On that note the forwards should carry more intelligently, go for gaps and weak shoulders rather than just try to run into a brick wall straight on or actually carry at an angle and target the flyhalf.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Louis

Post by Louis »

JP14 wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:01 pm this is a joke right? If it isn’t, the fans on here need to go back to football
Flipping well THIS.

(Given the tongue in cheek caveats, natch)