Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JP14
Super User
Super User

Re: Paddy Jackson

Post by JP14 »

JP14 wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:30 pm
Smudge wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:41 pm Sorry, .You are judging him when proper judges and a jury found him Not Guilty. That is how justice works.
I am also sorry if "laddish" offends you but you have clearly not been on any rugby tours. The motto for which is usually, "what happens on tour, stays on tour".
You can’t apply to that to most things anymore, it’s why places are reluctant to take in teams because of what can go on and it also why my “tour” this year is to the Premiership Final where I will be supporting Exeter if they make it as they’re a family club with traditional values and got a good financial structure without the need for sugar daddies.
Sorry, corrected now
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Rugbyflanker wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:36 pm Supporting Exeter? Wash your mouth out ;)
Tigers aren’t gonna be there, would you rather have me support Pests or Sarries? :smt017 😂
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

The ref ;)
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Rugbyflanker wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:24 pm The ref ;)
haaaaaa, nice one.

In your dreams :smt023
chris111
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by chris111 »

Smudge wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:08 pm "If rugby players were only employed if they were morally pure, there would be huge gaps in teams all over the country"

there is no more to say. The rest is PC b0ll0cks.
Ah, we finally agree on something. I know there’s nothing more to say once someone resorts to playing the PC Card in lieu of actually taking an ethically logical stance!
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

JP14 wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:23 pm
Rugbyflanker wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:36 pm Supporting Exeter? Wash your mouth out ;)
Tigers aren’t gonna be there, would you rather have me support Pests or Sarries? :smt017 😂
As you have ignored my earlier post, will you still support them if they announce Paddy Jackson as a signing?
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Rugbyflanker wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:58 pm Thought it was Olding to Exeter? They interested in both?
Click on the two links I provided.
CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CJ »

Two things to say: not guilty and innocent are not the same thing.

And if Tigers were to sign either one, I would never come to Welford
Road again, though the good thing is I know we never would sign either.
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Spot on with your first sentence CJ!
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

As a determined egalitarian, I would too cancel my season ticket effective immediately if Paddy Jackson came here. Though I highly doubt the club will sign Jackson, it is still imperative for the club to know how the fans will react should the former Irish international come here. I’m all for 2nd chances, but sometimes people stand too far off the mark.
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

CJ wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:26 pm Two things to say: not guilty and innocent are not the same thing.
You are correct CJ.
However, they have been tested, the evidence weighed and a jury of their peers has found them not guilty of rape.
Have you ever been found not guilty of rape? If not, by your reasoning surely that means we should have even more concerns about you than we may have about Jackson and Olding.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

Oh, just for clarity, I am by no means suggesting that these people should be acceptable at any club at this time, I'm just interested in getting the facts and logic correct. Does anybody who accepts that legally justice has probably been done have any comment on what might be a suitable time/series of actions for them to justify acceptance of rehabilitation for some pretty odious actions?
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
Smudge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Smudge »

Chris11
[Ah, we finally agree on something. I know there’s nothing more to say once someone resorts to playing the PC Card in lieu of actually taking an ethically logical stance!
/quote]
An ethical logical stance? What planet are you on? The man has been found not guilty. That judgement was reached after hearing all the evidence and the witnesses cross examined under oath etc. That gives him the right under English law to be treated as innocent before the law and his civil rights are protected to the full extent of the law. I somehow doubt if you attended the trial and heard all the evidence your self and yet you presume to rule against him as if you were in possession of all the facts. Totally ludicrous.
Imagine the hell he and his family have endured with those charges against him and yet now he has been exonerated you want to deprive him of earning a living.
Also you seem to be labouring under the apprehension that all the players at Tigers (and other clubs) are PC alter boys in their private lives well let me assure you they are not and never have been. They are no better or worse than any young men of the 21st century. You might find that your hockey players get up to high jinks now and again too. I would be more impressed at your promise to cancel your ST if it was Callum Clarke you were writing about..
A life long Tiger
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

CJ wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:26 pm Two things to say: not guilty and innocent are not the same thing.

And if Tigers were to sign either one, I would never come to Welford
Road again, though the good thing is I know we never would sign either.
I share your revulsion, CJ (as I pointed out earlier) and I think I understand the nuance you're trying to put across but, both legally and in common parlance, 'not guilty' and 'innocent' are the same thing. In the dictionary, 'innocent' means 'not guilty of a crime or offence'.

Not guilty of rape but hardly morally innocent - that I'd agree with!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

I always understood that guilt is to be proven beyond reasonable doubt, and to an exceptionally high standard.
Solomona? :smt017