Paddy Jackson

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Rizzo, Tigerbeat, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Chobbsy
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2540
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:51 am
Location: Milton Keynes

Re: Paddy Jackson

Post by Chobbsy » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:34 am

Dr H Flashman MBE wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:42 pm
As I was driving to work I heard that Paddy Jackson was being released by Ulster. Would people be happy to have him at the club or not?
He has been found not guilty, is proven class and probably won’t be playing for Ireland for the foreseeable future. He is an upgrade on Joe Ford.
However would the club and us supporters want the scrutiny that comes with this signing and the fall out from various groups?
Regardless of the fact that he has been found not guilty, Ulster have sacked him, that for me says a lot, there must be more to it, so from me "thanks but not thanks"
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Robespierre
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1103
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:36 am
Location: Toulouse

Re: Paddy Jackson

Post by Robespierre » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:38 am

I believe that Clermont are interested in signing him.
Semper in excreta

BIttySmalls
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 110
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:35 am

Re: Paddy Jackson

Post by BIttySmalls » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:07 am

It would be worth signing one of them just to see if those sitting atop Mount Pious follow through with their threats to 'never support the club again'. I would suggest it is all virtue signalling bluster.

Maybe we should all make our personal messaging accounts public and see how many people take offence? I would suggest that in this era of 'seeking to be offended' that everyone's account would have issues for someone.

mol2
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3245
Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 5:48 pm
Location: Cosby

Re: Paddy Jackson

Post by mol2 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:39 am

He may have been found not guilty but it would seem there was behaviour that many would consider dishonourable and unacceptable.

By the sound of it Ulster felt this way and sacked him and wouldn't be happy if Tigers looked at it any differently.

biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1550
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:35 pm

Re: Paddy Jackson

Post by biffer » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:47 am

He's not guilty of rape.

He's admitted to some pretty :censored: behaviour.

If he came to the club would any of you be happy if your ten year old kid thought he was awesome and looked at him as a role model?

ellis9
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4187
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:44 pm
Location: Birmingham

Re: Paddy Jackson

Post by ellis9 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:46 pm

JP14 wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:52 pm
As a determined egalitarian, I would too cancel my season ticket effective immediately if Paddy Jackson came here. Though I highly doubt the club will sign Jackson, it is still imperative for the club to know how the fans will react should the former Irish international come here. I’m all for 2nd chances, but sometimes people stand too far off the mark.
Are you deliberately ignoring my earlier question or have you missed it?

Why will you choose to support Exeter when they are one of the clubs rumoured to be interested in signing Paddy Jackson?

trendylfj
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1585
Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:16 am
Location: MARKET HARBOROUGH

Re: Paddy Jackson

Post by trendylfj » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:04 pm

Robespierre wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:38 am
I believe that Clermont are interested in signing him.
Don't thinks they are - the word "trust" appears often in the article - https://www.belfastlive.co.uk/sport/rug ... t-14538773
Hehehehehehehehe

JP14
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4660
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:37 am
Location: Neverland

Re: Paddy Jackson

Post by JP14 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:43 pm

ellis9 wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:46 pm
JP14 wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:52 pm
As a determined egalitarian, I would too cancel my season ticket effective immediately if Paddy Jackson came here. Though I highly doubt the club will sign Jackson, it is still imperative for the club to know how the fans will react should the former Irish international come here. I’m all for 2nd chances, but sometimes people stand too far off the mark.
Are you deliberately ignoring my earlier question or have you missed it?

Why will you choose to support Exeter when they are one of the clubs rumoured to be interested in signing Paddy Jackson?
I think you misunderstood my previous post. I will only support Exeter if they are in the Premiership Final which I am going to as I would rather support them then a plastic club such as Saracens or Wasps. I don’t really care if Exeter sign Jackson, I would disappointed if an English club took Jackson it, that’s all. I don’t support Exeter, I only support Tigers and Quins.
"Our Greatest Glory Is Not In Never Failing, But In Rising Every Time We Fall" Confucius

ellis9
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4187
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:44 pm
Location: Birmingham

Re: Paddy Jackson

Post by ellis9 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:23 pm

ellis9 wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:50 pm
JP14 wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:30 pm
Smudge wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:41 pm
Sorry, .You are judging him when proper judges and a jury found him Not Guilty. That is how justice works.
I am also sorry if "laddish" offends you but you have clearly not been on any rugby tours. The motto for which is usually, "what happens on tour, stays on tour".
You can’t apply to that to most things anymore, it’s why places are reluctant to take in teams because of what can go on and it also why my “tour” this is to the Premiership Final where I will be supporting Exeter if they make it as their a family club with traditional values and got a good financial structure without the need for sugar daddies.
Do you want to try that in English?

You do realise Exeter are rumoured to be interested in signing Jackson don't you?

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/jackson- ... nd-france/

https://www.ruck.co.uk/transfer-rumours ... rt-olding/
I did also ask for it in English as I couldn't make sense of it.

fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1268
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:22 pm

Re: Paddy Jackson

Post by fortysix » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:29 pm

Good grief-----------I have read these anti Jackson posts with some incredulity. I'll wager anyone who has been on a Rugby Tour, or any other Tour for that matter, has come across women who inhabit ''places'' where they can pick up or be picked up. They dont go there for any other reason than to meet up with someone, in the main. Many women allow drink to dull their senses, thoroughly enjoy their moments of pleasure and then , when sober, some start to regret what they let themselves in for. Especially if their boyfriend finds out, then the lies fly..............So the cant and hypocrisy is laughable, especially as the lads were found NOT GUILTY.
I'll bet a number of current Rugby Players have replicated what these two got up to, just like dozens of nancyballers, and every other sport going. But they werent caught out.....
This behaviour will replicate every minute, every night, all over the world..

JWM
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 459
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:19 am
Location: The diaspora - West Norfolk

Re: Paddy Jackson

Post by JWM » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:07 pm

Dr H Flashman MBE wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:42 pm
As I was driving to work I heard that Paddy Jackson was being released by Ulster. Would people be happy to have him at the club or not?
He has been found not guilty, is proven class and probably won’t be playing for Ireland for the foreseeable future. He is an upgrade on Joe Ford.
However would the club and us supporters want the scrutiny that comes with this signing and the fall out from various groups?
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES.
ST in new Clubhouse stand ... sadly, my back's no longer up to standing :-(

JP14
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4660
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:37 am
Location: Neverland

Re: Paddy Jackson

Post by JP14 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:34 am

ellis9 wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:23 pm
ellis9 wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:50 pm
JP14 wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:30 pm


You can’t apply to that to most things anymore, it’s why places are reluctant to take in teams because of what can go on and it also why my “tour” this is to the Premiership Final where I will be supporting Exeter if they make it as their a family club with traditional values and got a good financial structure without the need for sugar daddies.
Do you want to try that in English?

You do realise Exeter are rumoured to be interested in signing Jackson don't you?

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/jackson- ... nd-france/

https://www.ruck.co.uk/transfer-rumours ... rt-olding/
I did also ask for it in English as I couldn't make sense of it.
And I corrected it, see above
"Our Greatest Glory Is Not In Never Failing, But In Rising Every Time We Fall" Confucius

ellis9
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4187
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:44 pm
Location: Birmingham

Re: Paddy Jackson

Post by ellis9 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:10 am

JP14 wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:34 am
ellis9 wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:23 pm
ellis9 wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:50 pm


Do you want to try that in English?

You do realise Exeter are rumoured to be interested in signing Jackson don't you?

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/jackson- ... nd-france/

https://www.ruck.co.uk/transfer-rumours ... rt-olding/
I did also ask for it in English as I couldn't make sense of it.
And I corrected it, see above
Yet still not answered my question.

Let me re-phrase it. If Exeter reach the final and Tigers don't and Exeter announce they are signing Jackson, would you still support them?

Old Hob
Super User
Super User
Posts: 2250
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:15 pm

Re: Paddy Jackson

Post by Old Hob » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:39 pm

Major point being missed here.

The trial over, Ulster Rugby accepted the verdict. However, they then looked at the social media traffic of the two players both before and after the incident and they were sacked for that. Not, therefore, for a drunken frolic but for on-going, hard-core mysogenistic, brutal views.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina

strawclearer
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3798
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:13 am

Re: Paddy Jackson

Post by strawclearer » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:54 pm

Old Hob wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:39 pm
Major point being missed here.

The trial over, Ulster Rugby accepted the verdict. However, they then looked at the social media traffic of the two players both before and after the incident and they were sacked for that. Not, therefore, for a drunken frolic but for on-going, hard-core mysogenistic, brutal views.
:smt023
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Help save the Oceans - #RefuseTheStraw!

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests