JAPAN 2019

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

stephenb

JAPAN 2019

Post by stephenb »

HELP, HELP, HELP. WORLD CUP 2019
No Tigers tour.
Where have all the Tigers supporters gone? Having loved the WC tour `03 down under and the Lions`05, I was bitterly disappointed when told there were no plans for Japan `19.
There are other tours in preparation but I`d LOVE to meet up with the old crowd.
Gill, Zoe, Jim, Sarah.
Robert, Carol and the children Henry and Harriet(now grown up) from the helicopter ride to Rota rua.
Is Matt Poole still involved? Which tour?

Who am I? Is this genuine?
Tigers supporter Steve, You may remember my French song Alouette in the hotel bar and I was on trial at the kangaroo court for my on tour behaviour. Haka as” punishment”. Attached photos from Lions tour.
Steve bridge
PS I wrote a diary of the Lions tour and to do this post was a terrific walk down memory lane. I`d love to share these memories and laugh again

HELP, HELP, HELP. WORLD CUP 2019
No Tigers tour.
Where have all the Tigers supporters gone? Having loved the WC tour `03 down under and the Lions`05, I was bitterly disappointed when told there were no plans for Japan `19.
There are other tours in preparation but I`d LOVE to meet up with the old crowd.
Gill, Zoe, Jim, Sarah.
Robert, Carol and the children Henry and Harriet(now grown up) from the helicopter ride to Rota rua.
Is Matt Poole still involved? Which tour?

Who am I? Is this genuine?
Tigers supporter Steve, You may remember my French song Alouette in the hotel bar and I was on trial at the kangaroo court for my on tour behaviour. Haka as” punishment”. Attached photos from Lions tour.
Steve bridge
PS I wrote a diary of the Lions tour and to do this post was a terrific walk down memory lane. I`d love to share these memories and laugh again
stephenb

Re: JAPAN 2019

Post by stephenb »

still no replies - bitterly disappointed
steve
ggl

Post by ggl »

:smt006 Hi Stephen This is Gill! Have sent you a pm.
tjs10
Super User
Super User

Post by tjs10 »

Hi Steve, good to read your post on here, looking back on the old Tigers Events Tours down under! Sorry I missed it first time around but I rarely read the messageboard anymore.

It is a shame that Tigers Events don't seem to be running a tour for the 2019 RWC though I admit I wouldn't be touring there anyway due to a number of factors, including now having a couple of young kids (who I am still trying to convert to rugby) and, more importantly, I now live in Perth, Australia!

Unfortunately this means my trips to Welford Road are no more and I now have to make do with "World Series Rugby", an invitational rugby competition created by a local billionaire philanthropist after Western Force were unceremoniously cut from Super Rugby last year. Tomorrow night is the 5th fixture in the competition, seeing Western Force face a Samoa XV & i'll be there, getting my live rugby fix as usual.
ggl

Post by ggl »

Hi Tjs10 Enjoy the match! Good to see your getting some live rugby. Great to catch up at the cricket.
tjs10
Super User
Super User

Post by tjs10 »

Yes, it may not be the same as standing on the Crumbie watching Tigers playing, but it is a good opportunity to watch my new "local" team play representative sides from Fiji, Tonga, Samoa & Hong Kong as well as Super Rugby sides Melbourne Rebels & Crusaders, plus (Japanese T14 side) Panasonic Wild Knights.

It was good to meet up, if only briefly, at the WACA. Just a shame the Perth Test was so one-sided (like much of the series)! Pity you couldn't stay for the Perth ODI as we finally gave the Aussies a decent beating then!

I'm going to try to come to WR for the Quins game in December when I am back in the motherland for a visit.
ggl

Post by ggl »

That's good will definitely catch up again @ the Quins game. Enjoy the Pacific league.