Ben's back!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Baz

Ben's back!

Post by Baz »

I'm delighted to see that BY could be back for the Saints derby; Sam Harrison should be congratulated on the great job he's done.
Tiger93

Re: Ben's back!

Post by Tiger93 »

Will Ben be worth rushing back in at a risk though with how well Harrison has done and Simmons' positive impact from the bench?

Save him for now id say.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

What makes you think he has been rushed back? He has just recovered quicker than anticipated. If he is fully fit, you don't leave such a top class player out of the squad at this vital stage of the season!
Tomvarndell
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Tomvarndell »

I'm not sure about Simmons making much of a positive impact from the bench. He's merely come on in the dying stages and barely been noticeable apart from one poor kick into touch. Harrison has been running himself into the ground lately due to not having a proven replacement and long term that wouldn't be ideal. At least with Ben sitting on the bench we can replace him at the ideal time opposed to waiting for him to cramp up like Saturday.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

1) Youngs needs to get fully up to speed in case we make the play offs. As good as Sam has been we will need Ben if we are to go further in the competition.

2) Harrison looked very tired at the end of the Bath game and could do with being on the bench physically.

So I think he should and will start. They have been bullish about his recovery all along so if they say he's fit I see no problem.
Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bunchy »

Expectation is that he will bench, with 2 week training build up to Newcastle to follow.

Any stupid accusation of being rushed back is nonsense, it was an injury that required immobility initially and then rest followed by strengthening..... he has followed that protocol. The club would not risk him, it’s that simple.
Less is more....
Coops
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Coops »

I suspect they may start Harrison and bench Ben?
Tiger93

Post by Tiger93 »

Stupid accusation. And that is why these boards are littered with guests who never sign up.

Simmons has been good IMO.

If Harrison is knackered then yes bring Ben back in. Wonder how many will be on his back very quickly though for things they let Sam get away with...
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Agree Tiger93!
I understood your original post, there is fit and there is match fit.
The team appear to be building a decent understanding.
I expect the two senior 9's to share an important role in whatever order the coaches see fit at the time.
Tiger93

Post by Tiger93 »

Ive never been so chuffed with our 9 stocks. White and Simmons are brilliant guys to bring through for all the AW games and drip feed in other comps. Give it 4 years and the pair of them will be our 9 and 21 regular and both have eyes on England recognition.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

I still think the two youngsters have a very long way to go and there are a lot of very good players all over Europe.
They have a good chance but it'll get harder from here!
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

I don't think many on here appreciate that other team supporters and neutrals are very impressed by Shazam. He could make a fortune in France, they like fast combative 9s who can kick and play 10 at a pinch.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.