Tigers v Saints predictions

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Rizzo, Tigerbeat, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Post Reply
TigerCam
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3619
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2004 5:41 pm
Location: Cambridge

Re: Tigers v Saints predictions

Post by TigerCam » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:01 pm

I think I have worked it out? This game was just a ruse deployed by Premier Rugby (PR). Tigers take the fall in local derby, the media avalanche of dictates leads to hysteria at WR and euphoria at FG, turns the last two Prem weekends into a 'must watch, knife-edge, nail-biting' affair. PR generates mega bucks of the backs to the proletariat!!

JP14
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3849
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:37 am
Location: Neverland

Re: Tigers v Saints predictions

Post by JP14 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:38 pm

TigerCam wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:01 pm
I think I have worked it out? This game was just a ruse deployed by Premier Rugby (PR). Tigers take the fall in local derby, the media avalanche of dictates leads to hysteria at WR and euphoria at FG, turns the last two Prem weekends into a 'must watch, knife-edge, nail-biting' affair. PR generates mega bucks of the backs to the proletariat!!
To be honest, it does work out in favour for BT and PR
"Our Greatest Glory Is Not In Never Failing, But In Rising Every Time We Fall" Confucius

nasher
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 155
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:55 pm

Re: Tigers v Saints predictions

Post by nasher » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:51 pm

Be honest, we were poor. Afterall it's was saints second team and they played well. Playing like that I do not expect us to win anything this year or next.

TigerCam
Super User
Super User
Posts: 3619
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2004 5:41 pm
Location: Cambridge

Re: Tigers v Saints predictions

Post by TigerCam » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:17 pm

nasher wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:51 pm
Be honest, we were poor. Afterall it's was saints second team and they played well. Playing like that I do not expect us to win anything this year or next.
Yup!

Tiglon
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1001
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:54 pm
Location: Bath

Re: Tigers v Saints predictions

Post by Tiglon » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:28 am

Saints played no better than they did against Sarries. Tigers' accuracy and decision making was woeful/embarrassing/unacceptable/laughable - take your pick.

Any other premiership team would have beaten Northampton comfortably on Saturday. The commentators can big up Northampton all they want, but essentially Saints came out and offered Tigers a bonus point win on a plate, with a side order of confidence boosting. Instead Tigers had a look at the menu and chose a big helping of humiliation.

As professionals, almost every member of the Tigers team should be ashamed. A deluge of basic errors. They don't deserve to be in the playoffs.

Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1429
Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:58 pm

Re: Tigers v Saints predictions

Post by Rugbyflanker » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:33 am

Tiglon,harsh but correct! If we had 15 Genges in the field it would've been 100-6 ;) he was superb and his stats were ridiculous! He's already a far better scrummager than Mako and although not technically good or savvy,there was one moment where Hill brilliantly made him stretch and fall over which gained a free kick (tbh it was a Tigers free kick but Hill got away with it),as Marler he's definitely a more destructive scrummager and with his carrying he has to be first choice in SA with Mako desperately needing a rest.

ellis9
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4187
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:44 pm
Location: Birmingham

Re: Tigers v Saints predictions

Post by ellis9 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:46 am

Tiglon wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:28 am
Saints played no better than they did against Sarries. Tigers' accuracy and decision making was woeful/embarrassing/unacceptable/laughable - take your pick.

Any other premiership team would have beaten Northampton comfortably on Saturday. The commentators can big up Northampton all they want, but essentially Saints came out and offered Tigers a bonus point win on a plate, with a side order of confidence boosting. Instead Tigers had a look at the menu and chose a big helping of humiliation.

As professionals, almost every member of the Tigers team should be ashamed. A deluge of basic errors. They don't deserve to be in the playoffs.
If after 22 games we finish in the top 4 then we do actually deserve to be in the play offs.

Tiglon
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1001
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:54 pm
Location: Bath

Re: Tigers v Saints predictions

Post by Tiglon » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:01 pm

ellis9 wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:46 am
Tiglon wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:28 am
Saints played no better than they did against Sarries. Tigers' accuracy and decision making was woeful/embarrassing/unacceptable/laughable - take your pick.

Any other premiership team would have beaten Northampton comfortably on Saturday. The commentators can big up Northampton all they want, but essentially Saints came out and offered Tigers a bonus point win on a plate, with a side order of confidence boosting. Instead Tigers had a look at the menu and chose a big helping of humiliation.

As professionals, almost every member of the Tigers team should be ashamed. A deluge of basic errors. They don't deserve to be in the playoffs.
If after 22 games we finish in the top 4 then we do actually deserve to be in the play offs.
Are you saying something is deserved simply because it happens?

ellis9
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4187
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:44 pm
Location: Birmingham

Re: Tigers v Saints predictions

Post by ellis9 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:30 pm

Tiglon wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:01 pm
ellis9 wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:46 am
Tiglon wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:28 am
Saints played no better than they did against Sarries. Tigers' accuracy and decision making was woeful/embarrassing/unacceptable/laughable - take your pick.

Any other premiership team would have beaten Northampton comfortably on Saturday. The commentators can big up Northampton all they want, but essentially Saints came out and offered Tigers a bonus point win on a plate, with a side order of confidence boosting. Instead Tigers had a look at the menu and chose a big helping of humiliation.

As professionals, almost every member of the Tigers team should be ashamed. A deluge of basic errors. They don't deserve to be in the playoffs.
If after 22 games we finish in the top 4 then we do actually deserve to be in the play offs.
Are you saying something is deserved simply because it happens?
What I'm saying is, we will have got enough points and more than at least 8 other teams. That means we deserve to be in the playoffs. Just because we haven't hit the standards we expect, we have been good enough to get more points than 8 other teams so yes, we would deserve to be in the play offs.

Tiglon
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1001
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:54 pm
Location: Bath

Re: Tigers v Saints predictions

Post by Tiglon » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:05 am

ellis9 wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:30 pm
Tiglon wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:01 pm
ellis9 wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:46 am


If after 22 games we finish in the top 4 then we do actually deserve to be in the play offs.
Are you saying something is deserved simply because it happens?
What I'm saying is, we will have got enough points and more than at least 8 other teams. That means we deserve to be in the playoffs. Just because we haven't hit the standards we expect, we have been good enough to get more points than 8 other teams so yes, we would deserve to be in the play offs.
I think you misunderstand the definition of "deserve". Just because something results in something else, it does not necessarily mean that the result is deserved.

Did Lance Armstrong deserve to win the Tour de France so many times?

Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1429
Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:58 pm

Re: Tigers v Saints predictions

Post by Rugbyflanker » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:08 am

No point Tiglon,youre not allowed to say anything remotely against Tigers when Ellis is around ;)

loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 923
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:31 pm
Location: With the PFJ

Re: Tigers v Saints predictions

Post by loretta » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:12 am

Tiglon wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:05 am
Did Lance Armstrong deserve to win the Tour de France so many times?
Are you accusing Tigers of doping?
If not, your comparison is invalid.
All I said was ........

ellis9
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4187
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:44 pm
Location: Birmingham

Re: Tigers v Saints predictions

Post by ellis9 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:13 pm

Tiglon wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:05 am
ellis9 wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:30 pm
Tiglon wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:01 pm


Are you saying something is deserved simply because it happens?
What I'm saying is, we will have got enough points and more than at least 8 other teams. That means we deserve to be in the playoffs. Just because we haven't hit the standards we expect, we have been good enough to get more points than 8 other teams so yes, we would deserve to be in the play offs.
I think you misunderstand the definition of "deserve". Just because something results in something else, it does not necessarily mean that the result is deserved.

Did Lance Armstrong deserve to win the Tour de France so many times?
That's a pointless comparison. Lance Armstrong won because he cheated. (Although he may still have won without).

There are 22 rounds of matches in the Premiership. If after those games have finished a club has enough points to be in the top 4, then they deserve to be there.

Without giving the answer of we have been poor or not hit the standards we expect, why don't you think Tigers deserve to be in the top 4 then?

ellis9
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4187
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:44 pm
Location: Birmingham

Re: Tigers v Saints predictions

Post by ellis9 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:15 pm

Rugbyflanker wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:08 am
No point Tiglon,youre not allowed to say anything remotely against Tigers when Ellis is around ;)
I've never said anyone can't say what they want but if I disagree or think you're talking absolute rubbish, then I'll say so.

johnthegriff
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1040
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:37 am

Re: Tigers v Saints predictions

Post by johnthegriff » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:23 pm

I don't always agree with Ellis but this time he is right beyond doubt. During a season there may be individual matches where a bit of luck or a dodgy referees decision can " unfairly " affect the result but over twenty two games the league position achieved is deserved whether it be top, bottom or fourth. Of course having achieved fourth a bit of luck in each of two matches can "unfairly " gift you a trophy otherwise Wasps would have considerably less in their cabinet than they actually have.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: anz3001, happywomble, JP14, Offside, Robespierre and 2 guests