Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

G.K
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Saints predictions

Post by G.K »

JP14 wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:43 am
G.K wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:30 pm
JP14 wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:06 pm No Tigers players were as worse as the simply awful woman sitting behind me, thought she was an expert on rugby but she didn’t know what she was talking about. Kept wanting the injured players to hurry up, kept shouting isolated when players weren’t isolated and kept saying cynical when she didn’t even knew what it meant.
:smt013 :
Never a good idea to take your wife to Rugby matches :smt002
Ummmm, G.K I’m a teenager :smt006
Either married too young then or a warning of things to come? :smt002
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

First lineout on Saints 5m line butchered set the tone for the afternoon. Even forgetting the kicking a 10 that tackles would be an advantage. Lack of available centres restricts our options such as dropping Ford and playing Toomua there. I have a horrible feeling the centre situation isnt going to be rectified next season either.
I'm not cynical just experienced
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

What typified the "Not ready/ organised/ up for it" attitudes was that, having decided to take a quick pot at goal Ford was forced to jump up and down and wave his arms to wake up someone from the support staff to bring a kicking tee on. Twice!!!
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

chewbacca wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:55 am First lineout on Saints 5m line butchered set the tone for the afternoon. Even forgetting the kicking a 10 that tackles would be an advantage. Lack of available centres restricts our options such as dropping Ford and playing Toomua there. I have a horrible feeling the centre situation isnt going to be rectified next season either.
I agree with the wookie.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Big Dai wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:27 am
chewbacca wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:55 am First lineout on Saints 5m line butchered set the tone for the afternoon. Even forgetting the kicking a 10 that tackles would be an advantage. Lack of available centres restricts our options such as dropping Ford and playing Toomua there. I have a horrible feeling the centre situation isnt going to be rectified next season either.
I agree with the wookie.
Cross-species harmony as i agree with both.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

jgriffin wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:58 am
I agree with the wookie.
What about a full back that can tackle? Veainu missed Foden for their first try which he definitely should have stopped.

What a winger that can tackle? Thompstone missed a player he should have tackled.

Ford wasn't as bad as people are making out.
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

Harrison also missed a tackle that lead to their third try.

Saints actually missed 37 tackles but their scramble defence covered for each other.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Tait is a fullback that has shown he can tackle, but because of our perennial centre crisis he has been forced to play there.

Murphy was charged with bringing on the kicking tee, he was otherwise engaged on two occasions. For me it mirrored our shambles on the pitch.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

ellis9 wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:17 am
jgriffin wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:58 am
I agree with the wookie.
What about a full back that can tackle? Veainu missed Foden for their first try which he definitely should have stopped.

What a winger that can tackle? Thompstone missed a player he should have tackled.

Ford wasn't as bad as people are making out.
That tackle Thompstone didn't complete came about from others failure to make any defensive decisions being caught in no mans land.
Whilst Thompstone had hands on Tuala one of the others should've been in and all over him, better to affect the ball carrier than just stand watching.
By comparison if you watched Saints scramble defence they helped each other.
Ford did not have a good game, Saints put him under a lot of pressure and he gave a lot of static ball.
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Ford was poor,one delayed pass to Fitzgerald aside. Poor off the tee,doesnt threaten the line whatsoever and just shovelled it on. Vastly overrated player.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Rugbyflanker wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:06 pm Ford was poor,one delayed pass to Fitzgerald aside. Poor off the tee,doesnt threaten the line whatsoever and just shovelled it on. Vastly overrated player.
No he isn't.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

Apparently, we had 67% possession, 72% territory, Saints conceded 14 penalties to our 9 and we made 649m to Saints’ 304m. [We probably made more yards too.]

So, how come they got 27 points and we got 21?

And who is deputising as 'Defence Coach' while we don't have one and where was he at half-time given that we were totally incapable of defending the fringes all game?

And while I'm on: If our first-choice 7 is side-lined and we have an exciting U20 international 7 in the first team squad and we're playing the team that's 10th in the league - then why don't we start him?

And if our starting hooker is having a bit of a nightmare and we've got a current international on the bench.......
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Can't help thinking how much we'd be better off now with Burns and Williams instead of Ford and Ford! Just because their form has fell off a cliff I firmly believe it wouldn't have done here,the balance would be much better and 12 equally covered as well too and Williams was the AP top try assist from 12 to boot. Break it down for me then Ellis what George has done for us this season please.
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Have a look at our FH straw who made 0 metres from 3 whole runs. That game yesterday was made for a FH to dominate with all that possession and territory!
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Rugbyflanker wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:50 pm Can't help thinking how much we'd be better off now with Burns and Williams instead of Ford and Ford! Just because their form has fell off a cliff I firmly believe it wouldn't have done here,the balance would be much better and 12 equally covered as well too and Williams was the AP top try assist from 12 to boot. Break it down for me then Ellis what George has done for us this season please.
Generally agree with this, has always been my view.
BTW managed to agree AND disagree with RugbyFlanker IN TWO TOPICS inside TWO MINUTES! Skill! :smt003 :smt003 :smt003
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.