Tigers v Saints predictions

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

jamie1880

Re: Tigers v Saints predictions

Post by jamie1880 »

Chobbsy wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:53 pm
ellis9 wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:07 am I cannot wait for this match! It cannot come quickly enough!

How do we think this game will go?

Tigers put 50+ points on them?
Tigers win by 20-50?
Tigers win by 10-20?
Tigers win by 1-10?
Saints win? :smt022
Manu, said on Saturday that he would be fit for this game, I also heard a rumour that BY would be also it and on the bench
I asked Manu on Saturday and he said a couple of weeks, I expect for the Newcastle game off the bench and if not- he'll be 100% fit for Sale early May, and hopefully a semi final at least
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

TigersFan on Twitter suggesting:

Tait likely to miss out due to his concussion
Williams, O’Connor, Holmes and Ben Youngs are all available for selection
Tuilagi a couple of weeks away, back for Newcastle on the 27th most likely
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

thought Tait was neck, not concussion?
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

OK they are local rivals I get that but all this 'wounded beast' nonsense!!! They are 10th. They have lost 5 in a row. Quins put 50 on them. Saracens massacred them last week. Since start of October, excluding AW, they have beaten... Gloucester (H) and Irish (H). That's it! Let's be honest they are just wounded. Of course it is their cup final but we've got to go out thinking TBPW. It's refreshing to see Tigers of late realising the BP is a key part of the game, as Exeter do.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

They will be up for this!! Keep their big runners quiet and the win will come - over-confidence and the Tigers will get beat. The same battering approach as last week will be fine for me tho' Genge has to ensure that he channels his aggression and does not get lippy with Sir!! Going to miss it as I have a family birthday lunch to attend :smt030. I will be at WR for the Falcons game tho'
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Tomvarndell
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Tomvarndell »

MrPartridge wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:26 pm Matthew Carley and Antony Cotton are the same person. Never been seen in the same room. Both muppets! http://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2018- ... t-profile/

As for the score... Saints are awful as Saracens and many others have highlighted. It is all about the first 20 mins for me. Give them a foothold and they might bite us. Seriously it should be 5 points. Bookies have us 10/11 minus 14. That seems v generous to me. I'll be interested to see what odds we are -25.
I'm not normally one to like betting on teams covering biggish handicaps. Had teams cruise clear and ease off and thus not quite cover the handicap in the past but jeez this looks like an handicap to get stuck into. Surely we'd love to proper stuff them if the chance arises. A week off to follow so no dragging players off as soon as the game is won etc. Even saying that our bench will be good anyway. This handicap is a rick for me. Should be in the early mid 20s for sure. Only a very wet day stops this being a max bet at 14.
Coops
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Coops »

We need to go out strong early doors and get a try on the board within first 20 minutes - that will wound them and perhaps demoralise them. The rest is then just keeping our game tight and discipline under control .
POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Post by POSTIGER »

Interesting comments from Tom Wood on the current situation at Saints. Brutally honest;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/4373912
I saw Marika Vunibaka play
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

POSTIGER wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:29 am Interesting comments from Tom Wood on the current situation at Saints. Brutally honest;

Think you knocked a digit off the address linked - new one below. It was pretty honest of Tom Wood, admitting that you've sat back and done nothing about it for 4 years is also pretty damning - on all concerned.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/43739123
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

WhitecapTiger wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:05 pm
POSTIGER wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:29 am Interesting comments from Tom Wood on the current situation at Saints. Brutally honest;

Think you knocked a digit off the address linked - new one below. It was pretty honest of Tom Wood, admitting that you've sat back and done nothing about it for 4 years is also pretty damning - on all concerned.

Good man, Tom, but put a hold on the dramatic turnaround until September, there's a good chap!
Semper in excretia
POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Post by POSTIGER »

WhitecapTiger wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:05 pm

You're right, I did. Thanks for correcting.
I saw Marika Vunibaka play
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

As long as we perform to the high standards we have been doing the last few matches I think we will wear saints down and claim the TBP in the second half. Do we know who Sir is yet??
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

WiggoTiger wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:01 pm As long as we perform to the high standards we have been doing the last few matches I think we will wear saints down and claim the TBP in the second half. Do we know who Sir is yet??
Matthew Carley
Scrum

Post by Scrum »

OMG Stuart Barnes column in the Times today he’s praising the tigers resilience, after slagging his old club Bath last week!
Something I thought I’d never see. Perhaps the sun will make a showing as well eh!
Brianf

Post by Brianf »

Here is the Saints line up, courtesy of its website;

15 Ahsee Tuala
14 Ben Foden
13 Rob Horne (capt)
12 Piers Francis
11 George North
10 Stephen Myler
9 Cobus Reinach

1 Campese Ma’afu