Tigers v Saints predictions

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Tigers v Saints predictions

Post by MrPartridge »

Matthew Carley and Antony Cotton are the same person. Never been seen in the same room. Both muppets! http://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2018- ... t-profile/

As for the score... Saints are awful as Saracens and many others have highlighted. It is all about the first 20 mins for me. Give them a foothold and they might bite us. Seriously it should be 5 points. Bookies have us 10/11 minus 14. That seems v generous to me. I'll be interested to see what odds we are -25.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

I have checked to see what our biggest victory against Saints is and it was 32-0 on 3rd September 2005.

I wonder if this can be beaten this weekend.
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

Rugbyflanker wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:38 pm What's poster thoughts on BY? Start or bench if fit,should be latter for me.
Bench
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

MrPartridge wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:26 pm Matthew Carley and Antony Cotton are the same person. Never been seen in the same room. Both muppets! http://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2018- ... t-profile/

As for the score... Saints are awful as Saracens and many others have highlighted. It is all about the first 20 mins for me. Give them a foothold and they might bite us. Seriously it should be 5 points. Bookies have us 10/11 minus 14. That seems v generous to me. I'll be interested to see what odds we are -25.
PLEASE don't get carried away, remember this is the biggest derby in English rugby and they are a wounded animal at the moment!!!
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

Just keep winning.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

One of the most pleasing aspects of our winning run has been our ability to keep modest and insist that we need to keep getting better, and we need to keep that system of thinking for as long as humanely possible
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

I predict a close game. Saints will be well up for this one and if they do the double over us their supporters will forgive them 10th place in the league. Especially if it stops Tigers from getting in the top 4.
That’s how important this game will be to them.
We should still win but if there is any complacency we will not!!
The players need to be reminded of the importance of this fixture, not so much the old players but definitely the new kids on the block.
This is The Local Derby!!!
Soggypitch
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

Soggypitch wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:14 am I predict a close game. Saints will be well up for this one and if they do the double over us their supporters will forgive them 10th place in the league. Especially if it stops Tigers from getting in the top 4.
The players need to be reminded of the importance of this fixture, not so much the old players but definitely the new kids on the block.
Exactly!!! I'd be delighted with the win - with or without a bonus point. Don't lets get dragged into a pointless discussion about the margin of victory! This match is a potential banana skin and slipping up is unthinkable.
Semper in excretia
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

Robespierre wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:39 am
Soggypitch wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:14 am I predict a close game. Saints will be well up for this one and if they do the double over us their supporters will forgive them 10th place in the league. Especially if it stops Tigers from getting in the top 4.
Exactly!!! I'd be delighted with the win - with or without a bonus point. Don't lets get dragged into a pointless discussion about the margin of victory! This match is a potential banana skin and slipping up is unthinkable.
Well said both Robespierre and Soggypitch
Rykard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rykard »

they are wounded and were embarrassed at home. We need to go about it in a workmanlike fashion and secure the win first. Then if possible look for the BP, but the priority has to be a win - regardless of how it comes - 9-0 would be fine, though a blowout would be better.
cheers
Rich
POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Post by POSTIGER »

My thoughts exactly. Plus (I think I'm right when I say this) they got absolutely smashed by Sarries the week before they played us at FR and they ended up giving us a pasting. That said, I'd like to think we're a significantly stronger proposition than we were then.

I live in Northants and there is much talk of this being almost like a cup final for Saints in the sense that they must win. If there is one of their remaining games they are going to put 110% into it's this one. They're not going down and they're not going to the HC so they'll be targeting this is an opportunity to salvage some pride as you've said.
I saw Marika Vunibaka play
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

That said Flats had it right on the C5 highlights programme when he said something like "you can pump your chest all you like and say you up for the fight but you can't fake it for 80 minutes". Once you concede a couple of tries your hearts not in it, in their situation.

Patience is the key though. It may be that there isn't much in it in the first half. Could/should be similar to the Bath game.
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Patience is definitely the key. We’re in a position where we don’t need to smash them and get a TBP, we just need to win.

Same plan as against Bath and grind them down. Hope for lots of scrums and driving lineouts. Keep it in the forwards with a solid kicking game. Strong bench to come on for the second half with B Youngs.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:00 am Patience is definitely the key. We’re in a position where we don’t need to smash them and get a TBP, we just need to win.

Same plan as against Bath and grind them down. Hope for lots of scrums and driving lineouts. Keep it in the forwards with a solid kicking game. Strong bench to come on for the second half with B Youngs.
Very much so and that has been the main difference since Bakewell arrived.
Number of occasions against Bath, there were 20 plus phases a la Exeter. That just wasn’t happening before Christmas
brooksey845

Post by brooksey845 »

This is my thoughts summed up exactly. Saints are a dangerous beast especially getting drilled last week against Saracens. This for them would give them a positive out of the season by beating the local rivals and denying them. I think it will be closer than what people are suggesting Tigers by 7.