Tigers v Saints predictions

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Saints predictions

Post by TigerCam »

I think I have worked it out? This game was just a ruse deployed by Premier Rugby (PR). Tigers take the fall in local derby, the media avalanche of dictates leads to hysteria at WR and euphoria at FG, turns the last two Prem weekends into a 'must watch, knife-edge, nail-biting' affair. PR generates mega bucks of the backs to the proletariat!!
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

TigerCam wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:01 pm I think I have worked it out? This game was just a ruse deployed by Premier Rugby (PR). Tigers take the fall in local derby, the media avalanche of dictates leads to hysteria at WR and euphoria at FG, turns the last two Prem weekends into a 'must watch, knife-edge, nail-biting' affair. PR generates mega bucks of the backs to the proletariat!!
To be honest, it does work out in favour for BT and PR
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
nasher

Post by nasher »

Be honest, we were poor. Afterall it's was saints second team and they played well. Playing like that I do not expect us to win anything this year or next.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

nasher wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:51 pm Be honest, we were poor. Afterall it's was saints second team and they played well. Playing like that I do not expect us to win anything this year or next.
Yup!
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Saints played no better than they did against Sarries. Tigers' accuracy and decision making was woeful/embarrassing/unacceptable/laughable - take your pick.

Any other premiership team would have beaten Northampton comfortably on Saturday. The commentators can big up Northampton all they want, but essentially Saints came out and offered Tigers a bonus point win on a plate, with a side order of confidence boosting. Instead Tigers had a look at the menu and chose a big helping of humiliation.

As professionals, almost every member of the Tigers team should be ashamed. A deluge of basic errors. They don't deserve to be in the playoffs.
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Tiglon,harsh but correct! If we had 15 Genges in the field it would've been 100-6 ;) he was superb and his stats were ridiculous! He's already a far better scrummager than Mako and although not technically good or savvy,there was one moment where Hill brilliantly made him stretch and fall over which gained a free kick (tbh it was a Tigers free kick but Hill got away with it),as Marler he's definitely a more destructive scrummager and with his carrying he has to be first choice in SA with Mako desperately needing a rest.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Tiglon wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:28 am Saints played no better than they did against Sarries. Tigers' accuracy and decision making was woeful/embarrassing/unacceptable/laughable - take your pick.

Any other premiership team would have beaten Northampton comfortably on Saturday. The commentators can big up Northampton all they want, but essentially Saints came out and offered Tigers a bonus point win on a plate, with a side order of confidence boosting. Instead Tigers had a look at the menu and chose a big helping of humiliation.

As professionals, almost every member of the Tigers team should be ashamed. A deluge of basic errors. They don't deserve to be in the playoffs.
If after 22 games we finish in the top 4 then we do actually deserve to be in the play offs.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

ellis9 wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:46 am
Tiglon wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:28 am Saints played no better than they did against Sarries. Tigers' accuracy and decision making was woeful/embarrassing/unacceptable/laughable - take your pick.

If after 22 games we finish in the top 4 then we do actually deserve to be in the play offs.
Are you saying something is deserved simply because it happens?
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Tiglon wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:01 pm

What I'm saying is, we will have got enough points and more than at least 8 other teams. That means we deserve to be in the playoffs. Just because we haven't hit the standards we expect, we have been good enough to get more points than 8 other teams so yes, we would deserve to be in the play offs.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

ellis9 wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:30 pm

What I'm saying is, we will have got enough points and more than at least 8 other teams. That means we deserve to be in the playoffs. Just because we haven't hit the standards we expect, we have been good enough to get more points than 8 other teams so yes, we would deserve to be in the play offs.
I think you misunderstand the definition of "deserve". Just because something results in something else, it does not necessarily mean that the result is deserved.

Did Lance Armstrong deserve to win the Tour de France so many times?
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

No point Tiglon,youre not allowed to say anything remotely against Tigers when Ellis is around ;)
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

Tiglon wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:05 am Did Lance Armstrong deserve to win the Tour de France so many times?
Are you accusing Tigers of doping?
If not, your comparison is invalid.
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Tiglon wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:05 am
ellis9 wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:30 pm

I think you misunderstand the definition of "deserve". Just because something results in something else, it does not necessarily mean that the result is deserved.

Did Lance Armstrong deserve to win the Tour de France so many times?
That's a pointless comparison. Lance Armstrong won because he cheated. (Although he may still have won without).

There are 22 rounds of matches in the Premiership. If after those games have finished a club has enough points to be in the top 4, then they deserve to be there.

Without giving the answer of we have been poor or not hit the standards we expect, why don't you think Tigers deserve to be in the top 4 then?
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Rugbyflanker wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:08 am No point Tiglon,youre not allowed to say anything remotely against Tigers when Ellis is around ;)
I've never said anyone can't say what they want but if I disagree or think you're talking absolute rubbish, then I'll say so.
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

I don't always agree with Ellis but this time he is right beyond doubt. During a season there may be individual matches where a bit of luck or a dodgy referees decision can " unfairly " affect the result but over twenty two games the league position achieved is deserved whether it be top, bottom or fourth. Of course having achieved fourth a bit of luck in each of two matches can "unfairly " gift you a trophy otherwise Wasps would have considerably less in their cabinet than they actually have.