Worcester Warriors

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Mark62
Super User
Super User

Worcester Warriors

Post by Mark62 »

Reporting a loss of £8.1 million 16/17 tax year on the BBC.

Very worrying in no way is that sustainable
Stephen18
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Worcester Warriors

Post by Stephen18 »

Mark62 wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:03 pm Reporting a loss of £8.1 million 16/17 tax year on the BBC.

It unfortunately seems to be the norm now every premiership team inc ours have posted losses exept Exeter, although Worcester of bottom of the list, but I couldn’t tell you how accurate that this is as it has Wasps posting less of a loss than use and Sarries and Bath in the middle which seems like they’ve paid their accounts more than Worcester to hide their losses, but I can see how ots sustainable I know its common place in football, but that isnt the way i want rugby to go teams should have to live within their means if that means not so many Southern Hemisphere stars play in the premiership so be it, teams will have to work harder on their development teams. I know that would pit us at a disadvantage in Europe, but hopefully 5-6 years down the line and players come through I think we’d start to catch back up.
biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Worcester Warriors

Post by biffer »

Stephen18 wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:57 pm
Mark62 wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:03 pm Reporting a loss of £8.1 million 16/17 tax year on the BBC.

It unfortunately seems to be the norm now every premiership team inc ours have posted losses exept Exeter, although Worcester of bottom of the list, but I couldn’t tell you how accurate that this is as it has Wasps posting less of a loss than use and Sarries and Bath in the middle which seems like they’ve paid their accounts more than Worcester to hide their losses, but I can see how ots sustainable I know its common place in football, but that isnt the way i want rugby to go teams should have to live within their means if that means not so many Southern Hemisphere stars play in the premiership so be it, teams will have to work harder on their development teams. I know that would pit us at a disadvantage in Europe, but hopefully 5-6 years down the line and players come through I think we’d start to catch back up.
I can see Worcester going the way of London Welsh is they don't find a way out of this cycle.

For Leicester in particular it's slightly different given the ground improvements that are being paid for etc, and Sarries seem to be reducing their losses season by season (and may have to tighten their belts a bit more now the saffers have stepped away). For Wasps it very much depends on if the stadium in Coventry ends up being an asset or a liability, that'll shake out a bit in the next few years.