Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Re: I am really disappointed in the club

Post by Chobbsy »

Crumblies wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:16 am
Chobbsy wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:38 am
loretta wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:31 am
If this thread was a horse, I'd have shot it by now.
Why because you don't like it, I thought this was a forum, not a forum for subject only you like?
Afraid not. IMHO this thread has become your hobby horse and soap box.

You may have had a semblance of a grievance at the beginning but it has now become exhausted. if you really do feel so passionate about it, why don't you do something positive yourself to get it done. Like getting a shirt, ring the club ask for a meeting tomorrow at the game (I assume as a fervent supporter and season ticket holder you will be going?) with a senior representative of the club i.e. the player who will not be part of the matchday squad and designated community representative explain the situation and politely ask if he would be kind enough to take responsibility for getting the shirt signed for you. You never know if it is someone like Tom Croft he may even throw in one of his Old Lions shirts for you, then leave the goods to be collected by you at reception. My experience of Tigers has always been, at the right time and in the right place, a willingness to to connect with its supporters and the public at large and also to show there support and appreciation for the armed services.

I have no doubt if you make representation properly and express your grievance properly the Club will respond accordingly. Then perhaps you will come back and let us know how you got on.
Not at all, if you read through the majority of the replies have not come from me, I have apologized on here a couple of times saying it wasn't my intention to cause this mayhem, I have also sent PM to the people who offered some of their own items. However people on both sides keep debating.

I do take exception though at people who are not interested keep saying it needs to be closed, it's a FORUM if you don't want to read updates its simple, opt out of this topic.

People on here have asked questions on here and I have answered and I do take exception at being told its my hobby horse or soap box.

I say again if you don't like the topic then opt out.
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

Chobbsy wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:45 pm
Looks like it
Why because you don't like it, I thought this was a forum, not a forum for subject only you like?
No, because it's pointless and going nowhere.
You've had your say, others have responded and now it's going round in circles.
That's me done on the topic.
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by biffer »

loretta wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:29 am
I'd hold your coat while you did it.
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

biffer wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:34 pm
loretta wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:29 am

I'd hold your coat while you did it.
:smt067 :smt066 :smt068 :smt070 :smt071
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
Crumblies
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Crumblies »

Chobbsy wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:37 am
Crumblies wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:16 am

Afraid not. IMHO this thread has become your hobby horse and soap box.

You may have had a semblance of a grievance at the beginning but it has now become exhausted. if you really do feel so passionate about it, why don't you do something positive yourself to get it done. Like getting a shirt, ring the club ask for a meeting tomorrow at the game (I assume as a fervent supporter and season ticket holder you will be going?) with a senior representative of the club i.e. the player who will not be part of the matchday squad and designated community representative explain the situation and politely ask if he would be kind enough to take responsibility for getting the shirt signed for you. You never know if it is someone like Tom Croft he may even throw in one of his Old Lions shirts for you, then leave the goods to be collected by you at reception. My experience of Tigers has always been, at the right time and in the right place, a willingness to to connect with its supporters and the public at large and also to show there support and appreciation for the armed services.

I have no doubt if you make representation properly and express your grievance properly the Club will respond accordingly. Then perhaps you will come back and let us know how you got on.
Not at all, if you read through the majority of the replies have not come from me, I have apologized on here a couple of times saying it wasn't my intention to cause this mayhem, I have also sent PM to the people who offered some of their own items. However people on both sides keep debating.

I do take exception though at people who are not interested keep saying it needs to be closed, it's a FORUM if you don't want to read updates its simple, opt out of this topic.

People on here have asked questions on here and I have answered and I do take exception at being told its my hobby horse or soap box.

I say again if you don't like the topic then opt out.
I never said the thread should be closed, I expressed the view that your particular grievance relating to your sons request for signed shirt and memorabilia had been exhausted and could with, just a little proactive effort on your part, have been settled long ago.

I'm sorry if the news hasn't reached you yet but Leicester Tigers are now a PLC, they are one of, if not the most, supported Rugby Clubs in the World, they are now a big business with all the financial pressures that brings, Share Holders, Corporate Sponsors. Employees who all want to maximise security for themselves and their family after a very short playing career, that could end at anytime soon. Now we'd all like the trains to arrive on time and letters to be delivered to the right address 100% of the time. Likewise we'd all like to think that someone at Tigers is there devoted to waiting for our own personal requests for club memorabilia. Others, with experience at the chalk face, have already explained to you ad nausiam in this topic those days are gone.

Now in my experience the best way of judging an organisation, is not only when things go right but how they respond when things go wrong. I don't think anyone on this forum has denied that your sons cause is valid and that our Club should be supporting our armed services when we can. However I and others have asked, have you proactively given the club the opportunity to put this right? So my question again for you again is what are your interests and priorities here? do you genuinely want some memorabilia for your son if so then there are enough suggestions and offers on here for you to get that done with just a little effort from you. However if your interest is simply to use this forum and your sons circumstance as an opportunity to become a rebel without a cause, snipe at our club from the comfort of your armchair then its more shame on you than Leicester Tigers!
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Blimey!
I'd suggest those sniping at Chobbsy read the OP again, it's not so unreasonable to deserve lambasting to these lengths, it's simply an expression of disappointment, for goodness sake he even explains that he understands it's business, doesn't mean he has to like it!
If anyone has made this topic pathetic then it the snipers attempting to quash his opinion!
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

The OP was entitled to express his views and should not be subject to being personally targetted. He is disappointed and has stated his view. Please respect his post and the responses from other users rather than getting personal with the OP.

Thanks
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by biffer »

To be clear, I’m not sniping at anyone in particular, just astonished that this has gone on so long. And also some of the mudslinging and high horsedness is just, well, boak.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Tigerbeat wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:00 pm The OP was entitled to express his views and should not be subject to being personally targetted. He is disappointed and has stated his view. Please respect his post and the responses from other users rather than getting personal with the OP.

Thanks
Of course they can but others are also allowed to defend the clubs decision and try to explain things to the original poster. If people believe the original poster was harsh in saying that they are disappointed in the club for not giving him free stuff, then people are allowed to say so.

If I'd have asked the club for free stuff (I wouldn't do as I would feel cheeky and would feel like I was scrounging) but was told no, I wouldn't start a topic slating the clubs decision. I'd accept it and move on, irrelevant that other clubs had agreed to send stuff. In fact, I'd say they should be very happy with the amount of free stuff they have managed to get from other clubs.