Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Coops
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: I am really disappointed in the club

Post by Coops »

Chobbsy wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:15 am
Coops wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:57 am
westwinds31 wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:41 am This thread is quite frankly ....pathetic. It’s a shame that Tigers didn’t contribute anything but to hang the club out to dry for 1 instance is not right. Why are there no posts from people who received signed items and merchandise ? There are too many to list that’s why. Get a grip !
Here here.

A couple of weeks back me, my mate and our kids attended the Open Training Session - the lads bought themselves a rugby ball each from the shop (less than £10 each) and duly got them signed by every Tigers player who attended. OK these sessions don't run very often but if you don't put the effort in in the first place. I realised afterwards that I should have taken one of the many Tigers shirts I have in the wardrobe.
Nice answer, did you read the post? He is in BAHRAIN, quite difficult to pop to the open training session, but thanks for the advice, I am sure he will appreciate it
I did, yes thanks. But I note that you are in the locality though.
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

Coops wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:39 am
Chobbsy wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:15 am
Coops wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:57 am

Here here.

A couple of weeks back me, my mate and our kids attended the Open Training Session - the lads bought themselves a rugby ball each from the shop (less than £10 each) and duly got them signed by every Tigers player who attended. OK these sessions don't run very often but if you don't put the effort in in the first place. I realised afterwards that I should have taken one of the many Tigers shirts I have in the wardrobe.
Nice answer, did you read the post? He is in BAHRAIN, quite difficult to pop to the open training session, but thanks for the advice, I am sure he will appreciate it
I did, yes thanks. But I note that you are in the locality though.
Yeah, 60 miles away.
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

fleabane wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:45 pm
h's dad wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:52 am
fleabane wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:08 pm David Clayton gave this club its culture, far more than the Peters. His departure coincided with the decline that most people have noticed. Brand management has taken over at the cost of caring about supporters.
Your conception of brand management is different to any definition I've ever seen. They all have at their heart customer (read supporter) expectation fulfilment/satisfaction.
I’m afraid that Tigers idea of brand management is about developing sources of income, and not developing the clubs culture. They do not “all have at their heart” customer satisfaction. It is now more about brand awareness and income at Welford Road. David Claytons ideas were closer to developing the supporters levels of satisfaction.
Now that's just making stuff up and putting erroneous labels on it.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

possibly some of the posters on this thread could spare the time to go to the Tigers web page and click on community, they would then see just how much Tigers do that is not directly business related and the full time staff employed to implement those various projects. Further investigation would reveal visits by players and mascot to local schools and other organisations. Having seen the many posts critical of Tigers lack of response to the initial shirt request I am sure that all those people have searched their wardrobes and unearthed discarded old rugby shirts, scarves etc contacted the original poster to find out where to send their contribution.
PaulinBroughton
Tiger Cub

Post by PaulinBroughton »

End of the day the club like all other Prem clubs is a business. Without money there would be no club to support end of argument.
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

PaulinBroughton wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:07 pm End of the day the club like all other Prem clubs is a business. Without money there would be no club to support end of argument.
Without supporters there would be no club and definitely no money surely?
biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by biffer »

Blimey, is this still going?
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

biffer wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:38 pm Blimey, is this still going?
Looks like it
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

PaulinBroughton wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:07 pm End of the day the club like all other Prem clubs is a business. Without money there would be no club to support end of argument.
Agree. You need to tell people on here hundreds of times though. Unfortunately, it still isn't registering with many!
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

ellis9 wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:22 pm
Agree. You need to tell people on here hundreds of times though. Unfortunately, it still isn't registering with many!
Well, one; you need to get the money flowing in the right direction which is a difficult concept for some, and two; with all the other sources of funding, playing behind closed doors is probably a viable option rather than relying on your home fans - it might make things a lot easier and cut down on the complaints.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Chobbsy wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:45 pm
Looks like it
Chobbsy, just how generous have Saracens and Exeter been, out of interest ?
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

westwinds31 wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:12 am
Looks like it
Chobbsy, just how generous have Saracens and Exeter been, out of interest ?
I am not sure what they have given but they have said they will send something, but with it being Navy / Marine you would expect it from Exeter, the one who has surprised me is Scotland they have said yes straight away, England have sent the request to the charities board. England kissball are sending a signed shirt though
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

Looks like it
If this thread was a horse, I'd have shot it by now.
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

loretta wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:31 am
Looks like it
Why because you don't like it, I thought this was a forum, not a forum for subject only you like?
Crumblies
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Crumblies »

Chobbsy wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:38 am
loretta wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:31 am
Looks like it
Why because you don't like it, I thought this was a forum, not a forum for subject only you like?
Afraid not. IMHO this thread has become your hobby horse and soap box.

You may have had a semblance of a grievance at the beginning but it has now become exhausted. if you really do feel so passionate about it, why don't you do something positive yourself to get it done. Like getting a shirt, ring the club ask for a meeting tomorrow at the game (I assume as a fervent supporter and season ticket holder you will be going?) with a senior representative of the club i.e. the player who will not be part of the matchday squad and designated community representative explain the situation and politely ask if he would be kind enough to take responsibility for getting the shirt signed for you. You never know if it is someone like Tom Croft he may even throw in one of his Old Lions shirts for you, then leave the goods to be collected by you at reception. My experience of Tigers has always been, at the right time and in the right place, a willingness to to connect with its supporters and the public at large and also to show there support and appreciation for the armed services.

I have no doubt if you make representation properly and express your grievance properly the Club will respond accordingly. Then perhaps you will come back and let us know how you got on.