Christian Wade

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

BigDan50
Silver Member
Silver Member

Christian Wade

Post by BigDan50 »

We are visiting our son in Bath this weekend and went to the junior club he plays for for a drink. We met a guy who coaches at the club who is also involved with the England set up a a fairly high level, generally chatting about premiership rugby and he informed me that the next big transfer was that Christian Wade had signed for tigers, obviously I didn't believe him and told I thought he was joking but he was very insistent that it would happen, anyone else heard this rumour.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Re: Christian Wade

Post by strawclearer »

So - a back 3 of Veainu, May and Wade? It's a nice rumour! :smt101
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

While that would be a very tasty back three, I just, somehow, can't see it happening (happy to be proved wrong though!)
ghdav27

Post by ghdav27 »

I wouldnt welcome that signing tbh. He's rapid and will score tries but bes very one dimensional and I think the money could be better spent elsewhere. The fact that we were struggling to score tries earlier in the season wasn't down to the quality of our wingers.
Stephen18
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Stephen18 »

I can’t see it happening I think when he does leave wasps he’ll go to france. I also don't think he's the kind of winger that works at tigers, I think tigers wingers gave to come in field looking for the ball, especially when Manu is playing.
Last edited by Stephen18 on Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Well that would be interesting.
With Malouf potentially off we might be shy a winger.
Saying that would i rather have that cap spent on a centre yes.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

No thanks there are very good reasons he is no where near the England squad
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Doesn't interest me at all - would much rather keep Malouf than have Wade - defence/high ball/positioning/support are all better if we kept Malouf
Hehehehehehehehe
Seal
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Seal »

Really not a fan of Wade, hope this isn't true. Very one dimensional, doesn't commit to tackles properly, doesn't go looking for work around the pitch. There's a reason he's never properly broke into the England set up despite his flashy tries

Would be much better (and cost effective) to hold onto Malouf and continue to develop him.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

I went to the Ricoh to watch Wasps vs Ulster and Wade was very effective. His tackling in defence was good and he was always looking for work coming inside to find the ball and break the gainline. I guess he was having an 'off' day?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

If Brady and Pakalani made way for Wade then - maybe. If we lost Malouf/Holmes, I'd be less impressed.
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Would be shocked if this was true. However, rumours earlier in the season was Thompstone was leaving. So would be a better replacement and his try scoring record speaks for itself. Probably the best winger in the premiership who isn’t an international.
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:33 pm Would be shocked if this was true. However, rumours earlier in the season was Thompstone was leaving. So would be a better replacement and his try scoring record speaks for itself. Probably the best winger in the premiership who isn’t an international.
Being pedantic he has 1 England Cap (2013) so technically an international though not a current one.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I think the person who came up with this rumour was trying to pull our legs like with the Maka rumour
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

JP14 wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:39 pm I think the person who came up with this rumour was trying to pull our legs like with the Maka rumour
I doubt the Maka rumour was pulling anyones legs TBH, Maka isn't really a household name is he. We prob did look at him, but then we also did look into Kaino.