Have I missed Dom Barrow leaving us?

Post by Chobbsy »

This is the first I have heard about this !!!! To Saints as well :(
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/43501344
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: Have I missed Dom Barrow leaving us?

Post by RagingBull »

Chobbsy wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:01 pm This is the first I have heard about this !!!! To Saints as well :(
Yeh you did miss it.
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

RagingBull wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:08 pm
Chobbsy wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:01 pm This is the first I have heard about this !!!! To Saints as well :(
Yeh you did miss it.
Obviously I did, so much for him being our future captain
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
MikeR
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by MikeR »

Very sad to hear he is going - I think he is the best of our present locks by some distance and a future Club Captain .I wish some of the other forwards had his heart and aggression.
ghdav27

Post by ghdav27 »

MikeR wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:18 pm Very sad to hear he is going - I think he is the best of our present locks by some distance and a future Club Captain .I wish some of the other forwards had his heart and aggression.
Completely agree.
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Some people talk about Barrow like he is Brodie Retallick. He is a penalty magnet and overrated.

Spencer his replacement has been getting lots of plaudits and is in the wider EPS. Some people talking with their tigers tinted specs on. If he was any good a bigger club than Saints would have gone in for him.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

There is obviously a story behind this not playing related, the "fight" has been mentioned, I suppose we might find out, but doubt it.
Sorry to see him go, the potential is there, to me far more than Spencer.
The big shame was Blaze's early retirement, he was going to make it without a doubt.
We need a real nuggetty 2nd row in the style of MJ & Louis Deacon to balance us up, some of the announced signings seem a bit soft to me.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Denton and Thompson soft. Interesting :smt017
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Not sad at all!
Stephen18
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Stephen18 »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:37 pm Some people talk about Barrow like he is Brodie Retallick. He is a penalty magnet and overrated.

Spencer his replacement has been getting lots of plaudits and is in the wider EPS. Some people talking with their tigers tinted specs on. If he was any good a bigger club than Saints would have gone in for him.
I haven’t seen that anywhere havent even seen him talked about as england, I just think people liked his leadership and aggression but he did give away penalties, i see Spencer as an almost like for like ,theyre a similar age, he makes some big hits and is aggressive in the ruck, but also misses a number of tackles going for the big hit and gives away penalties. Its was only a couple pf weeks ago everyone on here wanted rid of Kitchener and Fitzgerald cause they werent good enough now we've strung together a couple of wins their great and we can cope, you cant pleae us fans. Its the modern era player players move on for whatever reason and new players come in, id hope tigers are still looking at 2nd rows as i think you now need 3 players for every position to get through the seasons.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Clearly there has been a bust up. Which happens. I'm not sure how good Dom Barrow is, or could be. And I'm not sure if he or Saints know either. Gibson has done well in a failing team. But whether you could actually say it was a good move for him is open to question. I would suggest Barrow is a long way from international honours at the minute. But good luck to him nonetheless. I always thought he put everything in for us physically even if he made mistakes at times.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I’m sad that he is leaving, at times he gave us some real good umph in attack and I believe his work laid the foundations for our stunning preseason win over Ospreys but many on here believe he gives away too many penalties. I feel sympathy for him and I think he feels hard-done by the club otherwise why drink booze with the cameras on you and sign for our nearest and greatest enemy?
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

i feel that stunning preseason win was more down to a poor team than us, looking at the how we started the prem.
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Preseason means nothing apart from getting a run out,now Gibson,he has been sorely missed.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Frankly Scarlet.......you know the rest. Blahdy merry go round. If he wants to go. Sod him! You can only support what's in front of you. Waldrom! Who??
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"