Have I missed Dom Barrow leaving us?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tigerbeat

Re: Have I missed Dom Barrow leaving us?

Post by Tigerbeat »

SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Rugbyflanker wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:12 pm Preseason means nothing apart from getting a run out,now Gibson,he has been sorely missed.
You are joking.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

JP14 wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:34 pm I’m sad that he is leaving, at times he gave us some real good umph in attack and I believe his work laid the foundations for our stunning preseason win over Ospreys but many on here believe he gives away too many penalties. I feel sympathy for him and I think he feels hard-done by the club otherwise why drink booze with the cameras on you and sign for our nearest and greatest enemy?
Alright he was in the team for the pre season Tigers v Ospreys win, but he was in the Tigers v Bath game where we lost 23-27 with Bath having 3 in the bin under the direction of Luke Pearce who we happen to have on Sunday v Wasps. His last Premiership game was against his former club Falcons, then injury etc. etc. Even though he played in an A league game it was Tigers who nursed him back to fitness to which he has made no contribution on the field and at times when we needed his skills. Yes he did give away penalties and had a short fuse but he should not feel hard done by on leaving Tigers for an experience in France and then moving to a lowly placed Saints team with plenty of ex Tigers around him.
Life moves on he was paid whilst in the treatment rooms - good luck Dom!
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Gibson has been very good for Saints and I would've kept him over Croft. Its only now that our BR has been settled with Kala shoring things up and adding the balance,let's not rewrote history here our BR was a joke for a good while,opensides at 8,3 blindsides etc Gibson would've added balance. Good all round player and very good disrupting mauls for a flanker,so no not joking at all.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Rugbyflanker wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:13 am Gibson has been very good for Saints and I would've kept him over Croft. Its only now that our BR has been settled with Kala shoring things up and adding the balance,let's not rewrote history here our BR was a joke for a good while,opensides at 8,3 blindsides etc Gibson would've added balance. Good all round player and very good disrupting mauls for a flanker,so no not joking at all.
Except that's not why he left - it was nothing to do with how good he was but partly personality issues and partly ambition. So my comment was a reality-based one - we wouldn't and he wouldn't.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

jgriffin wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:56 am
Rugbyflanker wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:13 am Gibson has been very good for Saints and I would've kept him over Croft. Its only now that our BR has been settled with Kala shoring things up and adding the balance,let's not rewrote history here our BR was a joke for a good while,opensides at 8,3 blindsides etc Gibson would've added balance. Good all round player and very good disrupting mauls for a flanker,so no not joking at all.
Except that's not why he left - it was nothing to do with how good he was but partly personality issues and partly ambition. So my comment was a reality-based one - we wouldn't and he wouldn't.
I believe Cockers thought Gibson was a 'walk-about' player that didn't like playing to script, maybe a bit like TTTE, wants to play what is in front of him? IMO Gibson has done good at Saints, excellent work-rate.
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Barrow Yellow card for high tackle on his debut today........
Coops
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Coops »

Such a penalty machine. No great loss IMO
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

fentiger wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:31 pm Barrow Yellow card for high tackle on his debut today........
La Rochelle made it back-to-back wins in the Top 14 after they picked up a 31-20 victory over Bordeaux-Begles at Stade Marcel Deflandre.

They led 19-7 at the break thanks to Charles Bouldoire, Dany Priso and Tawera Kerr-Barlow's tries, with Pierre Gayraud scoring for UBB.

Afaesetiti Amosa's crossing extended the hosts' buffer to 16 points just before the hour mark but Jandre Marais hit back for UBB to make it 26-17 before Baptiste Serin added a penalty to further reduce the gap to just six points with 13 minutes remaining in the contest.

Alexi Bales though secured a maximum for La Rochelle in the final play of the match in a win that takes them up to third for the time being.

The scorers:

For La Rochelle:
Tries: Bouldoire, Priso, Kerr-Barlow, Amosa, Bales
Cons: Retiere 2, Bales
Yellow Card: Barrow **** He joins other Tigers being yellow carded on their first games JPP, MT etc.

For Bordeaux-Bègles:
Tries: Gayraud, Marais
Cons: Serin 2
Pens: Serin 2

La Rochelle: 15 Charles Bouldoire, 14 Arthur Retiere, 13 Geoffrey Doumayrou, 12 Pierre Aguillon, 11 Steeve Barry, 10 Jeremy Sinzelle, 9 Tawera Kerr-Barlow, 8 Afaesetiti Amosa, 7 Zeno Kieft, 6 Kevin Gourdon, 5 Dom Barrow, 4 Romain Sazy, 3 Uini Atonio, 2 Pierre Bourgarit, 1 Dany Priso
Replacements: 16 Hikairo Forbes, 17 Kamaliele Tufele, 18 Gregory Lamboley, 19 Gregory Alldritt, 20 Alexi Bales, 21 Ryan Lamb, 22 Vincent Rattez, 23 Mohamed Boughanmi

Bordeaux-Bègles: 15 Nans Ducuing, 14 Ed Fidow, 13 Jean-Baptiste Dubie, 12 Romain Lonca, 11 Blair Connor, 10 Tiaan Schoeman, 9 Baptiste Serin, 8 Leroy Houston, 7 Cameron Woki, 6 Marco Tauleigne, 5 Jandre Marais, 4 Loann Goujon, 3 Vadim Cobilas, 2 Adrien Pelissie, 1 Jefferson Poirot
Replacements: 16 Florian Dufour, 17 Sebastien Taofifenua, 18 Pierre Gayraud, 19 Kitione Kamikamica, 20 Nick Frisby, 21 Simon Hickey, 22 Apisai Naqalevu, 23 Peni Ravai

Referee: Tual Trainini
Assistant referees: Cedric Marchat, Eric Soulan
TMO: Maxime Chalon
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I really like the look of Dany Priso, a real French prospect
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

It would amuse me if Barrow liked it that much in France that he reneged on his Stains contract!
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:30 am It would amuse me if Barrow liked it that much in France that he reneged on his Stains contract!
I'd be more amused to watch him giving away penalty after penalty for Saints next season :smt003
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

Tiglon wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:42 am
longlivethecrumbie wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:30 am It would amuse me if Barrow liked it that much in France that he reneged on his Stains contract!
I'd be more amused to watch him giving away penalty after penalty for Saints next season :smt003
I would like to know what he said to make Tom Youngs smack him and the club get rid of him?
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

One wonders if he might be involved in a season-long battle for Premiership survival next season....?
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

strawclearer wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:56 am
One wonders if he might be involved in a season-long battle for Premiership survival next season....?
I doubt it, I think they'll be much better next year. Already showing improvement, and a decent fly half will do wonders for their game - they've needed one for years.