Tigers v Wasps Sunday March 25th

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Timmers
Top Cat
Top Cat

Re: Tigers v Wasps Sunday March 25th

Post by Timmers »

strawclearer wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:29 pm Watching Mat "Call me Harry Potter" Tait's try-saving tackle over and over - and surmising that, had Manu not gone off injured, not sure Robson would have been caught. Manu has huge attributes but a sprint over that distance to catch one of the Prem's quickest 9s would have been beyond him. As Coleman would have said: "Quite remarkable!"
I’ve also watched it back a few times. That is serious pace Tait showed. Rugby players get very few chances over a season to have free run over more than 20m such is the nature of prem rugby these days, you can see why he was so good in the 7’s. It’s a shame we don’t see him score more tries when you see pace like that. Manu wouldn’t have caught robson..a potentially pivotal point in our season...which incidentally got skill of the week on channel 5.
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Considering Sam had been ill over the week end he did brilliantly to last. Thought he played very well.
Grimlish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Grimlish »

Sam looked knackered, possibly carrying an injury by the time he went off. Simmons did play well but also showed some inexperience - he overplayed at least three passes when we were on their line, going to the last man not the nearest or best placed man, enabling their defence to cover the options. But he also added a different threat around the fringes of the breakdown. He's a good prospect.
Coops
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Coops »

TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TomWeston »

Coops wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:01 am http://www.englandrugby.com/news/tigers ... 85590852=1

Malouf cited.
The hearing in COVENTRY of all places!
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

TomWeston wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:34 am
Coops wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:01 am http://www.englandrugby.com/news/tigers ... 85590852=1

Malouf cited.
The hearing in COVENTRY of all places!
Isn’t that a bit close to call
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
jonnyatom5

Post by jonnyatom5 »

Malouf cited.
Didn't think this was a yellow, let alone a citing. Wade is 4ft tall (you know what I mean) and any tackle above waist height will undoubtedly come in contact with his neck area, especially if he's ducking down.
I hope Malouf is vindicated
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

The outcome will be that Wade and other diminutive players must play all their future game wearing stilts. :smt030 No case to answer here IMO, tackle was adjudged to be on the shoulder then sliding up, though excessive force was muttered I believe? Maybe that is the reason for the citing?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

Strange how if a coach or player says that a referee gets things wrong they are censured but these days a referee can see an incident and with the help of the TMO examine the incident in detail and in slow motion before making his decision and then a citing officer and a disciplinary panel can say that the ref got it wrong and that is ok. It used to be that if the referee saw something happen and took appropriate action in his view then that was the end of it.
If any player should be cited it should be Wade for his forearm charge into Jonny May which in no way could be construed as a hand-off.
Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bunchy »

If you watch it, I am afraid that the first contact was with Wade’s chin and despite the chat about his height, Malouf turned his head away and swung an arm which hit Wade’s chin. He will be fortunate to avoid a ban and will likely have to plead guilty on this.
Also, credit to Wade who made zero fuss about it.....
Less is more....
Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bunchy »

And if you watch the May incident, he head butted Wades shoulder........
Less is more....
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

I can't help but think that many of these incidents and injuries are being caused by the demands for the tackle to be lower which in turn is forcing players into contact situations with their head down leading to some getting bumped on the head and others just not in a position to use their eyes properly.
Malouf has his eyes down resulting in a poor contact on Wade, the result was head contact on Wade.
May had his head down resulting in a poor contact on Wade, the result was a head contact on May.
The pace of the game will catch players out if they are unable to fully use their senses in particular to see and react late.
They should've left the game well alone as it was and have now opened a huge can of worms in my opinion.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Bunchy wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:57 am And if you watch the May incident, he head butted Wades shoulder........
I must admit with the May incident I thought at the time it was shoulder to head but as Wade was the ball carrier this seems to be ignored.

As for Malouf imo first contact was with the chin, with force out of control. Likely to be upgraded to a red card 2 match ban.

If it had been Le Roux on Veianu for example a lot of people on here would be calling for the death penalty :smt027
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Wade dipped and lead with his shoulder, he should have been sent off if this duty of care is being taken seriously
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:56 pm Wade dipped and lead with his shoulder, he should have been sent off if this duty of care is being taken seriously
Agreed