Tigers v Wasps Sunday March 25th

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Mark62
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Wasps Sunday March 25th

Post by Mark62 »

jgriffin wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:36 pm Firstly, Manu was getting in his motor at 1800 and looked in a lot of pain. Doesn't look good.
Secondly the ref was poor. One of his cards was a repeat of one in the Falcons game where JPD gave penalty only, he missed tons of Wasp chicanery especially side entry as they got tired.
The game was won by Tait and also holding the fort when down to 14.
Ford for me had a middling game. Cole was getting crunched by Wasps illegal scrummaging, step sideways and angled before the ball in, and Robson threw the ball to the 8 anyway. Malouf is a keeper.
Tigers were on top from 30 mins to the end, but should've gone oldskool and jumper stuffed up the middle as Wasps were spent.
Our reserve bench was awesome!
Finally, if we are shedding Mapa at the end of the season, WHY?
With the greatest respect jgriffin 1st half scrums were Cooper-Woolley coming straight across Bateman onto Young’s which once Tom pointed out to Sir stopped and we gained parity in the 1st half and ripped them a new one in the 2nd.
Pleased that Bateman started he deserved it. However the Baby Rhino is back and looking savage
Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Stu_F »

sapajo wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:06 pm le Roux was demonstrably concussed after a head to head collision in the tackle with Polota Nau. He had blood leaking from his head down his face and was struggling to keep upright. Why no mandatory HIA it beggars belief that no one spotted it?
Wasps had no backs replacements left, would they have been entitled to put Robson back on for an HIA? Cos there was no way Daly could come back as he seemed to have seriously injured his hand, broken finger?
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Blimey we were all wrong, watching the left hand side and the angles.....The drive across Cole may also have been a doctor but I am relying onassent from the fatboys around me, being a back
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Stu_F wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:08 pm
sapajo wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:06 pm le Roux was demonstrably concussed after a head to head collision in the tackle with Polota Nau. He had blood leaking from his head down his face and was struggling to keep upright. Why no mandatory HIA it beggars belief that no one spotted it?
Wasps had no backs replacements left, would they have been entitled to put Robson back on for an HIA? Cos there was no way Daly could come back as he seemed to have seriously injured his hand, broken finger?
Commentary said it was a dislocation when he tried to tackle Veianu which their medical staff put back with the help of some gas and air
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Great win. Thought Bateman had another very good came. Love Coley but v Bath give him a bit of a rest and put him on the bench. Bateman and Genge ( and Logo) can all get across the gain line and the wider pitch : the tackle by Malouf wasn’t round the knec( I might be proved wrong when I watch the game through). Now to Twickers, hoping lots of us go and that May and O’Connor are fit.
Finally,Mat Tait, brilliant: he has been all season and the defence seemed stronger with him on. True Tiger and glad he is here next season.
Reggie
Tiger Cub

Post by Reggie »

Can we have a mention for Polota-Nau who did a tour of the pitch after the match to thank the fans, with a big grin on his face! A nice touch.
CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CJ »

What a terrific match. Nail biting, so exciting and the atmosphere reminded me of that brilliant game against Stade Francais all those years ago.

Tait's try saving tackle was pivotal imo. I know there is a try of the week but that had to be the tackle of the week.

Read somewhere that Manu will be out for two weeks. Fine - ready to come back v Barf then. If that info is true, that is.

onwards and upwards from here! Can't wait for the Saints game.
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

MOC said on BT after the game that they think Manu has a peck strain, Manu himself who has torn a peck before said to medics/coaches this didn't feel as bad as last time
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Reggie wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:35 pm Can we have a mention for Polota-Nau who did a tour of the pitch after the match to thank the fans, with a big grin on his face! A nice touch.
+1 :smt023
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

drc_007 wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:42 pm https://twitter.com/btsportrugby/status ... 3900693504

Tait's tackle.
It was a great Underhill personation. Actually better :smt026
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

“Genge is a monster, he is the new farmer white.”

Brilliant!

Thank you Dr H Flashman MBE, spot on!
Valhalla I am coming!
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Brilliant tackle amazing,hard to say if Underhill was better because Robson should've dived for the line
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Reggie wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:35 pm Can we have a mention for Polota-Nau who did a tour of the pitch after the match to thank the fans, with a big grin on his face! A nice touch.
Luke Hamilton followed him too. :smt001
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

I'd prefer to give a mention to all of the players for their effort and performance during the match.

I find this much more important than having them trudge around the pitch afterwards waving to the crowd.

Well done to all of the players today!