The Clash

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Re: The Clash

Post by TigerCam »

ourla wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:15 pm Our front row should be terrorising theirs for the full 80 minutes. Not saying we will, just should be.

One would hope Jonny May and TV will be burning things up on this big stage.
I expect Obano to get pinged regularly at scrum time. Need to keep tabs on Wilson who is on really good form.
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

L Smith wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:30 pm Who’s sir?
Sir Wayne Barnes
Semper in excretia
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

TigerCam wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:35 pm
ourla wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:15 pm Our front row should be terrorising theirs for the full 80 minutes. Not saying we will, just should be.

One would hope Jonny May and TV will be burning things up on this big stage.
I expect Obano to get pinged regularly at scrum time. Need to keep tabs on Wilson who is on really good form.
The only thing is, rain is forecast for the morning, we could have done with a nice dry track for TV and JM
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

I'm glad to see that Jordan Olufewa has been given a chance on the bench and I'm sore that he will probably
play 20 or 30 minutes in the second half. He is an exciting young back that I;m sure will have a great future with the club, that is if Tigers can hold on to him. :smt026
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

I agree with others that Holmes should be in the 23 but I guess we need Smith to cover centre.

Great to see Jordan on the bench. He looks a talent. Just hope he gets more than 10 mins. The boy has pace to burn and on a big pitch he could be a menace.

Intertesting that Bath were 6/4 before the teams, now touching evens. Can't see more than a try in it either way.
Stephen18
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Stephen18 »

MrPartridge wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:49 am I agree with others that Holmes should be in the 23 but I guess we need Smith to cover centre.

Great to see Jordan on the bench. He looks a talent. Just hope he gets more than 10 mins. The boy has pace to burn and on a big pitch he could be a menace.

Intertesting that Bath were 6/4 before the teams, now touching evens. Can't see more than a try in it either way.
I thought it was said that Holmes has a hamstring injury that he got in the sarries game, Otherwise I would have thought he would be in the 23 possibility even startinghes got to be pushing thommo for the 2nd choice winger slot. Its good that they've gone with a development player rather than just sticking Joe Ford in. Although im a bit suprised they’ve chosen Jordan over Worth, but Jordan definitely is the more exciting player.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Too close to call this one. If we had BOC and Williams fit, I would make us favourites, as it is I reckon we could struggle, it is going to take a great performance from the pack to provide the front foot ball for our superior backs to exploit....

I'm playing golf this afternoon which is probably a good thing for my blood pressure, I really enjoy watching a recording knowing we have won, on the other hand the delete button awaits if things go badly!!
Soggypitch
CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CJ »

Really disappointed to concede the try but hey, it's an 80 minute game. Still think we can win this one.
POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Post by POSTIGER »

Disgusting decision. If we lose because of that yellow.......
I saw Marika Vunibaka play
CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CJ »

And now we've done it to them as well! Excellent, patient, hard worked try. Brilliant.
CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CJ »

And I forgot to mention the TBP!
CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CJ »

Wnonderful. Great display. If only we had played all season like this.
DaveRave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DaveRave »

Ruddy marvellous. I was worried we'd chuck it away when down to 14 but instead Tigers marched up the field and scored twice!
Crofty
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crofty »

Old fashioned game: the forwards decided the victor the backs decided the margin. Cracking game! :smt026 :smt026
No, not that one!

Remember, whatever you do to the smallest of the backs you do to his prop, and you can't avoid the rucks and mauls forever...

I know you don't like it when I boo him but how else will he know he's wrong?

non possumus capere
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

Really top class second half performance.