The Clash

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tigerbeat

Re: The Clash

Post by Tigerbeat »

chewbacca wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:53 pm Well done Worcs. Tigers are 3rd.
Did not see that coming.....well done Worcester.....a good day for results!

Two wins at home should secure a top 4 finish.....however, lets keep the winning momentum going
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

Tomvarndell wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:16 pm Great win for us. Are we, though, the only team who ever get men sin binned for deliberate knock ons? I'm still fuming from the Worcester game earlier his season where their player stayed on the pitch but also wonder today how Bath 8 doesn't get a yellow for something we seem to see yellow for. Went for it with one hand and had the ball beat him Jonny is away.
Had me screaming yellow at the TV. Was amazed when it wasn't given.
I'm not cynical just experienced
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

Tigerbeat wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:17 pm
chewbacca wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:53 pm Well done Worcs. Tigers are 3rd.
Did not see that coming.....well done Worcester.....a good day for results!

Two wins at home should secure a top 4 finish.....however, lets keep the winning momentum going
Typical of Saints not to do us a favour. :smt003
I'm not cynical just experienced
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Good result but not Waynes World best day. Yellow for Thommo was just silly, was he supposed to leave the pitch then at that point to avoid Wilson kneeing him and falling forwards? Faletau was a deliberate knock on that could well have been a try for Orange boots May and so should have been a yellow. Oh yes and we need a kicker, Ford is far too flakey at this level, England have Farrell to cover him, we don't.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Stephen18
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Stephen18 »

[/quote]
Typical of Saints not to do us a favour. :smt003
[/quote]

Im a bit worried about what Northampton team show up next week, they’ve now got nothing to play for they won’t get relegated and won’t get top 6. So this could be their cup final, and they’ll definitely want to try and stop us making the top 4. I think we’re going to need to come out the blocks faster than today and really beat them down.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Another away win, well done the boys! :smt038 Not sure it was a great performance though, some silly penalties given away, must have been a very good half time talk as we definitely smartened up second half. Will be a very interesting match next week, don't know what to think about Saints, bet they don't either, hopefully a 5 point win for us. :biggrin:
Stephen18
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Stephen18 »

G.K wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:56 pm Good result but not Waynes World best day. Yellow for Thommo was just silly, was he supposed to leave the pitch then at that point to avoid Wilson kneeing him and falling forwards? Faletau was a deliberate knock on that could well have been a try for Orange boots May and so should have been a yellow. Oh yes and we need a kicker, Ford is far too flakey at this level, England have Farrell to cover him, we don't.
Personally i think Thommos was a clear cut yellow he push his way past Brew as Wilson jumps and runs straight under him he doesn't make any attempt to jump for the ball, he needs to just stop and wait for him to land he knows hes not getting to the ball.
I think the only thing that saves Faletau is that the knocks it up and gets to it for a 2nd go at catching it, but definitely no different to Veainu, so if 1’s a yellow they both have to be yet again another rule that refs are not reffing the same it needs sorting out so the players know where they stand.
Have to agree about Ford, he was good with ball in hand and him and Toomua play well together, but he may have to give the kicking duties to Toomua.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Stephen18 wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:58 pm they won’t get relegated
Whilst it's highly unlikely they'll get relegated - due to nothing more than L Irish having Chiefs and Sarries as their next two opponents, nothing whatsoever to do with Saints resilience or ability, they could still be relegated with some freak results.

We shouldn't care about what Stains team turns up, we should focus on ourselves and just prepare our own lads and plan and smash them from the first whistle to the last.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
newport tiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by newport tiger »

JP14 wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:51 pm Did anyone else wanted to throw something at the Television over that Channel 5 commentator’s insistence to call Kitchener Kirchener. Dear, oh dear
Yes very annoying. we were attacking on a couple of occasions going through the phases and suddenly Kirchener was mentioned i thought it was a Barf turnover!
HantsTiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by HantsTiger »

Just home, great result. Funny to watch the Bath fans leaving with 5 to go, why pay all that money and leave early? It's not football (and as a West Brom fan I know the pain of losing!).

What was the call on Valentinos tackle? We were surrounded by the Bath masses baying for blood! We feared a red for Thommo, which shows were the game has gone.

Not sure what it looked like on TV but every time there was niggle their players seemed to make a beeline for Genge, even when he was no-where near the bother. Our scrum was immense but how was there not a pen try for all of those reset scrums, especially after the 3 got binned? Nice to watch him and Genge having a good chat and a shake of the hands before they went down the tunnel after the game, tough day at the office for the Bath pack.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Wow thought that we had blown that when Thompson was yellow carded post us gifting Bath six brain dead points. In the end I finally saw a Tigers performance that I recognised. It was a joy to watch!
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

sapajo wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:43 pm Wow thought that we had blown that when Thompson was yellow carded post us gifting Bath six brain dead points. In the end I finally saw a Tigers performance that I recognised. It was a joy to watch!
It was a joy for me. As I knew the result and was watching with a medicinal Remy, thanks to one of the boys spilling the beans. Thought the pack were brilliant. How good is it to have Genge back? Also Sam did us proud. Thought he was in for shout for MoM.

Cheers folks.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

HantsTiger wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:35 pm Just home, great result. Funny to watch the Bath fans leaving with 5 to go, why pay all that money and leave early? It's not football (and as a West Brom fan I know the pain of losing!).

What was the call on Valentinos tackle? We were surrounded by the Bath masses baying for blood! We feared a red for Thommo, which shows were the game has gone.

Not sure what it looked like on TV but every time there was niggle their players seemed to make a beeline for Genge, even when he was no-where near the bother. Our scrum was immense but how was there not a pen try for all of those reset scrums, especially after the 3 got binned? Nice to watch him and Genge having a good chat and a shake of the hands before they went down the tunnel after the game, tough day at the office for the Bath pack.
Common knowledge that Ellis had a temper, so maybe they thought he could be wound up. He did get a Tiger's penalty reversed due to reprisal. So, go after him to get him off the pitch for 10 mins if not longer. Glad to see he settled down. He is so good he does not need to 'take the bait'.
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Just got home. Brilliant second half and thought Wayne Barnes was very good. Thomo had to get a yellow because of today’s ruling of duty of care. At half time I thought we were a little off with tactics but what a huge effort in the second half. Was Kalafamoni Man Of The Match: didn’t hear it announced at Twickers. Smith, Evans, Bateman, Logo were superb finishers. Saints will be dangerous. Remember the start of the season: Saints humiliated by Sarries then the following week easily beat us!
Really enjoyed the game and Bath fans around us were good; they thought Barnsley was our new signing. No, just the best ref by miles.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

JP14 wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:11 pm Olowofela - N/A didn’t come on unfortunately which is a great shame.
I do apologise I now realise that Olowofela did in fact come on as a replacement but as it was late in the game like with 5 minutes to go or something therefore the rating still remains N/A
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni