The Clash

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: The Clash

Post by TomWeston »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:13 pm Hopefully with people coming back to fitness, I would pick:

Genge Polata-Nau Mulipola
Fitzgerald Kitchener
Williams Kalamafoni O’Connor
Harrison Ford (c)
Toomua Tait
May Veainu Holmes

Bateman Youngs Cole Wells Hamilton White Malouf Thompstone
Isn’t that Harrison Ford getting on a bit now? Is Muli still happy to play Chew Bacca?
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Why is it called the Clash? Is it some advertising loon who thought up the name to describe one of the oldest
fixtures in Club rugby or has someone at Bath got shares in a firm which sells percussion instruments? It's not even played at Bath's traditional home, presumably because Bath are so cash starved that they need the extra Moolahs. Anyway if Bath perform as poorly as they have done over their last two games it won't be much of a clash more like a whimper. :smt013
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

Of course it is a marketing ploy, it is called the clash because someone thought up the name for the same event last year. Bath like all Premiership clubs are short of cash they are subsidised by a very rich man as are a few other clubs, we Tigers are self sufficient but currently showing losses on our balance sheet. Bath after more than twenty years of professional rugby still do not have a ground fit for purpose so it is not surprising that they are seeking ways to increase turnover and decrease losses. Of course in giving up home advantage they are taking a risk, it is our job to make sure they find that a risk not worth taking so get yourselves to Twickenham and shout for your team.
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

Not going this year, last year's experience was disappointing. Barf fans who knew nothing about the game, shouting in ones ear, tapping my head every time they scored and throwing beer over me. I refrained from knocking their lights out and have decided its not the match for me.
I'm sure Barf gave away tickets like Saracens do to fill the stadium.
For those going hope you get a better experience than I did last year.
There were 8 of us in my gang that went last year and this year no one is going.
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Yeah I'm not going this year either but it;s purely for financial reasons. For me last year's experience was spoilt by a group of so called Bath supporters soddled with either Lager or Cider, one of whom invaded the pitch close to the end of the game just after we had scored and as the ref had to stop the game so he could be dealt with, the breather helped Bath more than Tigers and shortly scored the winning try. I trust that the individual involved received a life ban. :smt018
Jacko27

Post by Jacko27 »

I'm a little surprised by the negative comments about last year's "Clash". My recollections are very different: apart from the fatuous name and intrusive PA, I thought it was a great day out. It was an exciting open game (that Bath nicked at the end, unfortunately). The Bath fans near me, in general, were partisan of course but reasonably friendly and well informed about both teams. The real bonus was that ten tickets for decent seats at Twickenham cost a total of £100 which was fantastic value. My tickets this year cost £11 each and I'm hoping for another sunny April day and another open game but with a different result. :smt026 :smt026
Jacko27

Post by Jacko27 »

Reference above, ERC has just announced "over 50,000 tickets" have been sold so far but tickets are still available from £15 for adults & £5 for under 16's. The more Tigers support the better and this is a must win if we're going to make play-offs.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

This would be my team versus Bath at Twickenham

1 Gengey
2 TPN
3 Cole
4 Wells
5 Kitch
6 Mapapalangi
7 Evans
8 Kalamafoni
9 Shazam
10 G Ford
11 May
12 Toomua
13 Worth
14 Holmes
15 Veainu
16 Kerr
17 Bateman
18 Mulipola
19 Voss
20 Hamilton
21 Simmo
22 Tait
23 Olowofela
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

JP14 wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:29 am This would be my team versus Bath at Twickenham

1 Gengey
2 TPN
3 Cole
4 Wells
5 Kitch
6 Mapapalangi
7 Evans
8 Kalamafoni
9 Shazam
10 G Ford
11 May
12 Toomua
13 Worth
14 Holmes
15 Veainu
16 Kerr
17 Bateman
18 Mulipola
19 Voss
20 Hamilton
21 Simmo
22 Tait
23 Olowofela
You do make I laugh JP14 do you know that Tom Young’s, Fitzgerald, Williams, O’Connor and Tait are injured, because they will all at least be in the 23 if they’re not.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Mark62 wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:58 am
JP14 wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:29 am This would be my team versus Bath at Twickenham

1 Gengey
2 TPN
3 Cole
4 Wells
5 Kitch
6 Mapapalangi
7 Evans
8 Kalamafoni
9 Shazam
10 G Ford
11 May
12 Toomua
13 Worth
14 Holmes
15 Veainu
16 Kerr
17 Bateman
18 Mulipola
19 Voss
20 Hamilton
21 Simmo
22 Tait
23 Olowofela
You do make I laugh JP14 do you know that Tom Young’s, Fitzgerald, Williams, O’Connor and Tait are injured, because they will all at least be in the 23 if they’re not.
Tait is in the 23, O’Connor and Williams I think might still be injured. Tom Youngs is not on form and Fitzgerald would be No19 but I want to see what this James Voss can do at top level.

Also this more of an ideal team than a prediction team
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

Most of my Bath supporting friends are playing this down. They believe they are injury ravaged and will lose against a rampant and on form Tigers team. Most think that they only have 25 fit players.
Now, I am not buying into this, but they are not that confident. A few months ago that was me...
There is never any points for 2nd place...
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

Do we have any injury updates?
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

So far only that Manu is out May is back. Bathu have Louw and Garvey back so a Bath back row of Louw,Garvey,Faletau with Mercer from bench,easy advantage in the back row for Bath. Catt and Dunn fit but looking like Thomas and Perenise out so advantage us in the scrum,we have to target them there with both of our front rows. I'll have a look around for any more news.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Dr H Flashman MBE wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:08 pm Most of my Bath supporting friends are playing this down. They believe they are injury ravaged and will lose against a rampant and on form Tigers team. Most think that they only have 25 fit players.
Now, I am not buying into this, but they are not that confident. A few months ago that was me...
TB said in Somerset live "We’ve had 38 players in training this week, which is a really good sign.", so don't buy the injury ravaged line. Full article :- https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/sport/ot ... sh-1414426
Hehehehehehehehe
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Stay at home and watch the match live on Channel 5,at least you will avoid the journey and that god awful man on the Tannoy. But you never know he might have been stricken with Laryngitis hopefully. :smt026