RagingBull wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:04 pm Reffell - Wales U20 v France
White - England U20 v Ireland
Hardwick - England U20 v Ireland
Olowofela - England U20 v Ireland
Heyes - England U20 v Ireland
Lewis - England U20 v Ireland
Martin - England U18 v Scotland
Maxwell - Scotland U18 v England
Can anybody explain how we manage to win the U18's league without a single loss yet only manage one player in the England U18's 23, are most of the Tigers lads being rested? :smt017
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Re: Good luck to the Tigers Age grade internationals

Post by strawclearer »

...and haven't the England Tigers done well vs Ireland! The future's bright - the future's striped!
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
Stephen18
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Stephen18 »

strawclearer wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:35 pm ...and haven't the England Tigers done well vs Ireland! The future's bright - the future's striped!
Having just watched the game yeah all the boys looked good, White and Hardwick definitely look like they have the makings of a great partnership. White has quick distribution, good boxs quicking and runs great support likes and is fast, and Hardwick as well as good distribution and kicking from 10 runs great strong lines from 12, looks more like a Southern Hemisphere 10/12 like toomua, unlike the traditional northern hemisphere 10. I look forward to seeing them in the first 15 if not during the run in this season, definitely next. Also would love to know what Ant Allens and Blazes roll where as we looked sharpe in both attack and defence.
Other players of note were the 7 Earl and 14 Ibitoye, could see both of them on the summer England tour definitely look like future starters.
Hinckley Bob
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Hinckley Bob »

Some great prospects there, especially White and Hardwick. I now see why Kitto was released, White looks better already. Joe Ford could be next as Hardwick also looks the more complete player, with lots of time for improvement for both. We need to see these lads in the first team squad for next season.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

I disagree with the above a bit, I've watched all of these games and I thought England bullied to victory.
IMO you can see why they might develop a lack of technical ability in areas like the breakdown and in midfield creativity.
They struggled against sides that stood up to them.
White and Hardwick are not 1st team level IMO.
Olowafela is very good.
Too much pudding up front!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Heyes to me looks the most promising considering he is still only 18, so has another 3/4 years of development before looking at potentially playing senior rugby outside, AWC and A league games.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

I thought that he was a pudding.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

BFG wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:24 pm I disagree with the above a bit, I've watched all of these games and I thought England bullied to victory.
IMO you can see why they might develop a lack of technical ability in areas like the breakdown and in midfield creativity.
Olowafela is very good.
That’s how you win games BFG, you can’t just fling the ball everywhere all the time
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

BFG wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:48 pm I thought that he was a pudding.
And what do you mean by that?
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

Thought Ben White had a good game. Tracked well for his try.
I'm not cynical just experienced
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Thought both White and Hardwick were impressive particularly Hardwick, who should now be trained up as reserve 10 for the 1st team as the management have lost faith with joe ford who needs to go back to the championship.

Hayes has the stature and desire to succeed and at 18 certainly looks at good prospect. Now if only tigers had an 80 cap tight head prop to mentor him. !!!
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

JP14 wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:05 am
BFG wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:24 pm I disagree with the above a bit, I've watched all of these games and I thought England bullied to victory.
Olowafela is very good.
That’s how you win games BFG, you can’t just fling the ball everywhere all the time
It isn't about flinging the ball about, you are completely missing the point here but I am not surprised as I always find your player ratings ridiculous!
It is about learning, and that means developing areas like technical ability and vision.
Now exposing technical ability etc in play isn't conducive to getting results, but given that these are u20's IMO results shouldn't really matter as much.
All England did was give it to the big lad or the fast lad, heads down, that is alright for results at age grade but what happens when they meet seniors!
Ireland tried to play heads up, they made mistakes, those that continue to make mistakes will be left behind, those who improve their technical ability etc will go on to join the likes of Murray and Sexton etc.
Folk wonder why England struggle at senior level given how strong they are at age grade, and the reasons were evident last night, IMO!
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

I never read too much into these games,like I said there's u20 world champions who can't even get in their AP clubs,its a huge step up.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Rugbyflanker wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:56 am I never read too much into these games,like I said there's u20 world champions who can't even get in their AP clubs,its a huge step up.
Spot on, and why learning through exposure should come before results!