George Ford

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ellis9
Super User
Super User

Re: George Ford

Post by ellis9 »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:07 pm What a load of rubbish, Ford is class. With Toomua outside him at 12 and a pack now playing well we will see him shine. If Burns was so good then why would Priestland be staring over him at Bath and he would be in the England squad.

Only one fly half in the country who is hard done by by not being selected in the England squad and that’s Cipriaini, not Burns.
Now this post is more like it!
Hinckley Bob
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Hinckley Bob »

ellis9 wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:32 pm
Leicestertinytiger wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:07 pm What a load of rubbish, Ford is class. With Toomua outside him at 12 and a pack now playing well we will see him shine. If Burns was so good then why would Priestland be staring over him at Bath and he would be in the England squad.

Only one fly half in the country who is hard done by by not being selected in the England squad and that’s Cipriaini, not Burns.
Now this post is more like it!
Agreed. Also could not believe the post about how well Danny Care played. He cannot control a game the way that Ben does and it is no coincidence that England have fallen apart since he got injured. I am sure that George will be looking forward to having him back to share the responsibility.
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Been hard to criticise Jones because of his win rate. But why haven’t Robson and Cipriani been on the bench. Arguably the premiership form half backs, and Jones has said he picks on form which recent selections have show otherwise. Since the Argentina tour his selections have been conservative.

These two could turn a game on its head coming on for the last 20 in games. With Wigglesworth starting at 9 for his game management and dropping Care completely, the guy is a moron.
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Ford is not an international 10 simple as and I'm dreading him coming back to us too if it means Toomua is moved from FH.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

Rugbyflanker wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:33 pm Ford is not an international 10 simple as and I'm dreading him coming back to us too if it means Toomua is moved from FH.
If you believe Ford isn't an international class player and you're also dreading a player as good as he is, returning to the side?

When fit, our best backline is:
Youngs
Ford
Toomua
Tuilagi
Thompstone
May
Veainu
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

It's my opinion,Ford has shown nothing in an England shirt to conform he's a better shout than OF and we have been far better with Toomua at FH. Both Toomuas and Fords best games this season is without the other one there and at present I would pick Toomua over Ford everyday,that's not clueless its wanting the best for my team!
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Rugbyflanker wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:18 pm we have been far better with Toomua at FH.
Toomua has had the luxury of 'born again' forwards who are now playing with more confidence and dynamism.

Manu has also started looking better. Veainu is back and in good form. Team belief and confidence is higher. All of these things have an overall effect....and I don't buy for one moment that any of it is because Ford isn't at FH.

Had Toomua been at FH a few weeks earlier I believe there is every chance his performances may not have been so noticeable...or not for the same reasons.

Maybe it's not one thing or another, maybe it's a bit of both. But, until Ford has had the chance to play behind the pack as they're performing now, with Manu and Veainu causing defences to think again hence giving him more space, more confidence, then it's harsh to judge...whether it's personal opinion or personal agenda.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

We had front foot ball v sarries after dominating their scrum and Ford did diddley squat,watch that game again and Farrell was the far better FH and he was going backwards more often. Its not a personal agenda,I just think Ford is overrated and hasn't lived up to his early promise.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Slightly repetitive debate who is the better fly half or scrum half in my opinion, why can't folk just agree that they are different!
I agree with a previous poster, it's horses for courses.
One thing I think can be potentially bad for playmakers is having too many chiefs.
Cipriani would possibly be as likely to underperform with Care inside and Farrell outside as Ford is currently in my opinion.
I've never rated Care that highly as a playmaker, I think he is an advantage taker and not a playmaker which is why he is a good finisher.
I was surprised that Jones paired Ford with either of Wigglesworth or Care, never going to work at the highest level in my opinion.
Then I also don't really get why you would play Wigglesworth or Care who like to kick and then move Watson with his height from wing to full back.
Then there is the back row, a lock at blindside and a blindside at open side, there are plenty of puzzling tactical selections.
There are question marks over this England team but currently fingers need pointing more in the coaches direction in my opinion!
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

With Ford and Toomua at 10/12 we arguably have the best passers of the ball in England, possibly the NH. Just think back to the Autumn, Ford's sublime 25m pass off his left hand to Kalamafoni running at full tilt, or any of Toomua's beautiful lofted efforts.

We have stellar quality at 9-15. Let's hope that post 6N we can get decent ball to let them use it.
Goshengareth

Post by Goshengareth »

The sad predictability of Tigers' fans looking to run down a Tiger after an England defeat is always a joy to behold. Also combined with the deification of Freddy, despite the fact that he has never made it with England under more than one coach. They must all be wrong in this one-eyed world. And of course the improvement all being down to Toomua at 10 - nothing else has changed of course. Just that. In fact, we'd still be in Europe if only stupid MOC had picked him at 10 earlier.

Putting to one side my moaning at moaners............look forward to having Ford back in harness with Toomua. Re: England, I think selection needs freshening up. We need a more mobile back row. Ironically only player who has done well in my opinion is the least feted - Robshaw. Rest of back 5 have been poor, and I include Lawes in that altho nearly all commentators seem to disagree with me. Care was indeed dreadful.
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Wrong! Nothing to do with the England losses,George hasn't been on top form since the season Bath got to the AP final. Harsh but true,I'm a diehard Tigers fan but have absutely no qualms about questioning my own players if just,unlike most Tigers fans who always wear the green,red and white tinted glasses ;)
Goshengareth

Post by Goshengareth »

Must have been someone else who played amazingly at 10 for England in Argentina over the summer, and also very well in last year's 6N.
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Come on man lol that was the Jaguares sans best European based players who played like the barbarians,perfect for George. This wouldn't even that big a debate if he played for a different club side.
Stephen18
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Stephen18 »

Rugbyflanker wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:58 pm Come on man lol that was the Jaguares sans best European based players who played like the barbarians,perfect for George. This wouldn't even that big a debate if he played for a different club side.
Im sure you must be able to come up with a different argument rather than just reposting your clearly misguided opinion about Argentina, that was there best chance to beat england, they are made up of a tram that play together week in week out in super rugby and were missing at best 3/4 players. England were missing 11 with the lions, arguably one of the worlds best 8 in vunipola, youngs to personal reasons. Had 6 debutants 3 of which were 19. It was an amazing effort for them to win, Ireland chose to play usa and japan, wales tonga and samoa and only be samoa by 2 points.